Thread: help! studying in russia

Увлечённый спикер

help! studying in russia

helllo! i have a year off and i've always wanted to see russia, so i was thinking of finding a place that would offer a course on the language. however, i want to stay for a while and i'm not incredibly rich. does anyone think it would be difficult to find a part time job, and if not, where should i look?

thanks!

anthony

Увлечённый спикер

Re: help! studying in russia

Hello, Anthony

Much depends on your present language abilities and professional skills. What can you do and what is your mother tongue?

Here is the most popular job site in Moscow: http://hh.ru/ Switch to English language and add your CV. Bilingual jobs are common in Moscow, so you have a chance to find something.

Увлечённый спикер

i'm not very professional, i'm going into university next year, but i have heavy work experince. my mother tounge is english, and really i'm just looking for a part time job that a student can do, which will make ends meet while i study there.

and thanks, i'll look at the site

Новичок

Depending on where you wanna go in russia will effect your job oppertunities I imagine work for foreigners is easier to find in Moscow, St Petersburg or Ekatirenberg.However If you want to work in russia as a foriegner you'll have to apply for a work permit, you can do this through Ovier, it takes about 2weeks to process and is just a matter of submitting forms and photos.
    Im not sure though if you're only visiting russia on a tourist visa whether you are elligible to work. I myself am a foreigner working in russia and have had to go through the whole system but i have had tempory residency granted which itself is another long drawn out process.!
    Dont let this dampen your plans to visit russia though it is a great country with lots to offer and the people are wonderful. Im just trying to give you an idea of how easy it is to work here as this is a process i have been involved in

Новичок

I didnt realise you were studying there ! totally misunderstood the thread! Soz Major!

Увлечённый спикер

no problem :P if i have a study visa, will i still need a working visa to work there?

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia

With a student visa you can work in Russia though there may be a limit on how many hours per week. You can get a job with one of the schools teaching English. Check out Daves ESL Cafe website.
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Увлечённый спикер

damn, thanks for the advice, my teacher told me about that website also. i'll go check it out