Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: just trying

Завсегдатай

Re: just trying

Quote Originally Posted by JackBoni
    Большое спасибо за помощь.
    In Russian, all nationalities and their corresponding languages start with a lower-case letter.

JackBoni

Thanks for correcting that particularly embarrassing mistake

Подающий надежды оратор

mmm last post date is 1-feb-09. nyaa! It was my 22 birthday. Nice))
    I read this forum, and think that's good idea to spoke with people who really can say: You are mistaken, and it's better to say bla-bla-bla.
    hmmm but I can't chouse what I wanna more: try to make my English better, or simply talk about everything with anybody.

I know that i can mistake sometimes (and may be more often then I think), but I wanna try and try again until I will do it well. "That's ninja way is mine!" like sais one my favorite anime character - Naruto.
    I'm only doll with dark eyes without soul. I can't fall in love it's bad. But I can not feel hurt - it's good. And I can't be conscience-stricken, but I don't know it's bad or not.

Завсегдатай

Quote Originally Posted by kottoo
    mmm last post date is 1-feb-09. nyaa! It was my 22th birthday. Nice))
    I read this forum_ and think that's a good idea, to [s:1aplo63r]spoke[/s:1aplo63r] [s:1aplo63r]speak[/s:1aplo63r] talk with people who really can say: You are mistaken, and it's better to say bla-bla-bla.
    hmmm but I can't choose what I [s:1aplo63r]wanna[/s:1aplo63r] want more: try to make my English better, or simply talk about everything with anybody. (somebody?)

I know that I can mistake sometimes (and maybe more often than I think), but I [s:1aplo63r]wanna[/s:1aplo63r] want to try and try again until I [s:1aplo63r]will[/s:1aplo63r] do it well. "That's ninja way is mine!" like [s:1aplo63r]sais[/s:1aplo63r] one my favorite anime character Naruto says.
    In Russian, all nationalities and their corresponding languages start with a lower-case letter.

Подающий надежды оратор

Quote Originally Posted by Оля
    mmm last post date is 1-feb-09. nyaa! It was my 22th birthday. Nice))
    I read this forum_ and think that's a good idea, to [s:30ijqky3]spoke[/s:30ijqky3] [s:30ijqky3]speak[/s:30ijqky3] talk with people who really can say: You are mistaken, and it's better to say bla-bla-bla.
    hmmm but I can't choose what I [s:30ijqky3]wanna[/s:30ijqky3] want more: try to make my English better, or simply talk about everything with anybody. (somebody?)

I know that I can mistake sometimes (and maybe more often than I think), but I [s:30ijqky3]wanna[/s:30ijqky3] want to try and try again until I [s:30ijqky3]will[/s:30ijqky3] do it well. "That's ninja way is mine!" like [s:30ijqky3]sais[/s:30ijqky3] one my favorite anime character Naruto says.
    Sumimasen. As expected I made many mistakes. But my friend says that I can use "wanna" if I want . And, yes! I think about somebody, but I don't know why I change my choose))
    thanks, Оля.
    I'm only doll with dark eyes without soul. I can't fall in love it's bad. But I can not feel hurt - it's good. And I can't be conscience-stricken, but I don't know it's bad or not.

Почётный участник

Sumimasen. As expected I made many mistakes. But my friend says that I can use "wanna" if I want . And, yes! I think about somebody, but I don't know why I change my choose))
    thanks, Оля.
    "wanna" is slang or maybe a modern contraction? It's fine by me, in fact i use it all the time , so i say go ahead.
    Пожалуйста, исправляйте мои ошибки.

Подающий надежды оратор

noheat, thank you! Than I will use "wanna". mmm I think I will use "want to" at some formal meeting.

Завсегдатай

But my friend says that I can use "wanna" if I want
    Yes, you can, but I believe in some contexts it could sound bad and/or strange, especially from a foreigner.

You can read this post viewtopic.php?p=158472#p158472
    (the whole thread, also, is mostly about "wanna")

Подающий надежды оратор

Thank you Оля!

Почтенный гражданин

Clarification:

Wanna is very common in spoken (American) English. It is very uncommon in written English. Feel free to say it, but don't write it.

Увлечённый спикер

Hello, my name is Natalia, I'm 15. I'm fond of foreign languages. I study English, German and Romanian. I can speak English rather fluently, but I still need more practice. I hope you'll help me))
    Please, correct my mistakes. Thanks!
    Bitte, berichtigen Sie meine Fehler. Danke!

Новичок

it's such a good idea to make this topic!

guys, you are really cool!

I'll be happy to find a friend to check our mistakes I'm native Russian, editor, and I like to study languages (English, Arabic, Tetum, French). You are welcome!

Новичок

Don't laugh! My English is very bad! But i wanna be a good speaker. Please, help me. They says, that real english is differ from leaning in klasses. Really?

Завсегдатай

Quote Originally Posted by Elena*
    Don't laugh! My English is very bad! But [s:2ojoc3n4]i wanna[/s:2ojoc3n4] I want to be (become) a good speaker. Please, help me. They say_ that real English is differ from [s:2ojoc3n4]leaning[/s:2ojoc3n4] in classes (maybe: "from the one learned in a class"). [s:2ojoc3n4]Really[/s:2ojoc3n4]? Is that true?

Завсегдатай

that real English differs
    (to) differ - глагол ("отличаться")

Новичок

i see, thanks!

Почтенный гражданин

Quote Originally Posted by gRomoZeka
    that real English differs
    (to) differ - глагол ("отличаться")
    Правильно. Также можно сказать "is different from" или "isn't the same as". Это немножко разговорнее.
    "Сейчас без языка нельзя... из тебя шапку сделают..."
    Cogito Ergo Doleo

Почтенный гражданин

Quote Originally Posted by Elena*
    Don't laugh! My English is very bad! But I want to be a good speaker. Please, help me. They say_ that real English differs from English learned in the classroom. Is that true?
    Ответ на твой вопрос простой: да и нет.

Язык из учебника всегда отличается от естественной речи на практике. Всегда и в любом языке. Но сколько это отличается зависит от учителя (и учебника). Но все равно учишься, поэтому не стоит об этом переживать, ин май хамбл апиньан.

Успехов!
    "Сейчас без языка нельзя... из тебя шапку сделают..."
    Cogito Ergo Doleo

Новичок

Hello, my name Ilona. I'm from Russia, Kazan.
    I don't know English, because my teacher is so boring, and I always sleep on her lesson But I want to study English! So... Please, help me!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12