Thread: Hi Everyone - Just joined

Новичок

Hi Everyone - Just joined

Hi everyone, just thought i would say hello to you all and ask some questions.

I have thought about learning another language for a while, so i decided upong russian. is it possible to read russian without being able to speak it? as i do not know anyone that could help me learn to speak russian but i would like to be able to read and write it.

could someone suggest some good resources (possibly free & online) that could help me out? i am really really struggling to understand the language, i have got the alphabet and have been going through it, but when i have tried to use it to convert a russian sentance to english the words dont seem to match. is this me?

thanks for any help you can provide.

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia
    Hi! Just check the Book review and Getting Started threads. Get an audio CD to help you with pronunciation.
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce