Thread: Well hello everyone!

Cool Well hello everyone!

привет!

меня зовут Рамос, я очень рад to be here (yups, that's where my knowledge of Russian language ended )

I'm a Dutch women, started learning Russian about 4 months ago. This means I have had about 14 lessons. Meanly getting familiar with the cyrillic alfabet, learning to read and write, and taking babysteps into the wonderes world of a completely different language!

I've always loved the Russian language, and have always been fascinated by the country. I'm saving up to take the Trans Siberian Railway-trip, but ery extended (Bejing, seoul are also in scope :P). I;m planning for a six-week journey in 2014. Very excited about that! And of course hopefully my Russian will be sufficient to be able to have conversations with the Russian folks I'll meet on the way.

I've been looking around here, and see a lot of helpfull things, both grammar/language-wise, as about the country and it's people. And you lot seem like a open and helpfull bunch, that's really cool!
    So, i've met a few of you allready on the chat, looking forward on posting here!

As what to expect from me (besides postcount : anyone interested in learning Dutch, info about the Netherlands, or a helping hand in English, just let me know .

Властелин
    I don't know if the Trans-Siberian trip worth doing. Maybe it is better to visit several places and to fly between them taking train on small distances?

It's all about the experience for me, Marcus.
    During the trip from Vladivostok to Moskou, I will make 2 or 3 stopovers. Lake Baikal is certain, Jekaterinaburg big change, and 1 or 2 others. Not sure yet where exactly.
    And from Moskou i'll be flying to st Petersburg and from there back home.

this is the trip approx:

Amsterdam - beijing flying (obviously :P)
    beijing few days incl. chinese wall
    then fly to seoul
    seoul 1-2 days
    fly to vladivostok
    vladivostok 3-4 days
    train to Irkoetsk/lake baikal (maybe a one day stop over somewhere, not sure yet)
    Irkoetsk/lake baikal 3-4 days
    -----> maybe, depending on time and the level of 'worth your while' a little detour to mongolia
    Irkoetsk to Jekaterinaburg (maybe a one day stop over somewhere, not sure yet)
    jekaterinaburg 2-3 days
    Jekaterinaburg to moskou (maybe a one day stop over somewhere, not sure yet)
    moskou 2-3 days
    fly from moskou to st petersburg
    st petersburg 3-4 days
    fly back home

It's all about the experience, meeting de local people, getting a little taste of their lives, getting a little taste of russia. You don't get to know russia and their people on an flight :P
    And by train - with all my stops - is much cheaper. The whole trip will be expensive enough as it is

Властелин
    I see, Rhamos. I wish your trip would be (or will be? how to say better?) wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
    I see, Rhamos. I wish your trip would be (or will be? how to say better?) wonderful!
    Thanks! And it's 'will be'

The difference being:
    will be is as in: shall be
    would be is as in: might be

Quote Originally Posted by Sergey_ View Post
    Cool! Haven't seen that one yet, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Lampada View Post
    That's a chill vid. Seen it either here in a thread, or on lonelyplanet.com.