Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The uber-official "Introduce Yourself" Post

JB
    Старший оракул
    Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by scotcher
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerty
    Akademgorodok
    Best place-name evah.
    And the best place around Novosibirsk as well. Bydaway, I've become a university graduate there.
    «И всё, что сейчас происходит внутре — тоже является частью вселенной».

ST
    I agree
    The bear looked at the car, and reflections of fire danced in his eyes. He knew what to do.

FL
    Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerty
    Now I’m a writer, and here are my books (all three of them): http://www.ozon.ru/context/detail/id/1687858/. If you click on little pictures, you’ll see big cheesy covers.
    "
    В сибирских болотах затерялось поселение, которого нет на карте, - Гнилая Елань. Здесь люди живут по своим законам, говорят на особом диалекте, здесь сохранился ритуальный каннибализм. И в это место направляется экспедиция молодых ученых, из ...
    "

Елань - прямо как в "Сибириаде", где Михалков сгорает и с трактором в месторождение нефти проваливается.

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by FL
    Елань - прямо как в "Сибириаде", где Михалков сгорает и с трактором в месторождение нефти проваливается.
    Угу, "елань" - типично сибирское словечко, распространенный топоним. У меня есть знакомые по фамилии "Елановы"
    Find your inner Bart!

You guys know too much about me anyways!
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

Властелин
    And we're watching you (ominous laughter).
    I've got a TV, and I'm not afraid to use it

Подающий надежды оратор
    I think I'll start telling people I'm from Akademgorodok. At least for the next six weeks.

Anyhow, I don't read, or post, here nearly as often as I should. I'm 25, native Floridian, and extremely ready to move to Russia. I've spent the last seven years jumping from job to job, trying to motivate myself to go to community college (it's like high school, and there's very few interesting classes), and selling all my worldly possessions on eBay.

That is me in my avatar (it's my best Lenin pose to date). I'm moving to Moscow in August and intend to show up the first day my visa is valid. I'll be attending MGU to learn Russian and I fully intend to return after my first year there, hopefully getting accepted and finishing a degree at MGU. I'm intending to major in journalism, but international relations is looking awfully interesting as well. I hope to be able to do enough 'small business' to stretch my budget out to at least three years in Moscow before I have to start asking for loans to stay afloat. After graduation, I have no clue what I'll be doing, but I hope to stay in Russia/CIS/NIS.

I don't intend to swap American citizenship for Russian (not at this point, anyway), but I intend to look into citizenship with Czech Republic, one of the Baltic states, or even perhaps Ukraine (I'd like to get EU citizenship, though).

I trundle along learning Russian, I take one hour-long private lesson per week from a St. Petersburg native. Other than that, I guess all I can say is that I can't wait to get to Russia! Six more weeks!
    "I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick."
    Skype - el_casey

JB
    Старший оракул
    Do you know what dorm you'll be in? I was in the international student's dorm at Prospekt Vernadskovo station. It was an interesting experience .

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by kalinka_vinnie
    You guys know too much about me anyways!
    Yeah, we know, you are a tree...
    Find your inner Bart!

Почтенный гражданин russkayalove's Avatar
    Ok I am going to make this as short and cheezy as possible.
    I am 21
    live in a beautiful city in North Carolina. Sorry, don't do small towns.
    plan on moving to a bigger city when I graduate, hopefully in Europe.
    Working on a degree in Communications, and am interested in allot of different carreers when I graduate, by right now...journalism hits highest on my list.
    Came to this websight a few years ago when I became interested in learning Russian because I was in love with a Russian guy so much that I wanted to learn his language. We broke up in March after about 5 years.
    Well now I am single and still learning Russian....because I have it in me now to learn it and am doing it for myself, not anybody else. Once you start somthing you must finish! I will finally take my first russian class this fall, and might make a minor of it along with my degree. What I will use the language for, hmmm, good question. Most likely it will be used to connect with others in the world whom I would never have any connection to if I did not know their language, what a concept!
    When I graduate within 2 years or so I will probably look for jobs over seas where I can somhow use my degree and language skills. For now, I go to school and do peoples nails in a spa for a living.

Старший оракул
    i was in the main building on the chinese floor (im not chinese). really pi*sed me of that i had to bribe my girlfriend in coz she wasnt a studant- but, sometimes you got lucky and the door guy would be sleepin like a baby on the desk (i took a picture )
    Не откладывай на завтра того, с кем можешь переспать сегодня
    --------
    http://england-moscow.com/

I'll make this short but hopefully not cheesy. The name's Will. I'm a 30-ish year old guy who has lived in Arizona for over 12 years, and my interest in Russia and the language was rekindled unexpectedly last summer. Back in High School I was really interested in learning Russian and more about the country in-depth. But during those days it seemed like it was a place shrouded in mystery, and most of the people I knew never understood why I was interested in learning Russian. Once my high school discussed of taking a group trip to the Soviet Union . . . but it costed $3500 and I was the only one who signed up. So, the plan fell through the floor. There also wasn't a great deal of resources about the language back then either, especially compared to what's available today - so eventually I became discouraged and moved onward to other pursuits. Now many years later, I ended up discovering this site while researching information about the Russian language. I planning to travel there possibly in September.
    If only you could see . . . what I have seen, with your eyes.

JB
    Старший оракул
    Lt.Columbo, can you post the picture? It will bring back fun memories!

Старший оракул
    ok. ill put the pic up soon.
    --------

Старший оракул
    Quote Originally Posted by JB
    Do you know what dorm you'll be in? I was in the international student's dorm at Prospekt Vernadskovo station. It was an interesting experience .
    Wow! I used to know all major local freaks there, but it was in the 1st half of 1990-s. After that the number of local (Russian and CIS) residents has been greately reduced, and the number of Koreans and Chinese has been greatly increased.
    I myself graduated MGU (Philological Faculty).

Завсегдатай
    Came to this websight
    It's a funny word. I wonder how it could be translated into Russian :)

Старший оракул
    i propose интерместо
    --------

JB
    Старший оракул
    I was there only for the summer in 2003. It was all Korean and Chinese. My roommate and I were the only blonds on our floor . In the evening we had to lay claim to a stove in the kitchen before the neighbors took them all over and started cooking some really foul, smelly meat. Whenever a stray dog was hanging around our dorm entrance we would warn him that this was the WRONG dorm to be around .

Старший оракул
    god, i know what you mean! its like, what are the chinese cooking today
    i used to embarass the women becuase i would constantly stroll around in my dressing gown
    --------

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast