Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By maxmixiv
  • 1 Post By lorente
  • 1 Post By Tararwen

Thread: Привет из Колорадо!

Новичок

Привет из Колорадо!

Hi guys! My name is Brian, I am from Colorado in the USA, and i just started learning Russian like, three days ago aha. I dont know very much, but I would like to think that Im learning rather quickly! I am excited to meet everyone!

здравствуйте! меня зовут Браиян, я из колорадо, америка. я знаю английский язык и француский язык, изучаю я сейчас русский язык

Добро пожаловать на форум!

Welcome to the forum, Brian! Are you using books to learn Russian, or just online resources? It seems you already have a good grasp of the free word order in the Russian language. What part of Colorado are you in, if you don't mind? I visit my Dad in the summers in eastern Colorado.

Я живу сейчас в Неваде, в Америки. Английский мой родной язык, учу немецкий и русский язык.
    Je ne parle pas francais. Really, I don't. This is the only thing I know how to say.

Добро пожаловать, Брайан!

Couple of corrections if you permit:

Здравствуйте! Меня зовут Брайан, я из Америки, из штата Колорадо.

Я живу сейчас в Америке, в Неваде. Английский - мой родной язык, учу немецкий и русский языки.
    Tararwen likes this.
    "Невозможно передать смысл иностранной фразы, не разрушив при этом её первоначальную структуру."

Новичок
    Haha, I liked how Браиян sounded in my head rather than Браиан хахаха. У меня есть книгии и интернет ^^ Right now Ive been using LingQ a lot for vocabulary and reading, but Im not too sure how it will work with grammar because I'm used to ignoring grammar, but I'm not too sure how that will work with russian because I see that its very grammar intensive. I may do a grammar course before pursuing much further, because it may be good to start out on the right path xD. Ive learned some grammar like " я делаю, ты делаешь, вы делаете" but it seems everytime i think I've learned something past that simple stuff, i find things I dont understand about it xD I also speak mandarin chinese, but I didnt know how to say that lol.

Почётный участник
    Hello, Brian! Welcome to Master Russian! You came to right place! There are a lot of nice persons here who can help you in learning Russian. Learning foreign languages is a very interesting thing If you need some practice conversation I think I can help you. You could help me in English too)
    My skype: brandanovich
    Lampada likes this.

Hey Brian,

Just FYI, another good way to practice your Russian is to go into the General Chat in the lower right-hand corner of the screen when you are logged into this site, and write with native Russian speakers in real time.

There is sometimes also a Google Hangout on the weekends where everyone from this site gets together and practices speaking Russian or English out loud.

BTW, which books are you using in particular? It seems that the Penguin book is the most popular.
    Lampada likes this.

Новичок
    I'm not using a course book, I just have some dictionaries and verb books aha.