Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I've no faith in the marrage practices of American women!!

Завсегдатай

Re: I've no faith in the marrage practices of American women!!

Quote Originally Posted by Johanna
    And what problem do you think Olya might be facing if she married an American?
    Oh no, no, no. We wouldn't have any problems. We'd simply kill each other.
    In Russian, all nationalities and their corresponding languages start with a lower-case letter.

Deleted.
    Please, correct my mistakes, except for the cases I misspell something on purpose!

Почётный участник

Quote Originally Posted by Ramil
    Не, а зачем? Можно жить и так, сожительствуя или ведя совместное хозяйство (а лучше - встречаться время от времени, но жить раздельно).
    Можно даже детей иметь, только опять же - бедные дети. Мужики пьют от этого, потому что выхода из этого "болота" не видят. Сам институт брака стал формальностью.
    Твой вопрос "зачем?" похож на вопросы о смысле жизни.

Вот, кстати меткое высказывание Фаины Раневской:
    Союз глупого мужчины и глупой женщины порождает мать-героиню. Союз глупой женщины и умного мужчины порождает мать-одиночку. Союз умной женщины и глупого мужчины порождает обычную семью. Союз умного мужчины и умной женщины порождает лёгкий флирт.

Хоть и не лестное по отношению ко мне, но в точку. )))
    Союз умного мужчины и умной женщины = легкий флирт
    Ну... Фаина Раневская - это тролль своего времени

Почётный участник

Оль, ты знаешь, я себя не буду чувствовать мужиком, если буду брать деньги у своей жены. Может это моя личная заморочка, но тогда, спрашивается, нахрена создавать семью, если ты не можешь её прокормить?
    Странные у тебя представления о мужестве, крутящиеся вокруг денег. Что значит брать деньги у жены? Я как-то вообще не понимаю, как могут быть такие понятия, как деньги жены/деньги мужа при совместной жизни?

Hanna

Quote Originally Posted by Оля
    Oh no, no, no. We wouldn't have any problems. We'd simply kill each other.
    Haha..... So there won't be a romantic wedding between "Dogboy" and you then??? Opposites attract, and all that.....

Hanna

Oh, one more comment about this: There is a woman on Youtube who is running a Russian course. I watched a few of her videos about 6 month ago. Then suddenly she announced on her Youtube channel that she was marrying one of her online "students", an American. As I understood it, they had never actually met; however he eventually travelled to the Ukraine where she lived. Shortly after that, they married. Next, she started posting videos of her honeymoon. She is continuing her lessons on Youtube, from the USA but not as frequently. I really hope she is happy... http://www.youtube.com/user/allatek#.../2/PaSAnqYPtLY

Quote Originally Posted by Waterlaz
    Оль, ты знаешь, я себя не буду чувствовать мужиком, если буду брать деньги у своей жены. Может это моя личная заморочка, но тогда, спрашивается, нахрена создавать семью, если ты не можешь её прокормить?
    Странные у тебя представления о мужестве, крутящиеся вокруг денег. Что значит брать деньги у жены? Я как-то вообще не понимаю, как могут быть такие понятия, как деньги жены/деньги мужа при совместной жизни?
    Начать с того, что моя жена не работает ))) Так что это так - абстрактно. Причём, не потому что я её дома запираю, а потому что ей самой надоело. А дело не в мужестве, а в уважении к самому себе. Я у женщин никогда даже в долг не брал.
    Send me a PM if you need me.

Quote Originally Posted by Basil77
    [s:1l3tt7q3]I wonder what the hell a Russian girl could forget in that God forsaken country of yours located at the back side* of the globe? I recommend you to come to Russia instead. We'v got plenty of bears, balalaikas and vodka here, you know, all that cool stuff. Believe me, it's much more fun to live here.

*May be you'll ask me a question: Why you call the half of the globe where USA is located the back side? I'll explain. First, take a standard school globe. Second, find Mediterranean sea on it. You may ask: "Why Mediterranean"? I'll tell you: it's the cradle of human civilization, the name of the sea speaks for itself. Ok, we are looking on Mediterranean (on the globe). See that big thing on the right side? It's Russia (cause Russia always on the right side). Well, we are looking up: It's Europe, we are looking down - it's Africa, we are looking left - it's Atlantics... And there is America? Hey, America, where are you? I can not see you! May be it's on the back side? We are going half-way around the globe and what we'v seen here? Voila! Exactly! Here it is! The lost America is here![/s:1l3tt7q3]
    Sorry for this post. I was dead drunk when I wrote it last evening. I should attach some alcohol check to my Internet connection.
    Please, correct my mistakes, except for the cases I misspell something on purpose!

Почётный участник

Начать с того, что моя жена не работает ))) Так что это так - абстрактно. Причём, не потому что я её дома запираю, а потому что ей самой надоело. А дело не в мужестве, а в уважении к самому себе. Я у женщин никогда даже в долг не брал.
    Ну так это совершенно разные вещи. Брать в долг тут как-бы и не при чем =)

Я у женщин никогда даже в долг не брал.
    Возможно, анархическое мировоззрение Рамиля берет начало в отрицании идеи супружеского долга.
    "Россия для русских" - это неправильно. Остальные-то чем лучше?

Quote Originally Posted by it-ogo
    Я у женщин никогда даже в долг не брал.
    Возможно, анархическое мировоззрение Рамиля берет начало в отрицании идеи супружеского долга.

Upon further review, I'll keep quiet.
    I'm easily amused late at night...

WOW ....... I am astonished. Someone sounds bitter .... and very narrow minded. Sigh ....

I am a woman and an American with both sides of my family deeply seeded from Europe. (remember America is supposedly this great melting pot)

No matter where you are on this planet we call earth, is everyone the same. Differences are good. Generalizations are bad. I really loathe generalizations about people. Small minded and closed.

NOT all American women (or women in any country) are as you described. AND I hate to say this, not all relationships survive or not survive, regardless of where you are in the world. People are people. Each culture has similarities and differences. It is if you choose to look beneath to each individual person. Humanness in all it's glory!

I believe ANY relationship (spousal or friendship, family or work, etc) takes WORK. Day in, day out. Relationships require some amount of commitment. No one ever meets expectations of another. Not even in the happiest of relationships.

There will be days you like each other, in love with each other, loathe each other, etc. Comes down to choice, work and commitment. Seeing beneath the suffice. Not the artificial overlay.

I also tend to believe materialism is a byproduct of media, again regardless of where you are at.

Sure there are general similarities we can place on different cultures. I suggest being careful when making such sweeping statements, because unexpectedly, a person will inevitably surprise you.

Problem these days .... no communication, quick judgment of others before getting to know them, expecting the impossible.

How about choosing to love everyone, meeting people where they are at and not taking it so personally, putting yourself on the line to be there for others without expecting something in return, not expecting some ideal of what you perceive they should or should not be.

ps. my opinion here .... I believe love is a choice NOT a feeling.

Good luck with finding a woman ...

Quote Originally Posted by xavierdossv
    I have come to the comclusion that I am going to marry a woman from Eastern Europe.
    Come on, get realistic. I personally know someone who had for the last five years "imported" three wives. All of them had divorced him right after they got their permanent residence status and/or found someone else [s:10ixqrsw]with more money[/s:10ixqrsw]. You'd better think about upgrading yourself or lower your expectations.

Мужики пьют от этого, потому что выхода из этого "болота" не видят.
    Угу. Пьянство - самый лучший способ обеспечить семью. :"":

I'm not talking about nice little chat, I'm talking about living together 24/7 and running a common economy. It's the 'household culture' the customs and all these little nuances that you don't notice untill you face them. There are bound to be numerous 'culture shocks' on this path. Even when a man and a woman have been living in the same location they still face these difficulties when they stop dating and start living together.
    Ok, that's a good point. So what, in your view, would be different then?

For example, if I married a Russian man, what differences do you think I might I be facing in light of the fact that I am not Russian?

I can't agree with Ramil here. I think the differences between people as persons are much wider than the culture differences. For example I know a huge number of people with almost the same background as mine but who seem like an aliens to me because of their views on life, interests and so on, and counterwise, I used to chat with people from the remote parts of the world and have surprisely founded that we have very much in common.

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile
    Мужики пьют от этого, потому что выхода из этого "болота" не видят.
    Угу. Пьянство - самый лучший способ обеспечить семью. :"":
    - Папа, папа, водка подорожала, ты, наверное, теперь будешь меньше пить?
    - Нет, сынок, теперь ты будешь меньше кушать.

Почтенный гражданин

There're basic principles of behaviour recorded in human beings' subconsciousnesses. These principles were formed thousands of years ago, they've probably gone irrational nowdays, but they rule a man or a woman's behavior towards the opposite sex. Regarding the women the basic principle is: 'produce offspring from the possibly socially highest males in your population'. This means a genetic advantage, as well as material resources for raising and social status. The modern society requires money as the measure of success therefore women use it.

Really, raising a kid requires good house, money and so on.

Eastern European women generally don't differ from the American ones, while the latter are prepared for details of living in the American society. While a Russian woman can make fresh dough, an American one can fulfill the job of finding the best mortgage. Take your pick, what's more important in your conditions.

Probably a Russian woman can stand more, but she demands much more devotion from her husband than an American one who are taught to rely on themselves. Think if your are ready to keep a close distance in personal relationships and you'll unlikely have a chance to maintain a 'personal space' or 'personal time'.
    Please correct my English

Quote Originally Posted by Ленивец
    This is not about raising a kid.

This is about raising a kid being comfortable.
    "Россия для русских" - это неправильно. Остальные-то чем лучше?

Почтенный гражданин

[quote=it-ogo]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Ленивец":2fsyyk04
    This is not about raising a kid.

This is about raising a kid being comfortable.[/quote:2fsyyk04]

I'm ok with this comfort issue. Good tools lead to a better job result.
    Please correct my English

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast