Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: London. Whose rights are being violated?

Quote Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
    If a male, good-looking guy had "touched him inappopropriately" I guess the guy would have returned the gesture, and all would have been well.
    Looks like the men have found a new way to discriminate against the women. At a new level this time.

Почтенный гражданин Demonic_Duck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
    At my job there is a black guy who is gay. He was working in a team that I was managing. Just after I joined he asked me (in private) not to "touch him inappropriately" (which would imply, sexually) I almost burst out loud laughing, but controlled myself. It's was absolutely insane. I never touch anyone inappropriately at work, and particularly not someone like him..

The reason for his comment was that I once tapped him on the shoulder, because he was listenening to an ipod while working, and didn't hear that I was trying to get his attention. How ludicrous.

After he told me that, I really wanted to tell him 1) Stop listening to your flipping iPod at work 2) pay attention to senior staff who are trying to talk to you 3) stop being bloody ridiculous.

But; with a black AND gay person you definitely cannot take any chances, so I apologised if he had felt offended and made a point of avoiding him. Luckily he is no longer in the team that I manage.
    If a male, good-looking guy had "touched him inappopropriately" I guess the guy would have returned the gesture, and all would have been well.
    Well in this case he was clearly acting like a total ass. I absolutely detest when people try to use their minority status to claim "discrimination" in a situation where it is obviously invalid, as they are devaluing cases of genuine discrimination, and thus hurting their own cause. Suffice to say, tapping someone on the shoulder clearly isn't sexual harassment, especially if they are listening to music and that is the only way to get their attention. You should have told him (in a professional way, of course) to grow a pair
    Демоническая Утка
    Носитель английского языка, учу русский язык.
    Пожалуйста, исправьте мои сообщения!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12