Thread: Hello!

Новичок

Smile Hello!

I found this forum last night and it looked like a great place to learn the Russian Language.

Years ago I studied Russian Language at University and now I'm now starting again with Pimsleur. I'm on Lesson 7, Level 1 and my previous studies are coming in handy for that.

Russian words I thought I had forgotten are coming back once I hear them again and it is going well.

I look forward to interacting with Native speakers and of course those for whom Russian is a second language!

All the best!

Ivanovich
    Last edited by Ivanovich; September 26th, 2013 at 01:44 AM. Reason: Clarification

Добро пожаловать! Welcome to MasterRussian. There are many wonderful resources and many great people here. I hope you will enjoy our forum.
    Вот потому, что вы говорите то, что не думаете, и думаете то, что не думаете, вот в клетках и сидите. И вообще, весь этот горький катаклизм, который я здесь наблюдаю, и Владимир Николаевич тоже…

Почтенный гражданин
    Hello, Ivanovich!
    Привет из Тампы! Может, мы даже соседи?
    Успехов в изучении русского языка и в общении здесь, в форуме!

Новичок
    Quote Originally Posted by Yulia65 View Post
    Hello, Ivanovich!
    Привет из Тампы! Может, мы даже соседи?
    Успехов в изучении русского языка и в общении здесь, в форуме!
    Thanks for your welcome!

пожалуйста

My question is, along with Pimsleur, which is about speaking and listening, how can I advance my reading and writing?

I would also thank you if you might help me to a way to type in this forum in Cyrillic script. I have windows 7 64 bit.

The Cyrillic I have here is all copy and paste...

спасибо

Ivanovich Hi. If you want to improve your russian you could speak with me via Skype. My Skype is maxitron44. I am native russian speaker, and I live in Kazakhstan. Good luck.

Новичок
    Quote Originally Posted by maxitron View Post
    Ivanovich Hi. If you want to improve your russian you could speak with me via Skype. My Skype is maxitron44. I am native russian speaker, and I live in Kazakhstan. Good luck.
    Maxitron, Thank you for the generous offer! At my current stage of "redevelopment" of my Russian Language skills, these would be extremely short conversations and the topic would not range far from when we are going to the restaurant on Pushkin Street..

So. I will wait for your good level in russian language, and then welcome. Of course my suggestion have a power all the time. See ya.

Подающий надежды оратор
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanovich View Post
    I would also thank you if you might help me to a way to type in this forum in Cyrillic script. I have windows 7 64 bit.

The Cyrillic I have here is all copy and paste...
    From the Control Panel (Start -> Control Panel) double click on the 'Regional and Language Options' icon, then 'Keyboards and Languages', then 'Change Keyboard' , then 'Add' within 'Installed Services' under 'Text Services and Input Languages', and then click on 'Russian'. You can buy Russian keyboard stickers from ebay for a few dollars.

Подающий надежды оратор
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMCD View Post
    You can buy Russian keyboard stickers from ebay for a few dollars.
    Oo good idea.
    *Your Favorite Brand Name Chip!*

Новичок
    Quote Originally Posted by maxitron View Post
    So. I will wait for your good level in russian language, and then welcome. Of course my suggestion have a power all the time. See ya.
    Sounds like a deal, Max!

Новичок
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMCD View Post
    From the Control Panel (Start -> Control Panel) double click on the 'Regional and Language Options' icon, then 'Keyboards and Languages', then 'Change Keyboard' , then 'Add' within 'Installed Services' under 'Text Services and Input Languages', and then click on 'Russian'. You can buy Russian keyboard stickers from ebay for a few dollars.
    Thank you, GMMCD!