Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vegetarism in Russia?

Властелин
    Yeah, well, I've heard a lot of stories about people eating their babies in NYC. That did not stop me from having fun over there last Christmas.
    I've got a TV, and I'm not afraid to use it

Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by Haksaw
    You cannot buy any vegetables, fruit, noodles or bread anywhere! Potatoes, mushrooms, bananas, apples? These are non exhistant. Same thing for any kind of lentils.
    Where did you get that from? Maybe from one of the food shortage periods in the USSR? All of these things can be easily bought here now.
    "Happy new year, happy new year
    May we all have a vision now and then
    Of a world where every neighbour is a friend"

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendy
    Quote Originally Posted by Haksaw
    You cannot buy any vegetables, fruit, noodles or bread anywhere! Potatoes, mushrooms, bananas, apples? These are non exhistant. Same thing for any kind of lentils.
    Where did you get that from? Maybe from one of the food shortage periods in the USSR? All of these things can be easily bought here now.
    Yeah sure. However pro-Russian I may be, you gotta own up when the cap fits. There's no point in pretending that those vegetables are freely available in Russia because we all know they aren't. I mean to the average Russian, I don't mean a rich bloke like myself. What does the average Russian eat? Potatoes and pasta, innit, Friendy?
    Show yourself - destroy our fears - release your mask

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Anna
    f great-grandmothers free roaming long horn steer .
    A guy would have build a pretty big loop in order to get his rope aroung those horns!
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia
    Excuse me there Mister Vending Machine but can you get a New York strip steak there in St Petes' and what do you call them ?
    Concerning vetetables, all one would need to go with that steak is a potato, anyway.
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Wasn't it our friend Breshnev (or was it Kruchev) who said that potato is Russia's second bread?

I don't know what cave Hacksaw and VM live in, but vegetables are freely available in stores and even some of them walk about on the street, but they have uniforms and are called the милиция so don't eat them..
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

ST
    Yeah, potato is cool and a mushrooms too!
    The bear looked at the car, and reflections of fire danced in his eyes. He knew what to do.

Подающий надежды оратор
    Mushrooms are a good source for albumen. There are many things that can be eaten by vegetarians. For me it took 6 years to become a vegetarian. Without the help of my grandmother I did not succeed. She is not a vegetarian. In the 90s I ate a lot outside and then it is very hard to become vegetarian.

We Krishna's also devote the food to Lord Krishna, that is the highest boss of this Universe. This food is called Prasaad. This food is spiritual food and very powerfull. But we don t mean, the power that comes from the muscles. I was addicted to hasj about 13 years, the change of food also made it much easier to control the use or the need to smoke hasj. I stopped smoking it over 2 years. (This summer I am 3 years vegetarian.)

When I stopped eating meat, I soon noticed my mood turned more happy. We Krishna's also effect violence to plant life. This violence can be compensated by chanting the Maha mantra, that I previous mentioned. But the violence to animals can not be compensated. Animals are lower developed souls. They always develop upwardly. Their soul is much more developed than a plant and therefor their suffering is also tremendous.

Because human and animal are not friends in this world, mankind also fights with himself. He uses another soul as an article, but it is not uncommon in history that he uses his own kind too. That is because the human of today has no True Knowledge. Everybody in this age is low. This is the Iron age of Ignorance, the Kaliyuga age. When this age is finished this planet will be one big desert.

For those who got interested in bhakti yoga, I suggest to search for Krishna, and bhakti yoga on the search engine. The Veda science world is very elaborate. I also dont understand everything, but everyday I make myself a better human little by little.

One of the things I find revolting about hunting animals is because they are usually defensless. That means it is a job for cowards. These people might feel exstacy and in a passionate state for their action.

But that is exactly what we Krishna's try to avoid. Extream emotion, the passionate emotions may not be a motive for our actions. The whole trick behind bhakti yoga is that human controls his life and not the emotions, lust, anger, fear etc.
    That is why egg eating is not recommended because eggs are too highly saturated with passion.

Dobre, enough from this Krishna devotee,

Mandy

Старший оракул
    Ok, so vegetarianism, I can understand. Veganism, I have a hard time with. Cows make milk. Chickens make eggs (even when they aren't fertilized) Why is invibing both of these wrong? If technology hadn't evolved to the point where we can recreate mother's milk, a vegan baby would die.
    -Fantom
    "Alright, brain, I don't like you and you don't like me, so let's just figure this out and I'll get back to killing you with beer."

Почтенный гражданин
    Because the conditions, under which the cow makes the milk/the hen lays the eggs, are very bad. If you want to read more about it here are som interesting facts: http://www.milksucks.com/index2.html
    blame Canada

DDT
    Well then just get your own cows and a few chickens and everything is solved.

Krishna's know nothing of nature. Hunting is very spiritual, just ask any American Indian.

Почтенный гражданин
    First, why is a vegetarian searching for "meat substitutes". Don't you know how to cook? With the variety of food available, you don't need to eat any meat for a balanced diet. Second, I don't live in a cave, my comments about the lack of fruit and vegatables in Russia was sarcasim to the "Vegans". Third, , I am a hunter (and proud of it) and there is no better meat product than from wild game! I'll take venison before beef, pork or poultry anyday. Lastly, who cares???
    Не балуй!

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by VendingMachine
    There are two things you don't want to be in Russia: gay and vegetarian. If you are, keep quiet about it.
    I hear you at gay...but VM, 2.5 steaks for you and a half a steak for me is NOT BAD.

Edit: In the town I live in it seems one mostly keeps their mouth shut if their strait. It's a bit backwards here.
    It is Winter and Very Cold.

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by DDT
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Anna
    f great-grandmothers free roaming long horn steer .
    A guy would have build a pretty big loop in order to get his rope aroung those horns!
    I guess that's where the bullets come in.
    It is Winter and Very Cold.

Подающий надежды оратор

Re: Vegetarism in Russia?

Quote Originally Posted by Mandy_v_Galandka
    I am a vegetarian. I eat meat-replacement products
    Have you ever tried meat-replacement TUBE STEAK?

Подающий надежды оратор
    No tovarish, we don't have that here. Holland is not a real steak country. I have never seen it here.

Mandy

Who wants to build a Tahoe factory with me?? Where shall we put it?

Увлечённый спикер
    Quote Originally Posted by fantom605
    Ok, so vegetarianism, I can understand. Veganism, I have a hard time with. Cows make milk. Chickens make eggs (even when they aren't fertilized) Why is invibing both of these wrong? If technology hadn't evolved to the point where we can recreate mother's milk, a vegan baby would die.
    -Fantom
    invibing = imbibing

Старший оракул
    Quote Originally Posted by nightfaerie
    Quote Originally Posted by fantom605
    -Fantom
    invibing = imbibing
    F... Has everyone I have ever heard pronounce this word been saying it wrong my whole life?? I'll file this under the "You learn something new every day" category.
    -Fantom
    "Alright, brain, I don't like you and you don't like me, so let's just figure this out and I'll get back to killing you with beer."

DDT
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandy_v_Galandka
    No tovarish, we don't have that here. Holland is not a real steak country. I have never seen it here.

Mandy

Who wants to build a Tahoe factory with me?? Where shall we put it?
    I know what a "taco" is but I don't know what a "Tahoe" is. Aparrantly Mandy does not know what a "Tube steak" is, though!
    Shokoladni is a very bad man!!!!!!

Подающий надежды оратор
    I'm not bad TUBE STEAK is a very healthy part of some womens daily diets. And if Mandy does know what a TUBE STEAK is then I definately need to move to Holland!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast