Thread: Hello there!

Новичок

Hello there!

Hi !

I like many of you, am learning Russian. My main motivation for doing this is that my girlfriend who I met in my first year of university almost two years ago, is Russian and I love the sound of the language. I have been learning for about 6 months now, my main source of material has only been the Pimsluer course many of you seem to know, I tend to do about 30 minutes a day and I am up to lesson 2 of the second course. Being at university I dont always get time to put more effort into it

Having a Russian girlfriend has helped ALOT with my speaking, there are so many little sounds I just dont pick up on that she does, and sometimes she has to correct me when I speak till I get the sounds of words right. I tend to throw in as many Russian words into conversations as I can with her, we can go food shopping and not need to speak any English. She also introduced me to a few songs in Russian that are quite fun such as Верка Сердючка - Всё будет хорошо. I have not got into typing or reading in Russian yet, I may do this after I finish the Pimsleur 3 course. I know I have a long way to go, but I guess learning a language is a never ending thing. I'll try and help as much as I can with any English problems.

Cheers!

Dammit

Новичок
    Hello Dammit! Interesting name.

Out of curiosity, what subject(s) are you studying at which university?

Новичок
    Alight mate!

I am doing straight Biology at university, Its very intense but I really enjoy it

Новичок
    Oh, Biology is such an neverendingly interesting topic Most of the sciences are!