Thread: Looking for Russian penpal...

Почётный участник

Looking for Russian penpal...

hi Everyone.. just looking to correspond with a Native russian speaker.. preferably a female speaker.. no im not looking to hook up lol but i just prefer chatting with females... im in NY and speak english and spanish... :P
    How I wish, how i wish you were here. Were just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl. Year after Year. Running over the same ground, have we found, same old fear. Wish you were here.

Почётный участник
    Well since no one replied i will tell everyone some things about myself... im 33 yrs old & living in NY in the jewelry industry (sales) .... i love classic rock and metal but listen to other music as well such as blues, classical, new age, etc... I am also a movie buff and try to see one movie a week on the weekends if im free from work... I also love to gamble and most recently im into poker hence my username on this site (Rounders is a movie about poker players) ... I am also a language lover hence why I am trying to learn Russian... currently I am also trying to learn Italian, French, Tagalog and Mandarin... when i have the time which isn't much lately because i am working alot of hours lately... anyways hope this helps and I will get some responses.. if any questions let me know...
    How I wish, how i wish you were here. Were just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl. Year after Year. Running over the same ground, have we found, same old fear. Wish you were here.

Властелин
    Rounder22,

IMHO, it's better first to move a bit further than memorizing the alphabet and a dozen of phrases. A native speaker will be of no help to you at your very first steps in Russian. Too many of languages to learn at once and too little of time don't provide quick progress.

You should also realize that non-English speakers cannot distinguish slang expressions/spellings/ways of writing from the standard ones. I don't mean you personally; any native speaker, regardless of what language s/he agrees to teach, must be responsible for what s/he writes.

Prove yourself that you are really interested in learning Russian, that you won't give up after the first couple of lessons, and I will be glad to be your pal

Почётный участник
    Hi Thanks for replying... currently im learning the Cyrillic alphabet... so far i think i have a,t,o,m,k,b,p,c,h,e,y and X down .. though X im still trying to learn how to pronounce... anyways let me know how you want to correspond.. i have AOL, MSN , Yahoo, and IcQ messengers...