Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Putin speaks English

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyphyr
    Hmmm, I would say that's terrible advice to be giving, but when you're facing a majority like that, it does seem kinda hopeless alright.
    It is not that bad of advice really since in US system the states actually vote for the President. There is not much point in voting if your state's population obviously is another party to you.
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Подающий надежды оратор
    Quote Originally Posted by Biancca
    Quote Originally Posted by rgkatyaisashaukr
    hey.. at least they try. Most Americans speak only English.
    Not in Utah. Everyone's a return missionary so they all speak something else.
    The state of Utah is not the whole United States. Most Americans are not mormons. Most Americans don't even live in Utah, either. If we did, that would be a scary thought because there's no possible way for a country to really be economically sound in a state like Utah.

Почтенный гражданин
    hey.. at least they try. Most Americans speak only English.
    Not in Utah. Everyone's a return missionary so they all speak something else.
    The state of Utah is not the whole United States. Most Americans are not mormons. Most Americans don't even live in Utah, either. If we did, that would be a scary thought because there's no possible way for a country to really be economically sound in a state like Utah.
    I'm from CA, and I am blatantly aware on a daily basis of how differnt Utah is from other parts of the country. I am also mormon and people never hesitate to make clear to me that they do not share my beliefs. So you don't need to point out the obvious to me. You were generalizing about Americans so I just pointed out an exception.

Add to the mormons all the hispanics many of which are bilingual, and asians and lots of other ethnic groups. I think there are plenty of Americans that are bilingual. The white population is maybe not as well versed in languages as you might find in Europe, but I was just pointing out that in Utah they are. Thanks for the deep thoughts on Utah and economics.

I am also mormon
    Do you speak another language (aside from learning Russian) like Kalinka's mormon friends? I live in AZ, which has the second highest mormon population. I worked and lived around many of them - but never inquired if they learned any other languages after mission work.
    If only you could see . . . what I have seen, with your eyes.

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Moongazer
    I am also mormon
    Do you speak another language (aside from learning Russian) like Kalinka's mormon friends? I live in AZ, which has the second highest mormon population. I worked and lived around many of them - but never inquired if they learned any other languages after mission work.
    Well I have never been on a mission, but I study German, French, Russian, and American Sign Language. Of those I am the best at German.

It has nothing to do with my mormonness, just interest.

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia
    I live in AZ, which has the second highest mormon population. I worked and lived around many of them -
    I worked for Mormons. They owned the 2.5 million acre Ranch I recently worked on in Tuscarora. I always thought it strange that, the owners being religious, made us work 7 days a week! Actually, they let us off only on Sunday afternoons after already working for 6 hours. And when it is 65 miles to the nearest town you can imagine how pointless it all was.
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by DDT
    I live in AZ, which has the second highest mormon population. I worked and lived around many of them -
    I worked for Mormons. They owned the 2.5 million acre Ranch I recently worked on in Tuscarora. I always thought it strange that, the owners being religious, made us work 7 days a week! Actually, they let us off only on Sunday afternoons after already working for 6 hours. And when it is 65 miles to the nearest town you can imagine how pointless it all was.
    you are not of the same religion, so not as much human as they are. That reminds me something... let me think... ah! "them muslims".
    DO NOT READ MY SIGNATURE!

Почтенный гражданин
    I am also mormon and people never hesitate to make clear to me that they do not share my beliefs.
    You had several boyfriends, didn't you? (You've mentioned couple of them here.) I doesn't sound mormon to me...

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Vesh
    I am also mormon and people never hesitate to make clear to me that they do not share my beliefs.
    You had several boyfriends, didn't you? (You've mentioned couple of them here.) I doesn't sound mormon to me...
    hahaha Mormons can have boyfriends. But I admit to not following the religion perfectly all the time. I'm like a "liberal mormon" or whatever.

DDT mormons are not supposed to work on sunday at all unless its necessary like a doctor or whatever. Those people were just slave drivers, nothing more.

Почтенный гражданин
    hahaha Mormons can have boyfriends. But I admit to not following the religion perfectly all the times. I'm like a "liberal mormon" or whatever.
    Rephrasing a well-known Russian joke:
    -- "Liberal mormons" are like Guinea pigs...
    -- Why?
    -- Guinea pigs have nothing to do neither with Guinea no with pigs.
    NOM

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Vesh
    hahaha Mormons can have boyfriends. But I admit to not following the religion perfectly all the times. I'm like a "liberal mormon" or whatever.
    Rephrasing a well-known Russian joke:
    -- "Liberal mormons" are like Guinea pigs...
    -- Why?
    -- Guinea pigs have nothing to do neither with Guinea no with pigs.
    NOM

Почтенный гражданин
    This reminds me of a story my grandfather told me when mormons were visiting...he for a change politely invited them inside and sat down and listened quietly to their monolouge and when the mormon had finished he said: "I would have joined your religion if only you'd still have bigami!
    Листьев не обожгло, Веток не обломало
    День промыт как стекло, только этого мало

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12