Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Massacre at Virginia Tech

Завсегдатай
    The case is shocking and horrible of course. I think that the gun control is the only way to avoid such nightmares in future. Yes, the serious criminals always will find the way to get a gun, but the chance that a gun can appear in the hand of some crazy maniac is much less
    Yes!
    Я так думаю.

Властелин
    I saw a TV news report the other day telling about how many lives have been saved thanks to free gun possession. I don't recall the statitistics exactly but the figures seemed to be pleasantly shocking while I was watching that news report. The 32 students who passed away in the massacre at Virginia Tech is not the big price the USA could have paid for its "gun" law. Don't get me wrong though. I don't mean that it's absolutely ok with me that 32 get killed because guns are free to buy and carry in the States. What I want to say is that outlawing any guns won't bring much to the country which most likely will find it hard to adjust to life without any guns at all. A common Russian citizen is forbidden to carry any sort of gun. If you want to buy a hunter's rifle, you have to get a special license for this. There's no other legal way to buy or, at that, carry guns. However, here in Russsia we are witness to so many crimes involving illegal use of guns that the 32 victims in the States can hardly be seen as a major problem in Russia. The first thing that comes to my head when I start thinking about what would happen if every Russian were given the right to buy and carry guns for self-defense, is drivers shooting each other dead on the roads. Self-defense would very probably be last on the list. A lot depends on the country you live in. That's very good that there's no need for the Brititons to carry guns but what would it be like in America? How many would have died if the law in question had been abandoned some 10 years ago?
    "A classic is something that everybody wants to have read and nobody wants to read"
    Mark Twain
    American author/essayist (1835-1910)
    WHSmith

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia
    Why is it that some people just don't want to admit that fact that all it would take to prevent that killer from shooting so many people is one or two students sitting in the class with their own gun and the balls to use it?

And another thing.
    Even when the students knew that death was imminent, no one even tried to rush the guy when he changed magazines! They chose to be executed instead. Weak! What message does that tell the world and especially our enemies, about Americans?

It was said at the time of WWI and WWII that Americans made great soldiers and marksmen because of Americas' gun culture and that so many of our young men were hunters or familiar with weapons. Now, we have a generation of pussies who are afraid of anything with a trigger! Who walk the streets with their senses dulled from the sound blasting from an Ipod. Who cry because the guy sitting next to him in class might have a Concealed Weapon Permit. And, who obediently line up for execution.
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Не нужно обвинять жертв террора.
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)

Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by DDT
    Why is it that some people just don't want to admit that fact that all it would take to prevent that killer from shooting so many people is one or two students sitting in the class with their own gun and the balls to use it?

And another thing.
    Even when the students knew that death was imminent, no one even tried to rush the guy when he changed magazines! They chose to be executed instead. Weak! What message does that tell the world and especially our enemies, about Americans?

It was said at the time of WWI and WWII that Americans made great soldiers and marksmen because of Americas' gun culture and that so many of our young men were hunters or familiar with weapons. Now, we have a generation of pussies who are afraid of anything with a trigger! Who walk the streets with their senses dulled from the sound blasting from an Ipod. Who cry because the guy sitting next to him in class might have a Concealed Weapon Permit. And, who obediently line up for execution.
    I agree with Lampada completely that you shouldn't blame the victims of the bloodbath for not being strong and confident enough to stand up to the gunman. Frankly, I can't guaruntee you that I would not(putting it in your words) be as weak as all those killed were in a similar situation because I've never experienced anything like this in my whole life and the fact that I don't get nervous or don't panick in emergencies does not mean that I'd act the same at gunpoint. Though I surely have more chances to act responsibly.
    Anyway, you're right that there would have been much less victims if at least one of them had carried a gun. However hard it might be to take, people often find themselves at the mercy of their killers because of their weakness. But again, you've got to go through a situation like that at Virgian Tech first hand to claim that those students are responsible for their deaths.
    "A classic is something that everybody wants to have read and nobody wants to read"
    Mark Twain
    American author/essayist (1835-1910)
    WHSmith

Breaking news: as we speak, there is a situation unfolding at the Johnson Space Center in Texas where shots were fired, and a gunman barricaded himself in the building 44, creating standoff with police and security officers. It is not known if someone was shot, or if the gunman holds hostages.

Go figure...
    Well, I don't know what to say. I want to say thanks to the Academy, to Mama, to Papa and to my dog. I love you all.

Well... standoff at JSC in Texas is over: the gunman and one hostage are dead, the second hostage is alive.
    Well, I don't know what to say. I want to say thanks to the Academy, to Mama, to Papa and to my dog. I love you all.

Завсегдатай
    What is your obsession with posting crap that you know will get people fired up and then starting arguments about it? I love how your first line in this thread was "What do you think? Gun control?" And someone said Gun control and you jumped all over them.

You posted more crap about somebody grabbing a gun and shooting somebody hoping that people will be like SEE this is why Americans don't need more guns and you just want to argue with them why they need more guns.

You never talk about Russia (in a positive light) you bring up stupid discussions and you're just (Edited. L.). The south lost, get over it, and leave this forum. I hate you.
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

Quote Originally Posted by Dogboy182
    What is your obsession with posting cr@p that you know will get people fired up and then starting arguments about it? I love how your first line in this thread was "What do you think? Gun control?" And someone said Gun control and you jumped all over them.

You posted more cr@p about somebody grabbing a gun and shooting somebody hoping that people will be like SEE this is why Americans don't need more guns and you just want to argue with them why they need more guns.

You never talk about Russia (in a positive light) you bring up stupid discussions and you're just retarded. The south lost, get over it, and leave this forum. I hate you.
    Why don't you go play in traffic???? Your outrage does not make any sense at all. What have you been smoking???
    I wonder what are you doing in the US military? Does your commander know about your posts?

Завсегдатай
    What have you been smoking???
    Camel lights if you must know. And you're just pissed because i've figured you out. What am i doing in the military, helping planes drop bombs on haji's in iraq and afghanistan. What do you do that's so important? College boy, go ask your dad for more money for a new sweatervest.
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

Quote Originally Posted by Dogboy182
    What have you been smoking???
    Camel lights if you must know. And you're just pissed because i've figured you out. What am i doing in the military, helping planes drop bombs on haji's in iraq and afghanistan. What do you do that's so important? College boy, go ask your dad for more money for a new sweatervest.
    I thought you were smart. I was wrong

Завсегдатай
    Ease up, guys, ease up!
    «И всё, что сейчас происходит внутре — тоже является частью вселенной».

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234