Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: What is your ancestory?

Старший оракул
    Hi, I just dropped in for some coffee... Whoops, I see there is some tension here.

*backing out slowly*

-Fantom
    "Alright, brain, I don't like you and you don't like me, so let's just figure this out and I'll get back to killing you with beer."

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlacko
    Quote Originally Posted by Rtyom
    Don't the words of Joel, Vlaco and Zhenya have something in common? Yes, they do! People are free. People are born free and people are born to live free. Believe in what you want unless it contradicts the meaning freedom for other people.
    It's VLACKO not Vlaco!!!
    Oops, I'm sorry.
    «И всё, что сейчас происходит внутре — тоже является частью вселенной».

Почтенный гражданин
    Maybe there should be a part of the forum strictly for bitching about religion.
    I come to represent and carve my name within your chest.

Почётный участник
    I figured I'd throw my 2 cents in.
    My mother's ancestors came from England in the 1600's, Scotland and Ireland in the 1700's.
    My father's great grandparents emigrated from Germany in the late 1800's - hence my German last name. I have 1 Cherokee grandparent in there for good measure.
    Well,well. Mr Denzel Washington come back to beg forgiveness.This house is made of Play-Dough! I've got 400 honeybees in the parlour! Wait, Denzel! Eskimo kisses...

Почётный участник
    I am Greek, but the father of my grand mother (my mother’s side) had a Frank origin, however mixed with Greeks in many generations. Their family comes from a place of Greece which was conquered by the Franks some centuries ago. So I am Greek, but having a small Frank part on my blood (I calculate about 1-2% ).
    Греческо - Έλληνας

Почётный участник
    Parents both came from Poland to America. My moms side has Lithuanian descent.

Завсегдатай
    Oh, did I tell you guys yet that i don't know?
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

Подающий надежды оратор
    Lessee...I'm German, Irish, Italian, and Filipino.

My grandpas were born in Germany and the Philippines (and later moved to America), and my grandmas were born in America.
    "Everyone is born left-handed. You turn right-handed when you commit your first sin."
    -a sign on Norman Schwarzkopf's desk

From what I know of my ancestry, by talking with my grandma-ma.. My lineage is Scandenavian, which immigrated to America and married into the general populace. With a smidgen of Cherokee thrown in because of true love.

I have a southern American accent, yet I tend to speak like a northerner (using proper sentence structure and words over 2 syllables)
    Give someone fire, and you keep them warm for a single night. Set them on fire, and you'll keep them warm for the rest of their life.

Завсегдатай
    (using proper sentence structure and words over 2 syllables)
    Is it difficulut?

From spending quite a lot of time in my youth, reading books, it was natural to try and express complex thoughts by using a more exact specified word instead of country generalizations. For instance..

What a southerner would most likely say when giving directions to an out of town driver:

-Well, you go in this here direction *points* for a little ways, then when you come to a fallen fence post, swing a left and continue on down that road. And when it looks like the road is disappearing, stay with it and you'll pass through a section of open barbed wire fencing and you'll be there. OH, don't mind the cows, they won't cross the tractor bridge to get out.

What I would most likely say:

-Where are you wanting to get to? *listens to driver* Ok then, you passed up the road you were needing to take. Drive back the way you came, approximately 1-1/2 miles, and take a right, on highway 27 heading east. Then, approximately a half mile from there, turn right onto Old Mill road. And you will need to drive slow because that road is only a one lane road. I don't really know how far up it is, perhaps.. 2 miles or so? But, before you get there you will see that church on your left from far away.
    Give someone fire, and you keep them warm for a single night. Set them on fire, and you'll keep them warm for the rest of their life.

Завсегдатай
    Both ways seem agreeable... to different situations.

Подающий надежды оратор
    My mother's family lived in the general area while it was still Mexico (Arizona) and my father's family is almost full-blood Cherokkee.

Needless to say, I came out a bit odd.

Почтенный гражданин
    My mom is 1/2 Coharie Native American (from Southern North Carolina), and the other half we have no idea. There's probably at least 1 black (african) in there someplace.

My father's grandfather was 100% Irish. But other than that, my father is 99.9% American mutt. So you might call me Heinz 57 (that means 57 different varieties in my blood). Ha ha.

"Welcome to America! Feel free to breed with whomever you choose!"
    Платинов

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456