Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SPSU for 10 months!

Подающий надежды оратор
    Quote Originally Posted by Kareina47
    Russian Language Program, not Pre-University Program. I'm basically in the dark about everything until I get there. I don't even know my dorm room or anything, but that's usual . I'm hoping everything goes smoothly, especially all the money aspects.
    Hi Kareina,
    I am on an exchange and so I did not have to pay for anything. Yes you must get another AIDS test if staying in Russia for more than 3 months. It cost me here at SPB 225 roubles. I then had to pay 400 roubles for registration and 200 roubles to convert it to a multi-entry visa. This takes a little over 3 weeks.
    Here at SPB you are completely on your own. They wrote down an address and said this is where you live. I have only 2 years of Russian, so you can just imagine my frustration when I made my way out to the dorm, only to find I needed additional documentation. ASK over and over, especially if the person you are getting help from does not speak much English.
    DON'T CARRY MONEY INTO RUSSIA (or any monetary instruments)! If it is over 3,000 USD, you will need to go through customs and it is a big hassle. Withdraw it at a bank if need be.
    Please put your entire visa process here for other students. I am sure you have searched the net about how this process works.
    Also, this new multi-entry visa is not pasted into your passport, but rather a series of papers you just carry. I was told I would not have to fill out migration cards or register anywhere else, even while on vacation (please don't take my word for this yet. I must ask 10 or 15 people in the office till I get a collection of the same answers (be prepared for this!)).
    I got my passport back today, and it does not have my migration card. I do not get that back till I get my multi-visa. On Sep 22 or 28, who knows which is the correct date.
    I think you will be amazed out how just being here your language skills sky rocket.

Подающий надежды оратор
    Exodus, no. I directly enrolled through the Center of International Education. This is a college course, you can't make up your own dates, and I do have some college classes in Business and Culture on opposite days.

Jamie25, oh, goody, more holes... .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12