Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Russian - your English

Re: My Russian - your English

to condescend to do something
    Yeah! That's it.
    Another month ends. All targets met. All systems working. All customers satisfied. All staff eagerly enthusiastic. All pigs fed and ready to fly.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dogboy182
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugene-p
    Everyone corrects everyone else's stupid typos
    How can people learn a language over the forum other way than being corrected? Deign to offer something, please...
    And most of those weren't typos. Stop cheating.
    Deign? wtf is that even supposed to mean? I don't correct your Russian. Don't correct my English.

See how this could go on forever?? I'm a native English speaker. You don't need to correct me when one of my fingers overlooks one letter on a damn keyboard. I guess everyone got the message.

Correct/Corrects, who the hell cares? Главное что дргу дргуа понимаем... But one everyone tries to one-up everyone else with their 'grammar knowledge' or whatever you want to call it, it kills the conversation pretty quick.

Thats why no one liked Olga, (Mean comment. Deleted. L.)
    Have to disagree with you on your Olga comment. I liked her. She was a big help in my Russian learning. I miss her here and hope that she comes back.

Scott

Завсегдатай

How does one typo make people dumber?

I forgot one S on one word. I didn't even forget it my fingers didn't press one letter and now that somehow contributes to Russians learning English wrong?

How is that even a valid argument? I'm pretty sure when I was learning Russian and I read that the ending for ты is ишь and I was like, OK, I got it. If some Russian was typing on a forum and typed говориш instead of говоришь on accident it wouldn't have ruined my entire Russian language learning experience. I guess I would have been like, hey, a typo, and not try to correct someone who's language I didn't even have the ability to speak fluently. Don't correct my English unless you can speak it like a native. I don't correct your Russian.

Lampada, you have the right to correct my English (IF you deem it necessary, and if typos bother you that much, ok that is your right as a moderator) because you speak English, but still, I would never correct your Russian, because I know that you know how to speak it.

Believe me, I know how to speak English, I don't need anyone's help.

Thanks.

So, you want help with English? Forget the word deign. No one ever uses this, ever.

You're welcome.
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

Завсегдатай

Quote Originally Posted by Lampada
    Correct/Corrects, who the hell cares?
    I do.

Thats why no one liked Olga, (Mean comment. Deleted. L.)
    This is your opinion and I just happened to know that it's wrong.
    Your rude comments are not called for, really. You know we are here to study languages.
    Like when she told a beginner he was too stupid to learn Russian because he couldn't decline huge numbers during his like second week ever or studying Russian? Oh yeah, such a nice gal.

You might think I'm an ass because I tell the truth but I would never ever discourage someone from learning anything or tell them they're not smart enough for something. Or ever use a word like deign.

That word is so uncommon even google tries to correct your spelling when you type it.

Возможно, вы имели в виду: Design

Seriously, try it...
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

Believe me, I know how to speak English, I don't need anyone's help.

So, you want help with English? Forget the word deign. No one ever uses this, ever.
    Thanks. (Don't say you're welcome, u did it already)
    Another month ends. All targets met. All systems working. All customers satisfied. All staff eagerly enthusiastic. All pigs fed and ready to fly.

Увлечённый спикер

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Happy Go Lucky
    Your English isn't any good, not "very well", lol.
    Fair enough. Is your Russian any better though?
    Touche.
    Aint it a shame you cant say fu_ck?
    Fu_ck is just a word and it's all fu_cked up.

Увлечённый спикер

Maybe in speech people don't use that particular word.
    But isn't it a bit presumptuous of you to opine that we must forget it?
    For instance you're reading a book and this word jumps at you, what are you gonna do then? Look it up? Looking words up all the time while reading is retarded, besides it can turn you off a good insightful book in a jiffy.

@ Learners: the word deign is awesome, disregard Mr Dogboy's comment about it. If he chooses the path of ignorance in his life, it's his right, different strokes for different folks. Knock yourself out, Dogboy, we won't insist you learn it!
    It doesn't mean in any way you, learners, have to make the same choice. Over-achievement should not be shunned, go that extra mile and learn all about deign. Maybe it will come in handy some day. You're better off with knowing "deign".

The beauty of English is in its abundance of words, it has set a record for the biggest vocab. No language can beat it.

For instance you're reading a book and this word jumps at you, what are you gonna do then? Look it up? Looking words up all the time while reading is retarded, besides it can turn you off a good insightful book in a jiffy.
    I guess after such a hot discussion everyone on the forum knows this word anyway, and won't forget it for the rest of their lives. Even Dogboy.

Завсегдатай

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene-p
    I guess after such a hot discussion everyone on the forum knows this word anyway, and won't forget it for the rest of their lives. Even Dogboy.
    What word?

And even if I did remember it, which I don't, I can guarantee you that I never would have heard it again in my life. But how would I know anyways? Since I already forgot it.

Новичок

I am from Russia too!
    my icq: 357526901

Увлечённый спикер

Since I already forgot it.
    Case in point...,
    Will you deign to answer me, mr dough boy? Or, I almost forgot, you aren't cognizant of this word. Never mind then.
    Anyways, moving on!

Завсегдатай

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Happy Go Lucky
    Since I already forgot it.
    Case in point...,
    Will you deign to answer me, mr dough boy? Or, I almost forgot, you aren't cognizant of this word. Never mind then.
    Anyways, moving on!
    Answer what? You didn't even ask a question... You don't have a case or a point. There's not even anything to move on from.

Also theres a difference between over achieving and coming off like a douche. Using the word deign will definitely scare people away from talking to you.

By all means, learn the word. Just use it with extreme caution. There, are we all happy now? Moving on...

Увлечённый спикер

Hehe, I don't need to learn it, I learned it when I was like all of 14 years old, at school, while doing my reading assignments. And believe me I don't need your instructions on how cautiously I should use it. I know all of its usage, all I need to know. Of course I know not to use it in a bar when ordering a shot of martini.
    I know a whole slew of words, sometimes people even ask me "what's that word you just used mean?". which I take as a compliment of course. I'm very proud of my accomplishment. Broadening my horizons word-wise has always been on my agenda.
    but i don't think we're on the same wavelength, so I just shut up.

Завсегдатай

Considering I taught myself Russian, I'm not really worried about my word arsenal either. But good job though!
    I bet if I stuck with one language I'd probably be pretty good at it too. Now I just mumble in two...

Новичок

Privet! kak dela? Menya zavyt Eliot i will help you in english for russian, my skype is eliotartigue77 or yahoo ID is wizard1183

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12