Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Uzbek

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by VendingMachine
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff
    If Uzbekistan wants to reemerge from the Third World someday, it will revert to Russian as its language of commerce and technology. The best alternative to that would be English, then French, then Chinese, then, I guess, Anatolian Turkish.

Is Uzbek still using two alphabets ? What a joke.
    The best alternative for them, you sick nationalist, is not to consult with you and keep their own native language.

lol, no. they should just keep russian.
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

FL
    Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by scotcher
    They're not going 'back' to anything, they are speaking the language they always spoke anyway in addition to Russian. The only difference is that now their own language is the official one. There's nothing to stop them learning a second language, such as Russian, for practical purposes, but it's a choice now rather than a duty.
    In all republics of the USSR own language was official. There were schools where teaching of the all subjects was in Russian and schools where teaching of the all subjects was in national language.
    In schools where teaching was in Russian national language was learned as special subject. All documents, all signboards were dubbed in two language. Mass media (television, radio, newspapers) was in Russian and in national.

Now governments want to keep documents circulation in national language only. They consider that as tool to reach national renascence because of this is the best way (and may be only one way) to compel people to learn national language. Sometimes it stands across common sense at all.
    I heard someone said:
    "I cannot figure out how we will hold sitting of the court when it will be only in national language. No one of us can speak the language perfectly. And there are not special legal terminology in the language". And the same with scientific terminology, technical terminology.
    May be this terminology was contrived by special language committee. But really it still do not become common.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12