Thread: Hello there!

Новичок

Hello there!

I am 18 and live in california. I am very interested in the russian language and culture. I am here to learn more about the russians as a people because it is very interesting to me how cultures can differ so drastically in different countries. I want to learn about the music and movies there. I am also very interested russian history, specifically how they teach the history of the cold war and world war 2 there compared to here in the united states.

So yeah! That would be awesome to talk to some from russia and learn more about all that stuff and what not!!!

-Ron

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rongrhymes View Post
    I am 18 and live in california. I am very interested in the russian language and culture. I am here to learn more about the russians as a people because it is very interesting to me how cultures can differ so drastically in different countries. I want to learn about the music and movies there. I am also very interested russian history, specifically how they teach the history of the cold war and world war 2 there compared to here in the united states.

So yeah! That would be awesome to talk to some from russia and learn more about all that stuff and what not!!!

-Ron
    Hi and welcome
    AFAIK there is no specific studying of the Cold War period in Russian history books. Russian history is much longer than the US history, so the Cold War period was simply dropped from the studying.
    WWII teaching is very different compared to the US teaching. It is considered that the USSR won WWII when they took Berlin in confront with Hiroshima "effort" considered as the "final winning" of the US.