Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I am new here!! Help please!

Подающий надежды оратор
    Haksaw said...

желаю вам удачи и на благословит тебя Бог, Гари

Does that mean we wish you well with learning, God bless you or am I WAYYY off???

Jenny
    я скоро

Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSKYMOMMA
    Does that mean we wish you well with learning, God bless you or am I WAYYY off???
    Yes, you are right, though there's a mistake in Russian - there should be no "на" here.
    "Happy new year, happy new year
    May we all have a vision now and then
    Of a world where every neighbour is a friend"

Wow, this is interesting. One thing nobody suggested is to look around in your town (where are you anyway?) for a human being to help you. Those CDs are ok, but a real live person is a lot better.

You may already know this, but (assuming your gender is female- otherwise I think you'd be ok as is) grammatically your nick should be RUSSKAYAMAMA. (BTW MAMA is one of the few words that is spelled and pronounced the same in Eng and Russ.)

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by chaika
    Wow, this is interesting. One thing nobody suggested is to look around in your town (where are you anyway?) for a human being to help you. Those CDs are ok, but a real live person is a lot better.
    Good luck!
    Нашелся такой человек. Я. По телефону тоже можно нормально общаться.
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)

Подающий надежды оратор

Да, я имею!!

ОЧЕНЬ СЛАДКИЙ человек!!
    я скоро

Подающий надежды оратор
    Dah!!! It should be Russkaya Mama!! lolol...

sorry about that....I was trying to be unique.
    я скоро

Подающий надежды оратор

Learning Russian Grammar

Learning Russian grammar is a matter of technique. I will relate my technique. I am using several books like Colloquial Russian Complete Course for Beginners or Golosa by Robin.
    I start out with the simple rules and create a table with examples.

[title of table] Gender of Nouns
    [columns] Masculine / Feminine / Neuter
    [rows] Hard stem / Soft stem

My Russian fonts do not copy on this web site so I can't include a totally filled in table. If you send me your email address I can give you some samples. But once you have realized the meaning of the rules with examples then you look at any book you have with exercises and answers.
    For instance, I got some tables and exercises from Golosa by Robin, or try Schaum's Outlines Russian Grammar by Levine which has exercises with answers.
    By doing exercises every day, you will develop the ability to quickly decline nouns, adjectives or conjugate verbs.
    You can also get 501 Russian Verbs by Beyer.
    I have also used Pimsleur to develop the ability to quickly apply what I understand by writing down what is being said and verifying how the grammar is applied.
    Taking a Russian course at least once a week would be helpful. That is what I do. By creating tables and learning to apply grammar rules quickly I have succeeded at outpacing other members of the class.
    I also use movies to note which grammar rules apply. I have at least 37 Russian movies with or without subtitles. In time your speed in applying grammar will increase. It is more important to remember how to apply the grammar quickly rather than just to remember the rules.
    So the key to learning grammar or any language is exercise, exercise and more exercise.
    век живи-век учись, а дураком умрёшь.

Подающий надежды оратор
    Thank you Ballroomdancer!!
    я скоро

Новичок
    This is the best book i have found so far. Methodical with plenty of exercises and written by a russian.

Русский язык для начинающих. Для говорящих на английском языке

http://www.kniga.com/books/product.a...1090&sku=C0556

удачи...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123