Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New member!

Завсегдатай
    When do Russians learn the latin alphabet, at what age? Probably when they're young so they get used to it.

People who don't know Russian generally have absolutely no clue about syrillic, and there is no use knowing it either.

Завсегдатай
    Russian kids learn the alphabet while being five-six years old (or earlier) - right before the school age.
    Я так думаю.

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Leof
    Russian kids learn the alphabet while being five-six years old (or earlier) - right before the school age.
    latin alphabet at 5-6????!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alware
    If it is the latin one Leof meant, it's not really surprising if they do. Kids at that age can retain a lot more than adults, that's why it's better to start learning a language as early as possible.

Though being brought up in Britain and only ever having to know English, I wouldn't know the requirements of learning other languages at school in different countries.
    Please correct any Russian language mistakes I make.

Завсегдатай
    Ah...I missed the word latin. Well...Then they start to learn it right when their parents decide to start their educational torments - right at teir four-five years. Usually kids start the learning of the latin alphabet at school.
    Я так думаю.

Quote Originally Posted by Alware
    I've learnt how to read russian at 3 and latin alphabet at 5. What's surprises you so?
    I know many children who learn how to read both Russian and English simultaneously.
    Send me a PM if you need me.

Властелин
    I familiarized myself with the Latin alphabet when I was in fifth class. We started doing German at the time. I was about 10 at the time. I wasn't a kid then. Anyway, I can't remember having any difficulties pronouncing or learning the Latin alphabet.

People who don't know Russian generally have absolutely no clue about syrillic, and there is no use knowing it either.
    Yeah, I know. It's odd too because people who don't know Japanese or Chinese and don't even want to learn it know about the existence of characters in these languages.
    I know many children who learn how to read both Russian and English simultaneously.
    I know hardly any kids who do so, frankly. That doesn't mean that you're wrong (or that I'm right, for that matter). It's just that I think it's not very common.
    I can't recall when I started to learn the Russian alphabet. I'd better ask my parents rather than give you the wrong infomation.
    "A classic is something that everybody wants to have read and nobody wants to read"
    Mark Twain
    American author/essayist (1835-1910)
    WHSmith

Почтенный гражданин
    welcome
    Главное что есть ты у меня...

Старший оракул
    Quote Originally Posted by basurero
    When do Russians learn the latin alphabet, at what age? Probably when they're young so they get used to it.

It isnt hard to learn the latin alphabet (only 26 letters). much harder to learn English

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123