Thread: Need help with english

Need help with english

Hi,

I'm looking for a person who could help me in understanding english texts. I like to read (sci-fi) books and as you know - english speaking people have written a couple of really good sci-fi books. It's not that i'm going to ask about the every second sentence in the text but still, at times i would appreciate a help of a native speaker. I'm used to torture my english speaking business partners but they seem to be getting tired of this. Thought i don't know - why?

In turn i would help with reading russian books. Well, or with the web.

And another thing - i would prefer instant messaging like IRC, ICQ, MSN, AIM or what do you use to talk online. I don't believe in e-mails..

Thank you.

ps. Looks like a nice forum.

Yes.. an e-mail for initial contact: help_me@mail15.com

Почтенный гражданин
    If you are going to get “from time to time” help then you can better use “English for Russians” or “English As a Second Language” sections. You will receive replays not from only one but from many native speakers with so many different opinions that as a result you'll stop understand anything.

“I don't believe in e-mails…” Sounds like an aphorism. Maybe I'll write it down and put on the wall…

*мрахачубытра умнавыгадха*

Quote Originally Posted by Tu-160
    If you are going to get “from time to time” help then you can better use “English for Russians” or “English As a Second Language” sections.
    Time to time? Well.. several times a day. Does it count as a time to time? Actually i think everything goes from time to time, 'cause we have to take a nap on a periodical basis. :mgreen:

You will receive replays not from only one but from many native speakers with so many different opinions that as a result you'll stop understand anything.
    It's unlikely. You see, others' opinions are required just to prove that i'm right.
    :mgreen: Kidding.

The problem is that i really dislike the forums. I mean the technology of forums by itself. There had been only one case when i was sitting for a long time on a forum, which we had been using almost as a chat and had created a thread of a ~10000 messages or so. It's crashed though.
    Why do i dislike them?? A lot of reasons but i think my old fidonet roots have played the main role in it.

“I don't believe in e-mails…” Sounds like an aphorism. Maybe I'll write it down and put on the wall…
    okay, just don't forget to put '(c) sai' whenever you use it as a good lawful citizen . :mgreen:

*мрахачубытра умнавыгадха*
    фурундупоперный бурундупеп.

Новичок
    I can help you out if you like but I cannot speak Russian! [/b][/i]