Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hiking/backpacking

Почтенный гражданин

Re: hiking/backpacking

Quote Originally Posted by Basil77
    Quote Originally Posted by gRomoZeka
    Same here, same here. ))I doubt I'll be able to get a visa to any "cool" country even as a part of a group. Europe and USA make it ridiculously hard to visit. Double standards, eh?
    Кстати, тут недавно появилась одна маленькая ложка мёда в этой большой бочке сама знаешь чего. Когда в конце мая я ездил на Украину, хохлы даже не проверили мой багажник, прикинь! Всё пересечение русско-украинской границы заняло 25 минут! Если сравнивать с моей февральской поездкой, когда у меня даже деньги в кошельке пересчитали, то прогресс налицо! Правда наши засранцы пока также докапываются. Из этих 25 минут где-то 20 я провёл на российской таможне.
    You spent that much in Russian customs while leaving the country?! That's so weird.

Although, entering the states lately is also annoying as hell. Used to be super easy some ten years ago, they'd just wave you right in Now, it's kind of scary sometimes. One time I got smart mouthed with them... bad idea!
    If I was kiddin' you, I'd be wearin' a fez and no pants. (Lennie Briscoe)

Почтенный гражданин

Quote Originally Posted by Lampada
    В горном походе на Кавказе. Я - вторая.

That looks so awesome. You guys look like you're just out of some magazine. And the place looks amazing! *jealous*

Quote Originally Posted by quartz
    You spent that much in Russian customs while leaving the country?! That's so weird.
    That MUCH??!! hahaha My "record" for crossing Russia/Ukrainian border by car is 16 hours! (It was in 2000). Usually it takes about a couple of hours, 25 minutes is super-quick! And yes, the Russian customs and border guards are usually more "evil" than Ukrainian ones, even to me, the citizen of Russian Federation. Poor Ukrainians are treated even worse.
    Please, correct my mistakes, except for the cases I misspell something on purpose!

Завсегдатай

That looks so awesome. You guys look like you're just out of some magazine. And the place looks amazing! *jealous*
    Exactly! They look so cool.

Да, хорошее было время.
    На привале:
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)

Почтенный гражданин

Quote Originally Posted by Basil77
    That MUCH??!! hahaha My "record" for crossing Russia/Ukrainian border by car is 16 hours! (It was in 2000). Usually it takes about a couple of hours, 25 minutes is super-quick! And yes, the Russian customs and border guards are usually more "evil" than Ukrainian ones, even to me, the citizen of Russian Federation. Poor Ukrainians are treated even worse.
    16 hours? I'd just go back! Although I never crossed Canada/US border by car except at really small and not at all busy crossings and at odd night hours to avoid the huge line. But I cannot imagine 16 hours.

I remember one time, we were crossing by bus and some idiot on the bus had a thing of beef (this was during the mad cow scare) and a plant with no papers. Oh, and a "ritual knife" because she was a wiccan.... apparently. So we were all sitting in the bus waiting for her for about 45 minutes. That was the longest crossing into the US of my life

Lampada, where in the Caucasian mountains is that? It looks gorgeous.

Lampada, where in the Caucasian mountains is that? It looks gorgeous.
    Западный Кавказ. Я думаю, что это было в районе Домбая и мы шли через Чучхурский перевал.
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)

Quote Originally Posted by Lampada
    Западный Кавказ. Я думаю, что это было в районе Домбая и мы шли через Чучхурский перевал.
    "Снежные флаги разлук ..."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12