Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Weather

Hanna

Re: Weather

Quote Originally Posted by Skiper
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanna
    Well, neighbours should offer at least!
    Who? Belarus? Ukraine? we also have fire, and our firefighters just keep saying "it's high temperature and bad weather, we can't do anything"
    I have heard that you can drive to Moscow from Helsinki in a day, if you start really early. Same from Tallinn.

Add 5 hours on the ferry from Stockholm, or a few more hours for Latvia, Lithuania, Poland..
    Why should state-of-the-art fire engines stand unused while Russian firefighters are dying, and judging from the pictures, some very old fire engines are being used.

Germany is probably a bit too far to drive, but they could offer help with planes for water dumping fire extinction. It would only take a couple of hours to fly to Moscow and they could save lots of lives and property!

Russia shouldn't have to face this alone...!
    Why isn't the rest of Europe helping?

Belarus is even closer to the heart of Europe, and Ukraine is bordering the EU. Didn't know there were fires there too.

If the EU had a joint emergency relief task force as they always talk about then they could quickly deploy enough people and equipment to really achieve some results.

Увлечённый спикер

Belarus is even closer to the heart of Europe, and Ukraine is bordering the EU. Didn't know there were fires there too.

If the EU had a joint emergency relief task force as they always talk about then they could quickly deploy enough people and equipment to really achieve some results.
    EU living by Double standards which are imposed by UK, France and Germany. It's obvious.
    «Кровью захлебнётся тот, кто усомнится в нашем миролюбии»

Hanna

Hmm... Yeah, you may be right. I will start a thread about the EU in the political lounge. I am interested to hear what people from the CIS countries think about the EU.

Увлечённый спикер

Hmm... Yeah, you may be right. I will start a thread about the EU in the political lounge. I am interested to hear what people from the CIS countries think about the EU.
    When Russia says that South Osetia can become an independent Country, EU says that it's some kind of separatism.
    But when Cosovo proclaim it's own independence, EU says "well, that's right", but Russia says that it's some kind of separatism, and why is that? that's all political, here's no place for responsibility, and for help.

Quote Originally Posted by Basil77
    у меня, правда тоже нету фильтра, но вот уже который год собираюсь купить, а то у меня сильная аллергия, и каждый год все хуже
    у моего знакомого аллергия еще сильней чем у меня, так у него по всей квартире кондиционеры, и фильтр, и он сидит только дома весь конец лета и осень
    вот что-то вроде этого:
    http://bt.rozetka.com.ua/ru/products/pr ... index.html
    Спасибо за ссылку, сейчас попробую выяснить как обстоит дело со всем этим у нас.
    Я хотел купить очиститель - я так понял, что ситуация такая же, как с кондиционерами. Всё раскупили. Хорошо хоть маски с зимы остались. В принципе, если взять обычную бумажную салфетку, смочить водой и дышать через неё, воздух терпимый.
    Прогноз погоды не радует, ветер не изменится до среды.
    Send me a PM if you need me.

Has the EU or any other countries offered Russia any help with the firefighting? It seems that the situation is so extraordinary that other countries ought to offer help..!
    Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Italy, Germany, France, Venezuela, South Ossetia, Abkhazia and other countries have offered assistance to Russia.

http://english.ruvr.ru/2010/08/06/14722279.html

Ukraine, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Italy are already helping.
    Please, correct my mistakes, except for the cases I misspell something on purpose!

Увлечённый спикер

ух ты, я и не знал что наши помогают, хотя от них помощи как.. ну думаю они приносят помощи не больше чем нам

Янукович первым предложил помощь, кстати.

"По состоянию на 07.00 воскресенья пожарными самолетами Украины осуществлено 56 полетов, сброшено на очаги пожаров 400 тонн воды", - отмечается в сообщении пресс-службы.
    Сводный отряд МЧС Украины из Луганской области продолжает патрулирование и тушение лесного пожара в Лискинском районе Воронежской области, отряд спасателей из Харьковской области охраняет от возможных возгораний Нововоронежскую АЭС и прилегающую территорию, сообщили в пресс-службе.
    http://www.ua.rian.ru/ukraine_news/2.../78471669.html
    Please, correct my mistakes, except for the cases I misspell something on purpose!

Basil & Ramil ... thank you again for helping me to better understand all that is going on there! As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words and the photos you have posted really show how bad it is there.

And Sperk... your explanation helps explain why this is so hard to stop as even if they were to use back fires or dig a trench, the trench probably would not be deep enough and it would probably be dangerous to dig if they open up the land at the wrong spot. It is so much harder to fight this than say the wildfires I am used to seeing and hearing about in the States.
    I only speak two languages, English and bad English.
    Check out the MasterRussian Music Playlist
    Click here for list of Russian films with English subtitles and links to watch them.

Завсегдатай

Has the EU or any other countries offered Russia any help with the firefighting? It seems that the situation is so extraordinary that other countries ought to offer help..!
    Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Italy, Germany, France, Venezuela, South Ossetia, Abkhazia and other countries have offered assistance to Russia.

http://english.ruvr.ru/2010/08/06/14722279.html

Ukraine, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Italy are already helping.
    I think that America should at least OFFER help. Even though Russia will decline it 100% and America probably would never follow through, it would at least be a nice gesture. Seeing as how Russia flew in supply and help for Hurricane Katrina in 2005. That was a big deal because it was the first time in a LONG time that Russian warplanes were given permission to fly in US airspace.

Russia has already given permission to US warplanes to fly in their airspace (and they do it everyday) so I really don't see the big deal. They should at least offer help

@ Hanna... I guess you are right about the driving. Its 12 hours by train from Tallin or Riga to Moscow. I assume it should be about the same by car.

I once drove from about 200KM south of San Fransisco to Seattle in one day, about 15 hours total. So it should be possible. The only thing that might mess up your plans is the border. They could close it for whatever reason and you could get stuck. But it might be fun!
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

Quote Originally Posted by Dogboy182
    I once drove from about 200KM south of San Fransisco to Seattle in one day, about 15 hours total.
    According to this source the distance between San Fransisco and Seattle is 679ml (1092km). It's almost the same as from Moscow to Samara (1088km), last time I drove there it took me about 12 hours (I got a couple of penalties for speeding during this trip though ).

Завсегдатай

Quote Originally Posted by Dogboy182
    I once drove from about 200KM south of San Fransisco to Seattle in one day, about 15 hours total.
    According to this source the distance between San Fransisco and Seattle is 679ml (1092km). It's almost the same as from Moscow to Samara (1088km), last time I drove there it took me about 12 hours (I got a couple of penalties for speeding during this trip though ).
    yeah, and thats why it took me 15 hours I drove slow. I meant that I drove from the town of Monterrey California, which is about 200km south of San Fran to Seattle. So actually 15 hours isn't bad. It was closer to 1250 KM...
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

Banned

Вчера до Питера ваш смог дошёл. Масквачи, хорош хулиганить!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Юрка
    Вчера до Питера ваш смог дошёл. Масквачи, хорош хулиганить!!!
    Мы тут торфяники жжем, смеёмся.
    Вот жалко, что там торф, а не конопляные поля горят.

Увлечённый спикер

Да вы все такие, а вот у нас в Украине тоже леса горят, вот лес горит и возле моего города.

Да вы все такие, а вот у нас в Украине тоже леса горят, вот лес горит и возле моего города.
    Казалось бы, причём здесь Лужков...

Hanna

Whatever else you could say about the weather in Moscow it sure isn't boring!
    What's the prognosis for the winter? A mild one or another "ice-age" one like last year?

Anything below -20 is pretty inhumane in my view.. and everything above 26....
    But that seems to be the pretty run-of-the-mill in Moscow!

Does St Petersburg have less extreme variation (less inland climate...?) or is it just as extreme?

Новичок

ну ну) по логике вещей наоборот: питерцы курят на москву - там какраз конопляные поля, почти)

i dont know anything about prognosis, because they are offen deceptive. in Komi Republic(north-east of european part Russia) last winter was so cold. -45 celsius was there about one or two weeks. in our hostel inside on first, second, third floor temperature was about +10 celsius(may be less). electricity cable was burned because many students used electricity heaters so one week we lived like in ancient times: without computers and light. it happend during winter session so many peoples was very angry.
    sorry for my English) i hope that i dont scared you)

я не знаю чего-либо о прогнозах, потому что они зачастую обманчивы. в Республике Коми(северо-восток европейской части России) прошлой зимой было довольно холодно. -45 по цельсию было здесь около одной или двух недель. в нашем общежитии внутри на первом, втором, третьем этажах температура была около +10 по цельсию(может ещё меньше). электрический кабель сгорел, потому что многие студенты пользовались электрическими нагревателями, поэтому одну неделю мы жили как в древние времена: без компьютеров и света. это произошло во время зимней сессии поэтому многие люди были разгневанными.
    простите за мой английский) я надеюсь что я не напугал вас)

Температура в Центральной России, по данным Росгидромета, начнет понижаться не раньше 20 августа. Как заявили в Росгидромете, нынешнее лето стало самым жарким за тысячу лет.
    Кому - нары, кому - Канары.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sperk
    Температура в Центральной России, по данным Росгидромета, начнет понижаться не раньше 20 августа.
    Пускай жара держится дольше. У меня отпуск только с 28-го августа начнётся, а лук ещё не убран. Дожди и холод для него - не очень.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast