View Poll Results: What mobile phone do you have?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have no mobile phone!

2 9.09%
  • I have a really old mobile phone, don't want a fancy one...

2 9.09%
  • Blackberry

0 0%
  • Apple Iphone

3 13.64%
  • Android smartphone (Samsung Galaxy, HTC etc)

4 18.18%
  • Nokia

5 22.73%
  • Sony Eriksson

2 9.09%
  • Motorola

1 4.55%
  • LG

0 0%
  • Other, explain

3 13.64%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: What kind of Mobile Phone do you have? / Какой у вас мобильный телефон?

Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by Sala_ View Post
    I have an iPhone 4S. I can talk with my family on Facetime for free. Video calls, FREE! I check stock prices, read the news, browse Master Russian and even watch football games. Sometimes I chat with Siri and she talks back. (and I hear she's learning Russian too.) I love you iPhone..
    So do I! Nice to meet another pal with Android free mind! =)

How's this FaceTime thing different from video calls on Skype? I mean does it provide some extra services/possibilities Skype doesn't? Don't you have to pay for your Internet traffic anyway?

What was your previous iPhone? How did you like it? Why did you finally change it?

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomer View Post
    Anyway, how come that you are in the middle of all discussions, Hanna You seem to be the most inspiring person here
    That's what I've been wondering. I thought it was because she is well versed in IT stuff.

Then Eric left me wondering what was really going on here.
    luck/life/kidkboom
    Грязные башмаки располагают к осмотрительности в выборе дороги. /*/ Muddy boots choose their roads with wisdom. ;

Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
    I got it from work and I could choose between that, iphone or HTC. I simply took the one that has the biggest screen which happened to be the Samsung.
    I am not fussed about mobile phones whatsoever, I see it as necessary evil.
    If you are trying to say something then spit it out.
    "Necessary evil" is exactly what I was expecting to hear from you. The strange thing to me is a person choosing not the cheapest and simplest phone, to put it easy, while it's just s/he HAS to use it. Not to mention by his/her choice s/he supports those "evil corporations" which s/he so much stands against.

Завсегдатай
    An old Sony Ericsson. It is comfy to hold in my hand and I know it inside out, so I don't feel like replacing it anytime soon.

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric C. View Post
    "Necessary evil" is exactly what I was expecting to hear from you. The strange thing to me is a person choosing not the cheapest and simplest phone, to put it easy, while it's just s/he HAS to use it. Not to mention by his/her choice s/he supports those "evil corporations" which s/he so much stands against.
    Fitting, because that's exactly what I expected to hear from YOU - that you would turn an innocuous conversation about cell phones into a personal attack against Hanna, a technique you have employed before on this website and which is really disappointing to see you doing again.

So.. which one is it, Eric? A vendetta, or a crush? Or a little of both?
    luck/life/kidkboom
    Грязные башмаки располагают к осмотрительности в выборе дороги. /*/ Muddy boots choose their roads with wisdom. ;

Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by kidkboom View Post
    Fitting, because that's exactly what I expected to hear from YOU - that you would turn an innocuous conversation about cell phones into a personal attack against Hanna, a technique you have employed before on this website and which is really disappointing to see you doing again.

So.. which one is it, Eric? A vendetta, or a crush? Or a little of both?
    Oh c'mon, we don't come from Italy, do we? And luckily I'm still under my 30s to take your 2nd option.

What is it? I'm not quite sure but it seems, all I could possibly offend her with in that post was my saying what I had expected to hear from her, if this is at all offensive. All the rest wasn't technically personal.

Hanna
    Thanks for the compliment Doomer and for the moral support, KidK!

Well, since this has come up, I'll explain that I got very, very fed up with mobile phones during a period in my life when I had a work Blackberry that was beeping 24/7, every five minutes, and a boyfriend who as calling and texting obsessively (until I ended it).
    A mobile phone can become a real nuisance that constantly harasses you.

As for evil corporations - yes, both Samsung and Apple to some degree fall into that category. But they are also innovative companies at the forefront of technology. For me it was obvious that Android was preferable to Apple, since Android is open source. With only three choices, it was a fairly obvious choice. The HTC Wildfire, although also Android, had a smaller screen and I did not know anything about the company. I know that the quality of both Samsung and Apple products is generally good.

And KidK - somebody else is like you too - they don't have a mobil either!
    kidkboom likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric C. View Post
    So do I! Nice to meet another pal with Android free mind! =)

How's this FaceTime thing different from video calls on Skype? I mean does it provide some extra services/possibilities Skype doesn't? Don't you have to pay for your Internet traffic anyway?

What was your previous iPhone? How did you like it? Why did you finally change it?
    Hello! It's very nice to meet you too.

I don't know much about Skype but FaceTime rings my phone like any other call and it's in the palm of your hand. Officially FaceTime is a WiFi function but it will work over 3G if you're so inclined. iPod Touch supports FaceTime as well so you can connect with the non-cell service devices. iMessage is a free text function. I've yet to test it internationally but I don't see any reason why that wouldn't work. If it does, wow, free international texts.

Previously I had an iPhone 3G. I had it forever because it wouldn't stop working. Most new apps require more processor than the old phone had and I wanted the forward facing camera for FaceTime and the Cloud backup. I also like the idea of the lost phone locator and remote self destruct button just in case I do lose it. I really like iOS, the buttons and flow from one function to the next are logical and transition to the new phone was as seamless as you would expect. I instantly knew how to use the new phone and everything I had on the old phone, even bookmarks were on the new phone after a sync, but with lots more horsepower. And I really like holding a glass and metal device, it just feels right.
    ♪♫♪ ♫♫♪ ♪♫ ♪♫

Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by Sala_ View Post
    Hello! It's very nice to meet you too.

I don't know much about Skype but FaceTime rings my phone like any other call and it's in the palm of your hand. Officially FaceTime is a WiFi function but it will work over 3G if you're so inclined. iPod Touch supports FaceTime as well so you can connect with the non-cell service devices. iMessage is a free text function. I've yet to test it internationally but I don't see any reason why that wouldn't work. If it does, wow, free international texts.

Previously I had an iPhone 3G. I had it forever because it wouldn't stop working. Most new apps require more processor than the old phone had and I wanted the forward facing camera for FaceTime and the Cloud backup. I also like the idea of the lost phone locator and remote self destruct button just in case I do lose it. I really like iOS, the buttons and flow from one function to the next are logical and transition to the new phone was as seamless as you would expect. I instantly knew how to use the new phone and everything I had on the old phone, even bookmarks were on the new phone after a sync, but with lots more horsepower. And I really like holding a glass and metal device, it just feels right.
    Well, this at least means FaceTime is cooler than video calls using Skype because it can work over WiFi, and Skype requires you to get connected to its server on the web, so you can use FaceTime without being actually connected to the Internet and spending your traffic (but you have to be as close to who you talk to as the WiFi range lets you).

You made a great deal replacing your 3G one with a 4S. The former is based on a really old CPU which doesn't even enable you to set up the iOS 4+ which supports multitasking. Apart from that, 4S really beats 3G in CPU performance (it's more than four times faster), and I can only guess how many times it's cooler than 3G in graphics performance, because its graphics performance is actually up to 7X faster than the graphics performance of my iPhone 4 (whose CPU is ~ 2.5 times faster than the 3G CPU).

Почтенный гражданин
    Chiphone
    Серп и молот - смерть и голод!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12