Thread: Privit

Новичок

Privit

I hope that comes off right. I do not know how to write in Cyrillic, and I need to practice reading it again. I know a little bit of Russian, about as much as I do Armenian. Two awesome languages, nyet? I am Armenian and have a strong interest in East European countries. I love Russian. It is one of the prettiest languages. I hope to learn a little more Russian though it will be a slow process (and is not practical where I live, but hey, you gotta follow your heart every now and then to stay healthy). I also have a couple of Russian history questions that I hope someone can help me with. I would love to learn more about Russian culture.

Spaciba

Почтенный гражданин
    Привет! = Privet!

This is very cool if you will learn Russian and Armenian
    Welcome! And which questions do you have about Russian and Russian cilture?
    Don't shy!

Спасибо! = Spasibo!

Новичок
    Quote Originally Posted by kozyablo View Post
    Привет! = Privet!

This is very cool if you will learn Russian and Armenian
    Da/Ayo

Quote Originally Posted by kozyablo View Post
    Welcome! And which questions do you have about Russian and Russian cilture?
    Don't shy!

Спасибо! = Spasibo!
    Spasibo/shnorhakalutyun

Someone gave a challenge recently about history questions. He is Russian and studied history a bit. I want to meet this challenge. Here are the two questions I have left:

13) How did Tsar Petr the Great die, and why is it ironic?
    Czar Peter the Great loved water and died of a bladder infection, gangrene.
    13) I was looking for the catalyst that hastened this problem.. a particular event
    I am at a loss.

16) The symbol of the Maquis was a variation of what?
    Croix de Lorraine http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._Lorraine2.svg
    16) exactly.. but the croix de lorraine is a variation of what?
    Someone speculated this had to do with the Orthodox cross. I do not know if this is true. I am also at a loss on this one.

I also want to know how Russian culture compares to Armenia and how Russians feel about Armenians because Armenia and Russia are allies in some ways, but I also saw a documentary about anti-Armenian skinheads in Russia.

But perhaps these are best taken to other threads in other sections.

Почтенный гражданин
    I'm not a religious girl. I don't know deeply any religions..

So..
    one of my friends is Armenian. He is tne veeeery cool guy! And also Armenian is wonderful lenguage!!!
    There is in Moscow Armenian church (now is under construction). Great building!

Подающий надежды оратор MrsKlug's Avatar
    Aremenians are dominately Christian. Their church is comparable to Coptic churches. They are considered Orthodox (or Oriental Orthodox). Propbably their church is like a Russian Orthodox church for the most part, just that they will speak their mother language within. They could also possibly be more of a Catholic style of church. Like the rest of Europe, Asia and the Middle East they could be basically from a number of denominations. I am just assuming it is most likely Orthodox though.

Властелин
    They are considered Orthodox (or Oriental Orthodox). Propbably their church is like a Russian Orthodox church for the most part, just that they will speak their mother language within.
    They are monophysists, so they consider Christ to be only God and not humain. They do not admit the fourth Ecumenical council as well as the all the later councils.

Подающий надежды оратор Ammonite's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anastasia13 View Post
    I love Russian. It is one of the prettiest languages.
    Couldn't agree more-- was my initial reason for choosing to learn it.

Correction of my posts in Russian appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
    They are monophysists, so they consider Christ to be only God and not human. They do not admit the fourth Ecumenical council as well as the all the later councils.
    Аггга... this reminds me of the "Are Mormons Christians?" debate that sometimes arises in US political culture, as in the case of Republican politician Mitt Romney. (Mormons believe in Christ, but they reject the definition of the "Trinity" from the Council of Nicea.)

Новичок
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
    They are monophysists, so they consider Christ to be only God and not humain. They do not admit the fourth Ecumenical council as well as the all the later councils.
    Not exactly. While not diphysite like the Eastern Orthodox, the Oriental Orthodox are miaphysite. The view that Christ is only God is more in line with Eutychianism. In miaphysite theology, Christ had a divine nature AND a human nature, BUT they were together in one nature, merged. From what I know and have read, miaphsites saw diphysites as more like the nestorians and the diphysites saw the miaphysites as more like the monophysite or followers of eutychiasm, and according to the Coptic church it was a difficulty in translation.