Thread: Greetings from new member of this exciting web-site:)

Новичок

Smile Greetings from new member of this exciting web-site:)

hello!
    My name is Alexandr. I live in the Russian city called Saratov! I am a teacher of English by my profession, so the purpose of my staying here can be easily recognised and understood... Except the goal to improve my English I have another one which is to offer my own help in learning Russian. I think that it is awesome when people start to study other languages and that many of them do not afraid the wide-spread opinions that this or that language is really complicated or even imposible for understanding. Expessing my personal view on this matter I can say the next: there are no languages in the world which are resistant to studying as well as there are no people who are unable to learn languages, there are just individuals who are lazy and who can always find some justifications to their lazyness reffering to the high comlication of the language or even to impossibility of its learning... I've met vast amount of such people, beleve me. Just go forword despite all the difficulties you meet on your way and finely you will achieve the desirable result!
    I wish you good luck and to be successful in learning Russian!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin25i View Post
    hello!
    My name is Alexandr. I live in the Russian city called Saratov! I am a native Russian and an English teacher of English by my profession, . So the purpose of my staying being here can be easily recognised and understood... Except Besides the goal to improve my English, I have another reason, one which is to offer my own help in learning Russian. I think that it is awesome when people start to study other languages and that many of them do not afraid are of the wide-spread opinions that this or that language is really complicated or even impossible for to understanding. Expressing my personal view on this matter I can say the next: I personally believe there are no languages in the world which are resistant to studying as well as there are no people who are unable to learn languages . There are just individuals who are lazy and who can always find some justifications to their laziness reffering referring to the high complication of the language or even to impossibility of its learning... I've met vast amounts of such people, believe me. Just go forward despite all the difficulties you meet on your way and finely finally you will achieve the desirable desired result!
    I wish you good luck and to be successful in learning Russian!!!
    Alexandr! Welcome. Trust me, I am not lazy. I have tried very hard to fail at learning French, Spanish and even a little Russian. If you ever heard me speak anything in Russian, you would change your views very quickly!

I corrected this as best as I could. I'm not great with punctuation!!! I had a little trouble with your phrase, of them do not afraid, sorry I was not certain what you meant there. I think the rest of it I got and most of it was cleaning it up and spelling.
    I only speak two languages, English and bad English.
    Check out the MasterRussian Music Playlist
    Click here for list of Russian films with English subtitles and links to watch them.

Почтенный гражданин Demonic_Duck's Avatar
    I think he means that those of us foolhardy/masochistic enough to try to learn certain languages (*ahem* Russian) were not frightened off by the reputations of said languages for being difficult to understand.
    Демоническая Утка
    Носитель английского языка, учу русский язык.
    Пожалуйста, исправьте мои сообщения!

Подающий надежды оратор
    are you guys sure "recognised" is spelled correctly?

Новичок
    Quote Originally Posted by rockzmom View Post
    I had a little trouble with your phrase, of them do not afraid, sorry I was not certain what you meant there.
    should not be afraid of?

Александр, а вы учитель в школе или где-то еще?

Quote Originally Posted by Elizaveta_Petrovna View Post
    are you guys sure "recognised" is spelled correctly?
    recognised is UK version and recognized is the US version. Sometimes I know the UK vs. US ones and sometimes I don't. This one I did know so I didn't change it. The one that messes me up the most is the punctuation. The US almost ALWAYS puts the punctuation inside the "Quote Marks" at the end of a sentence and the UK does not. So, I'll start correcting that, when I shouldn't.
    I only speak two languages, English and bad English.
    Check out the MasterRussian Music Playlist
    Click here for list of Russian films with English subtitles and links to watch them.

Новичок
    Quote Originally Posted by rockzmom View Post
    I had a little trouble with your phrase, of them do not afraid, sorry I was not certain what you meant there. I think the rest of it I got and most of it was cleaning it up and spelling.

Добро пожаловать, Александр!

If I were to venture a guess, it would be that you were thinking, in Russian, "...они не боятся..."; and meant to say something along the lines of "...many of them are not deterred / disheartened by the wide-spread opinion...". It seems Demonic-Duck beat me to that conclusion, but since I'm rarely here I couldn't resist this opportunity to run my mouth a little

Подающий надежды оратор
    The US almost ALWAYS puts the punctuation inside the "Quote Marks" at the end of a sentence and the UK does not. So, I'll start correcting that, when I shouldn't.
    that's MLA standards, although I think it's unnatural to insert a comma or a period inside the quote marks

Новичок
    Hi I am Ballet
    I am new here I have no knowledge about the Russian language. Let me convey some knowledge about this language from where I can get Instructions......Thank you