Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Requesting a truce

Завсегдатай
    Serving Polonium-flavoured Sake at a London Japanese Restaurant
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagest
    Я думал всего здесь были друзья?

Why not all go to the Russian sauna and hit each other with twigs?

Just keep your birch branch away from me, and we'll be all good.
    Заранее благодарю всех за исправление ошибок в моём русском.

Почтенный гражданин
    I think the best way for you to come to a 'truce' (not that there is a battle royale going on or anything) is to start talking about stuff that relates to this site. If you want to ask about a translation for your alter-ego to say to your b/f or whatever - fine, people will help you with that in the "Translate This" section.

But honestly, coming to a forum and randomly posting intimite details about your love life is rather inappropriate. Would you randomly go to a Russian Club meeting, knowing nobody, and start talking about your troubled love life? No, because it's weird. So why would you expect people on an internet forum to react any differently?

Also, I wouldn't sweat the replies to your posts. I mean, do you really care what a bunch of people who hang out in a russian forum during their free time think about you?

tdk[/i]

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by tdk2fe
    I think the best way for you to come to a 'truce' (not that there is a battle royale going on or anything) is to start talking about stuff that relates to this site. If you want to ask about a translation for your alter-ego to say to your b/f or whatever - fine, people will help you with that in the "Translate This" section.
    Agree. Spot on!

But honestly, coming to a forum and randomly posting intimite details about your love life is rather inappropriate. Would you randomly go to a Russian Club meeting, knowing nobody, and start talking about your troubled love life? No, because it's weird. So why would you expect people on an internet forum to react any differently?
    Agree. Spot on!

Also, I wouldn't sweat the replies to your posts. I mean, do you really care what a bunch of people who hang out in a russian forum during their free time think about you?
    tdk[/i]
    Agree. Spo --- HEY!!! I spend far too much time here -- but it's not for fun! I needs to works on my Russians or else mys thesises researchz will be umpossible. Strategery!

Властелин
    blackmage 7, jimita 0.
    Corrupting young minds since May 6, 2004.

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackMage
    blackmage 7, jimita 0.
    We're not keeping score, are we?

Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by barmaley
    What DID you REALLY do to her?
    She got all bent out of shape over something inconsequential tdk said, so I basically called her a pretentious biтch and told her to get bent.

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackMage
    Quote Originally Posted by barmaley
    What DID you REALLY do to her?
    She got all bent out of shape over something inconsequential tdk said, so I basically called her a pretentious biтch and told her to get bent.
    I know that. The quote was a play on the gyno remark of yours. It made much more sense on the other thread -- the poll - before it got deletiated!

Властелин
    DAMN the man!

Почтенный гражданин
    Was it something I said? She agreed with me at first.

tdk

Ty
    Почётный участник
    Quote Originally Posted by DDT
    I have been away for awhile so I don't know what is going on but I agree with Dobry. ...........You should have seen the thrashings I took when I first came to MR.
    You should have seen the things Dogboy used to say to me. I almost quit visiting this place because of him. (That was a long time ago when I had that other name here)

And then one day I was talking to him on MSN and he didn't even remember saying those things to me.

Oh well.
    I have been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened. -Mark Twain

Старший оракул
    well its a good thing VM didn't get going - he would have cut Jimita to shreds in a matter of seconds
    Не откладывай на завтра того, с кем можешь переспать сегодня
    --------
    http://england-moscow.com/

Властелин
    Come on, guys! It's time to stop ripping one another to shreds! Is there really any need to give this matter so much attention? As far as my opinion is concerned, I support BlackMage because, as I said in the post "Who hates BlackMage", he's done nothing bad to me. Even if anyone insulted me, I'd prefer to ignore them and let the admin settle the case, for example, by banning the person who insulted me.
    I seem not to have noticed the posts made by jimita in which she tells us about her love troubles or whatever. As far as I understand, there's no way I can take a gander at those threads, right? Therefore, it's hard for me to determine how guilty jimita or BlackMage is or to justify their actions. Some have already said that everyone will be happy to help you, jimita and if you really want to learn Russian or ask any questions about Russia and its residents, you are welcome. We will all try to give you extensive answers to such questions. But if you really posted threads which had nothing to do with Russian, then no one will welcome you on this board. I hope BlackMage and you will reach an understanding and there will be no such threads anymore.

P.S. Lt. Columbo, your signature's awesome!
    "A classic is something that everybody wants to have read and nobody wants to read"
    Mark Twain
    American author/essayist (1835-1910)
    WHSmith

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty
    Quote Originally Posted by DDT
    I have been away for awhile so I don't know what is going on but I agree with Dobry. ...........You should have seen the thrashings I took when I first came to MR.
    You should have seen the things Dogboy used to say to me. I almost quit visiting this place because of him. (That was a long time ago when I had that other name here)

And then one day I was talking to him on MSN and he didn't even remember saying those things to me.

Oh well.
    Oh yeah...good ol Doggy was going to come over to my house at one point .....!!!!! That was pretty funny, now looking back.
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia
    Quote Originally Posted by ReDSanchous
    DDT, did you knowingly misspell the name of the country you live in?
    Yes I did. I am making fun of the pronounciation because sometimes Aussies can be such Aaaasses.
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Увлечённый спикер

Re: Requesting a truce

Quote Originally Posted by RussianHoney18

here are non.....we are all nice people, don't worry.......,,,
    ...never knew that librarians could be so aggressive though :P...
    Well, that's the problem with stereotypes. I listen to *gasp* heavy metal too.

BTW, thanks.
    "It's better to die on your feet than live on your knees."

Ernesto "Che" Guevara

Увлечённый спикер

Well there wasnt anything all that intimate but I will concede that it would be better had I not mentioned it at all.

tdk[/i]
    I think this part of your post is probably better directed toward the person who cared so much that he in fact posted a poll asking who hated him. Seems rather childish to me, but nyo well. For the record, I don't. You have to care in order to hate.
    "It's better to die on your feet than live on your knees."

Ernesto "Che" Guevara

Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by jimita
    You have to care in order to hate.
    If you don't care, why don't you LEAVE AND NEVER COME BACK!

Почтенный гражданин

jimita

Could someone direct me to the initial posts of Jimita that aroused this consternation. I may be able to help...

Thanks,
    DO IT YOURSELF!

They were deleted. What kind of help could you possibly provide?
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by kalinka_vinnie
    They were deleted. What kind of help could you possibly provide?
    hey, vinnie...

how the heck did you animate the characters in your signature...I

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast