Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Imaginer
  • 1 Post By MISSFOXYSWEETCHERRY
  • 1 Post By MISSFOXYSWEETCHERRY
  • 1 Post By Imaginer
  • 1 Post By Throbert McGee
  • 1 Post By MISSFOXYSWEETCHERRY

Thread: Превет , меня зовут Мэхли

  1. #1
    Подающий надежды оратор Imaginer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In my Mind
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    5

    Talking Превет , меня зовут Мэхли

    Hello friends .... my name is Mehdi.I am Iranian ...I am in the first year of university ..I study Russian language ....I would be glad To be one of "Master russian's" Member ....
    Ofcourse I'll get into trouble during my education about Russian .... SO I would be glad Be helped by You FRIENDS ....
    .
    .
    .
    I Could Help you in English Or Persian(Farsi) instead ...

    ...Best regards ...
    Mehdi

  2. #2
    Властелин Medved's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wonderland of Russia
    Posts
    1,195
    Rep Power
    22
    Welcome aboard, FRIEND!
    Another month ends. All targets met. All systems working. All customers satisfied. All staff eagerly enthusiastic. All pigs fed and ready to fly.

  3. #3
    Почтенный гражданин MISSFOXYSWEETCHERRY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Cherry Orchard
    Posts
    189
    Rep Power
    8
    Hi ℳ℮hdi )) and Wêlčômě to ℳ.ℜ.!
    Well yes,it's an awesome website with a lot of great people( btw Medved is one of them)) to answer you.you can ask "Any" of your Questions both in forum an Chat and will get a useful answers right after!

    So Удачи!
    Imaginer likes this.
    Let's Live By The Moment... Cause Together Ain't Promised Forever
    Жить надо так, чтобы тебя помнили и сволочи
    Du Vet Inte Vad Som Kan Hända Innan Aftonen!

  4. #4
    Почтенный гражданин MISSFOXYSWEETCHERRY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Cherry Orchard
    Posts
    189
    Rep Power
    8
    And btw,please teach me some Farsi!!!!!!!!
    an Idiot told me ,i don't speak like Farsi native speaker!(Idiot ,you know who you are!)
    Imaginer likes this.
    Let's Live By The Moment... Cause Together Ain't Promised Forever
    Жить надо так, чтобы тебя помнили и сволочи
    Du Vet Inte Vad Som Kan Hända Innan Aftonen!

  5. #5
    Подающий надежды оратор Imaginer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In my Mind
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    5
    Thank you so much Medved hope to have nice time here with you friends

  6. #6
    Подающий надежды оратор Imaginer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In my Mind
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    5
    And btw,please teach me some Farsi!!!!!!!!
    an Idiot told me ,i don't speak like Farsi native speaker!(Idiot ,you know who you are!)
    @MISFOXYSWEETCHERRY ,Who dared to tell you like this??? You speak Persian(Farsi) fluently Because You are a Persian ...
    ...
    vali age khasti ... badan barname miriziiim ...do nafari hale oon tarafo migiriiim
    .....
    ofcourse I'll need your help in russian, hope to learn more and more from you,
    thanks for your welcome .... I'll appreciate ...

  7. #7
    Завсегдатай Throbert McGee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairfax, VA (Фэйрфэкс, ш. Виргиния, США)
    Posts
    1,591
    Rep Power
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by Imaginer View Post
    Hello friends .... my name is Mehdi.I am Iranian ... I am first grade university
    Better: "I am in the first year of university" or "I am a first-year university student."

    ("Grade" is normally used for elementary/primary school children. Usually, someone in "first grade" is 6 or 7 years old!)
    Imaginer likes this.

  8. #8
    Подающий надежды оратор Imaginer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In my Mind
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Throbert McGee View Post
    Better: "I am in the first year of university" or "I am a first-year university student."

    ("Grade" is normally used for elementary/primary school children. Usually, someone in "first grade" is 6 or 7 years old!)
    Thank you dude , I've just edited it ...

  9. #9
    Lena
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Throbert McGee View Post
    Better: "I am in the first year of university" or "I am a first-year university student."

    ("Grade" is normally used for elementary/primary school children. Usually, someone in "first grade" is 6 or 7 years old!)
    And what word is used for middle and high school?

  10. #10
    zxc
    zxc is offline
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    151
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Lena View Post
    And what word is used for middle and high school?
    "Grade" is used for elementary, middle, and high schools.

    For high school, you can alternatively say that someone is a freshman (9th grade), sophomore (10th grade), junior (11th grade), or senior (12th grade), or you can say that they are "in their freshman year", "in their sophomore year", etc.

    And then it gets confusing because these also cross over to someone's undergraduate studies in college (someone in their first year of college/university is also a "freshman", et al).

  11. #11
    Почтенный гражданин MISSFOXYSWEETCHERRY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Cherry Orchard
    Posts
    189
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Imaginer View Post

    @MISFOXYSWEETCHERRY ,Who dared to tell you like this??? You speak Persian(Farsi) fluently Because You are a Persian ...
    ...
    vali age khasti ... badan barname miriziiim ...do nafari hale oon tarafo migiriiim
    .....
    ofcourse I'll need your help in russian, hope to learn more and more from you,
    thanks for your welcome .... I'll appreciate ...
    Who dared to tell me? Well an ... ( 3 noghte)

    Thankss, are bayad hatman halesh gerefte she,vali man rahi shakhsan peida nakardam!
    Vali since u are a boy ,u know better what to do!

    And Mehdi, i myself am a Russian learner, there are many better users ( even Russian native speakers) here.
    Vali khob , baz age komaki az dastam bar miomad bego!
    Imaginer likes this.
    Let's Live By The Moment... Cause Together Ain't Promised Forever
    Жить надо так, чтобы тебя помнили и сволочи
    Du Vet Inte Vad Som Kan Hända Innan Aftonen!

  12. #12
    Lena
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zxc View Post
    "Grade" is used for elementary, middle, and high schools.

    For high school, you can alternatively say that someone is a freshman (9th grade), sophomore (10th grade), junior (11th grade), or senior (12th grade), or you can say that they are "in their freshman year", "in their sophomore year", etc.

    And then it gets confusing because these also cross over to someone's undergraduate studies in college (someone in their first year of college/university is also a "freshman", et al).
    Thank you, zxc. Can you answer one more question, please? I know that marks that students get in American schools are called grades, too. How do people manage to avoid confusion calling both forms and marks with one word?

  13. #13
    zxc
    zxc is offline
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    151
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Lena View Post
    Thank you, zxc. Can you answer one more question, please? I know that marks that students get in American schools are called grades, too. How do people manage to avoid confusion calling both forms and marks with one word?
    Mostly just context. The same way you can tell the difference when вопрос means "issue" and when it means "question", or when политика is referring to politics in general or a specific policy.

    Some examples for when it means marks:

    What grade did you get in math?
    What grade did you get on the test? (Often times Americans will drop 'grade' in this context and just say "What did you get on the test?")
    What kind of grades did you get in high school?
    Johnny always gets good grades in school.


    Some examples for when it's referring to form:

    He failed ninth grade. ('Grade' when it refers to form is peculiar. To my American ears it sounds equally acceptable to use an article here--"He failed the ninth grade." Don't ask me why. )
    What grade are you in?
    High school is usually comprised of grades nine through twelve.
    Study hard, you don't want to have to repeat a grade.
    Johnny seems to be be much smarter than the rest of the kids in his grade.

  14. #14
    Lena
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zxc View Post
    Mostly just context. The same way you can tell the difference when вопрос means "issue" and when it means "question", or when политика is referring to politics in general or a specific policy.
    Thank you for your explanation and helpful examples. Now I see. Actually that is what I supposed, yet it remains so weird to me. One should get used to such a strange thing. I don’t know why I feel so comfortable with our "политика" meaning both policy and politics.

Similar Threads

  1. Превет из Корее!
    By Alex103 in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: April 24th, 2012, 05:28 PM
  2. Привет!!! Меня зовут тирант. Я из Малайзия!!
    By Tyrant in forum Penpals and Language Exchange
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: October 31st, 2011, 12:29 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: October 17th, 2011, 04:29 PM
  4. Здравствуйте! меня зовут Лок
    By vohoanghuyloc in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: November 28th, 2010, 05:42 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: October 20th, 2010, 09:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Russian Lessons                           

Russian Tests and Quizzes            

Russian Vocabulary