Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree155Likes

Thread: Сборная солянка: советы, мнения, мудрости, рассказики, инфо., полезная или не очень

Quote Originally Posted by Eric C. View Post
    I don't, but I do see the appeals for stopping people for being different to the "accepted behavior model", and we all know from history what this sort of things can ultimately lead to.
    It's just a talk, relax. There is no choice but being divided, unfortunately.
    Deborski likes this.
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)

Понравилось в ФБ у Deborski. Спасибо, Дебочка!

“If someone isn't what others want them to be, the others become angry. Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own.”
    ― Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

“Perhaps, if you weren't so busy regarding my shortcomings, you'd find that I do possess redeeming qualities, discreet as they may be. I notice when the sky is blue. I smile down at children. I laugh at any innocent attempt at humor. I quietly carry the burdens of others as though they were my own. And I say 'I'm sorry' when you don't. I am not without fault, but I am not without goodness either.”
    ― Richelle E. Goodrich

“To love a man enough to help him, you have to forfeit the warm, self-righteous glow that comes from judging.”
    ― Ron Hall

“All the whispering, glaring, pointing and judging makes them no better than whoever or whatever it is they're gossiping about.”
    ― Tiffany King

“None of us has ever seen a motive. Therefore, we don't know we can't do anything more than suspect what inspires the action of another. For this good and valid reason, we're told not to judge. Tragedy is that our attention centers on what people are not, rather than on what they are and who they might become.”
    ― Brennan Manning

“You can't judge people and touch their souls at the same time.” ― Tama Kieves
    Deborski likes this.
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)

100 Facebook friends show up to defend bullied student -- and he even gets an apology

Ух, какие фасебуковцы молодцы!
    Deborski likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lampada View Post
    "Don't let people pull them into your storm. Pull them into your peace.
    This reminded me of a famous quatrain by Edwin Markham (1852-1940):

"Outwitted"
    He drew a circle that shut me out —
    Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout.
    But Love and I had the wit to win:
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Deborski and dtrq like this.

“Take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.” — Elie Wiesel

Mouse and cookies. Best video for motivation.
    Never give up!

Deborski likes this.

Подписи перепутаны специально как шутка, или это всерьез?

Quote Originally Posted by dtrq View Post
    Подписи перепутаны специально как шутка, или это всерьёз?
    Как перепутаны? Вроде всё правильно. Равенство не всегда справедливость.
    Когда миллионер платит 50% от своего дохода государству, у него отстаются сотни тысяч, а бедный после этого станет бездомным.

(Тур Хейердал по этому принципу подбирал участников его экспедиций.)
    Deborski likes this.

The price is even more shocking than the title
    Вот потому, что вы говорите то, что не думаете, и думаете то, что не думаете, вот в клетках и сидите. И вообще, весь этот горький катаклизм, который я здесь наблюдаю, и Владимир Николаевич тоже…

Властелин
    Как перепутаны? Вроде всё правильно. Равенство не всегда справедливость.
    Когда миллионер платит 50% от своего дохода государству, у него отстаются сотни тысяч, а бедный после этого станет бездомным.
    It might sound radical, but the tax rate of 0% for everyone would solve that problem. =))

Quote Originally Posted by Eric C. View Post
    It might sound radical, but the tax rate of 0% for everyone would solve that problem. =))
    Это вроде бы от анархистов, которые пока не у власти.

Не дай бог свинье рогов, а холопу барства

"...We need a move-a-body friend.

A year or two ago, my good friend called, and as soon as I said, "Hello!" she said, "You're a friend who would move a body." I could tell by her voice that she was serious. I lowered my voice and whispered, "What does that mean?"
    She said that one of her sister's close friends had called her sister and asked her to help her move her mom. The friend's mother, who was apparently only invited to visit once a year, struggled with alcoholism. When my friend's sister's friend came home from work, her mother was passed out drunk on the sofa. It was 3 o'clock in the afternoon, and the kids would be busting through the front door any minute. She called because she physically needed help moving her mother.
    I let out a deep sigh and said, "Yes. You could definitely call me."

I thought about how lucky I am to have a couple of move-a-body friends in my life.

About a week after this call, I thought I'd pay the kindness forward, and I called my friend Dawn. As soon as she answered, I said, "You're a friend who would help me move a body." She replied, "Holy crap. Did you kill somebody?" I laughed. "No, not today." Then I told her how much she means to me and how grateful I am to find shelter in her friendship."

Brené Brown: The Safe Way To Share Your Shame Story

Властелин
    Deborski,

You want the world to be a nicer place but you write "The media FOCUSES on assholes like the teabaggers, whose commentary resembles that of a drunken tavern brawl." - how does that work?

Scott

• Deborski's writing:

"It is really long past time that we, as a society, STOP REWARDING ASSHOLES.

People who treat everyone like crap at work do NOT deserve the promotion. People who lie and cheat and steal and then brown-nose do NOT deserve to be rewarded while those who work five times as hard and do not try to curry a promotion remain unnoticed.

And I'm not just talking about work. Lately it seems that the loudest idiots with the most stupid opinions are getting all the attention, whereas the more polite, intelligent people are sidelined. The media FOCUSES on assholes like the teabaggers, whose commentary resembles that of a drunken tavern brawl.

What does this SAY about our society, people? Is this the image we want for ourselves?

STOP "liking" asshole posts on Facebook and Youtube, for starters. It's no wonder the trolls take over when so many people are rewarding them for the kinds of comments that would only sound good over a few too many beers at the local dive.

START standing up to bullies at school, in the workplace and wherever else you encounter them. People who play games, manipulate others, assassinate people's reputations with malicious gossip, who orchestrate and organize bullying campaigns - THESE are the people who need to be STOPPED dead in their tracks.

Try not to become as rude and nasty as they are, but make sure they understand that this kind of behavior is NOT acceptable. This goes especially for those of you who have been trusted with the responsibility of leadership in any capacity, whether you are a manager at Starbuck's, the CEO of a Fortune 500 company, or a parent responsible for shaping your children's behavior.

There was a time when we valued traits like honesty, loyalty, hard work, dedication, talent and worth ethic. Love, kindness, respect and integrity are also the kinds of character traits which should be supported. KNOW the difference between the people who really exemplify these traits, versus PRETENDERS who are just playing a game and faking an image while they brown-nose and curry favor.

The world would be a much nicer place if we stopped glamorizing rude, self-serving, narcissistic assholes who would stomp over anyone to get what they want. And NO, I do not find "reality" shows about these kinds of human offal remotely interesting or "compelling." It's DISGUSTING. Let's see a show about REAL PEOPLE who are working their butts off every day trying to make the world a better place for a change!

/end rant "

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast