Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Thread: Typical Russian Men?

  1. #1
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    On the ice
    Posts
    451
    Rep Power
    10

    Typical Russian Men?

    Here's what the Quad Tsar had to say:

    А кто хозяин в доме?

    Е.П.: Естественно мужчина.

    То есть если что, то и кулаком по столу…

    Е.П.: Я думаю, что в любой семье правильно, чтобы мужчина был хозяином, поэтому за мужчиной последнее слово. И деньги зарабатывает мужчина

    Here's a translation someone on the skationg boards did:
    And who is in charge at home?

    Е.П.: Naturally man.

    That if that, by a fist on a table.

    Е.П.: I think that in any family is normal, that a man is in charge, therefore
    the man has the last word. And the man earns the money.


    So...is this a common attitude in Russia or is he just REALLY old fashioned?



  2. #2
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    1,607
    Rep Power
    12
    He's a gamma-male trying to act as a beta-male. Alas, he fails miserably. A Russian alfa-male does not need to "bang his fists on the table", his women naturally accept that he's in charge and act accordingly.

    P.S. For an example of a Russian alfa-male in his prime, take a look at me
    Show yourself - destroy our fears - release your mask

  3. #3
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Нижний Новгород
    Posts
    472
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by VendingMachine
    He's a gamma-male trying to act as a beta-male. Alas, he fails miserably. A Russian alfa-male does not need to "bang his fists on the table", his women naturally accept that he's in charge and act accordingly.

    P.S. For an example of a Russian alfa-male in his prime, take a look at me
    AFAIK gamma is a wise guy who #$@*s all the females while alfa and beta are busy struggling for supremacy.

  4. #4
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    1,607
    Rep Power
    12
    AFAIK gamma is a wise guy who #$@*s all the females while alfa and beta are busy struggling for supremacy.
    You've been misinformed.
    Show yourself - destroy our fears - release your mask

  5. #5
    DDT
    DDT is offline
    Завсегдатай DDT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm back now! ....nope Im gone again!
    Posts
    3,364
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by VendingMachine
    He's a gamma-male trying to act as a beta-male. Alas, he fails miserably. A Russian alfa-male does not need to "bang his fists on the table", his women naturally accept that he's in charge and act accordingly.

    P.S. For an example of a Russian alfa-male in his prime, take a look at me
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

  6. #6
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    On the ice
    Posts
    451
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by VendingMachine
    his women naturally accept that he's in charge and act accordingly.
    So you agree. The man should be in charge.

  7. #7
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    las vegas
    Posts
    1,687
    Rep Power
    11
    Genesis 3 chapter 16 King James Version of the Bible

    Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
    Какая разница, умереть богатым или бедным?

    Какой толк от богатства если ты не счастлив.

  8. #8
    Подающий надежды оратор
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Afghanistan
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    10
    There may be a bit of misinformation here. I know a few russian families, and the women there are strong and always get the last word in the house. (Without fists)
    Cheers,
    Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

  9. #9
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Северо-Восточный Администритивный Округ.
    Posts
    3,471
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by cdnexpat
    There may be a bit of misinformation here. I know a few russian families, and the women there are strong and always get the last word in the house. (Without fists)
    Cheers,
    Sounds like just about every marriage (that doesnt end up with the guy abusing the woman pysichally).

    Usually men have to ask permission to do just about anything and the women always get what they want. If the guy doesnt agree, no sex for up to indefinate amounts of time.
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

  10. #10
    DDT
    DDT is offline
    Завсегдатай DDT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm back now! ....nope Im gone again!
    Posts
    3,364
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogboy182
    Quote Originally Posted by cdnexpat
    There may be a bit of misinformation here. I know a few russian families, and the women there are strong and always get the last word in the house. (Without fists)
    Cheers,
    Sounds like just about every marriage (that doesnt end up with the guy abusing the woman pysichally).

    Usually men have to ask permission to do just about anything and the women always get what they want. If the guy doesnt agree, no sex for up to indefinate amounts of time.
    That is if the woman figures out that the guy wants sex all the time. You can't pester a woman for sex and expect to be in control for long. Play it right and she will come to the you. Before you can be in control you've got to have self control.
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

  11. #11
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    1,607
    Rep Power
    12
    No sex? Dogboy, get to know your neighbours, doesn't have to be just her indoors all the time
    Show yourself - destroy our fears - release your mask

  12. #12
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Нижний Новгород
    Posts
    472
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by VendingMachine
    AFAIK gamma is a wise guy who #$@*s all the females while alfa and beta are busy struggling for supremacy.
    You've been misinformed.
    ... and they never admit this fact because it would hurt their swollen and inflamed pride.

  13. #13
    Властелин
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Residing in an unknown place
    Posts
    1,400
    Rep Power
    11
    I completely agree with those who say that there aren't many men in Russia who share the same attitude to women. I don't think he's old-fashioned. He just thinks that this kind of attitude is common and accepbtible by other people. Everyone has their own opinion, don't they?

    As for me, I don't share Pluchenko's attitude to women and would never say that my wife can't earn more than me! That's stupid, imo.

    Honestly, I'd never form an opinion about someone or something by reading someone's interview. I guess there are lots of Americans who treat their wives as if they are beasts.
    "A classic is something that everybody wants to have read and nobody wants to read"
    Mark Twain
    American author/essayist (1835-1910)
    WHSmith

  14. #14
    DDT
    DDT is offline
    Завсегдатай DDT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm back now! ....nope Im gone again!
    Posts
    3,364
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by ReDSanchous
    I guess there are lots of Americans who treat their wives as if they are beasts.
    That must be a typo. I am sure you meant "breasts" .
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

  15. #15
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    On the ice
    Posts
    451
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by ReDSanchous

    Honestly, I'd never form an opinion about someone or something by reading someone's interview.
    I don't have an opinion about him other than thinking he is the best skater of all time ever.

    I was just curious what other men think.

  16. #16
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    St. Louis, USA
    Posts
    353
    Rep Power
    10
    Everybody talks about control. Why does somebody have to have more control in a family unit than somebody else? Isn't the entire idea based on love, and the fact that you are supposed to share things with each other? Who cares if somebody cooks, or somebody makes more money than the other person, or somebody takes care of the kids while the other person goes out and works. The point is people are supposed to be happy together - equally. Period.

  17. #17
    DDT
    DDT is offline
    Завсегдатай DDT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm back now! ....nope Im gone again!
    Posts
    3,364
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by tdk2fe
    Everybody talks about control. Why does somebody have to have more control in a family unit than somebody else? Isn't the entire idea based on love, and the fact that you are supposed to share things with each other? Who cares if somebody cooks, or somebody makes more money than the other person, or somebody takes care of the kids while the other person goes out and works. The point is people are supposed to be happy together - equally. Period.
    Get a grip on yourself man!
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

  18. #18
    Administrator MasterAdmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    MasterRussian.com
    Posts
    1,731
    Rep Power
    13
    Talking about men being in charge? Guess what! It's women who are pretty much in control of a relationship. It's not hard to guess how.
    ~ Мастерадминов Мастерадмин Мастерадминович ~

  19. #19
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Северо-Восточный Администритивный Округ.
    Posts
    3,471
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterAdmin
    Talking about men being in charge? Guess what! It's women who are pretty much in control of a relationship. It's not hard to guess how.
    Lol and thats what im talking about brother!
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

  20. #20
    DDT
    DDT is offline
    Завсегдатай DDT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm back now! ....nope Im gone again!
    Posts
    3,364
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterAdmin
    Talking about men being in charge? Guess what! It's women who are pretty much in control of a relationship. It's not hard to guess how.
    Generally true. But not if you never let them know how much you want it.
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Typical Ukrainian-influenced mistakes?
    By Uvula in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: June 8th, 2008, 09:38 AM
  2. What's a typical school term / school day ?
    By solaris in forum Culture and History
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: September 2nd, 2004, 12:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Russian Lessons                           

Russian Tests and Quizzes            

Russian Vocabulary