Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CSKA vs Sporting!

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia
    Oh dear, I almost forgot that us Colonials are nothing but cannon fodder to British aristocracy.
    But aren't Scottish, Scotcher?

Oh, I forgot the "you"!
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Властелин
    Huh?

Я не понимаю вопрос

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia
    Quote Originally Posted by scotcher
    Huh?

Я не понимаю вопрос
    Aren't you Scottish? .......I meant.
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Властелин
    Yeah I am, but so what? There's no contradiction between being Scottish and British, so I'm perfectly entitled to use snooty expressions such as 'upity colonials'

DDT
    Oh! OK, just checking..................I might be going there soon.

Властелин
    To Scotland? Cool, have fun. Don't forget your waterproofs though

DDT
    I am looking forward to it. I hope it is not too wet, we will be filming for a documentary in some small town.

Почётный участник
    Quote Originally Posted by DDT
    Quote Originally Posted by Греческо
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterAdmin
    Did you mean soccer team?
    No. He means FOOTBALL.

Soccer? lol Only North Americans call it like that.
    I hate to break it to you but it is not just North Americans who call it soccer. Most of the English speaking world calls it scoccer. Why? Because it's soccer, that's why. You see every good Australian knows that " Football" means the mans game played with the oval shaped ball i.e. Rugby, Australian Rules Football or Gridiron (American football) And soccer is the girly man weak chinned sport that parents actually encourage their kids to play. Actually no real true Aussie would ever be caught dead with a soccer ball at the park. That would be only for sissy's and recent English immigrants!!!
    I forgot to mention Australia :P . Football (or however you want to call it - I call it ποδόσφαιρο) is not just a sport as Americans or Australians think of sports. It is a way of life in most parts of the world.

-And I don't think USA and Australia are a sample of countries that men are masculine -

You can call football some weird sports played with hands noone will force you to do the opposite.
    Греческо - Έλληνας

Почтенный гражданин
    This reminds me of Feofan...
    Листьев не обожгло, Веток не обломало
    День промыт как стекло, только этого мало

Почётный участник
    What is that?
    Греческо - Έλληνας

Почтенный гражданин
    Феофан Грек, just a character from a movie...

I don' know why I was reminded of him though
    Листьев не обожгло, Веток не обломало
    День промыт как стекло, только этого мало

DDT
    [

-And I don't think USA and Australia are a sample of countries that men are masculine -
    I'm not going to argue with someone from a country whose national symbol are men with a gun slung over their shoulders wearing pretty white skirts with huge pom-poms on the toes of their shoes.

Почётный участник
    Quote Originally Posted by DDT
    [

I'm not going to argue with someone from a country whose national symbol are men with a gun slung over their shoulders wearing pretty white skirts with huge pom-poms on the toes of their shoes.
    Noone will tell you. The educated world knows what Greece and Australia are so if a few people are believe some things they have the right to, noone cares about them.

At least these men with white skirts have a masculine voice. When I hear Australian news on TV I can't recognise if the one is talking is woman or man :P .
    Греческо - Έλληνας

DDT
    That's funny. This is because only our most "masculine" type of Aussie woman is usually the type to "make it" show "biz".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12