Thread: Looking for a russian penfriend

Новичок

Looking for a russian penfriend

Hello !

I wish to communicate and build a friendly relationship with a russian girl by email and maybe with good old paper letters.

This person must:

-Be a girl
    -Be under 30 yo
    -Lives in Russia (Ukraine could be interesting though)
    -Be interested to tell me a lot bout her, her culture, and everything that looks trite at first.
    -Be able to communicate in English or French.

About me:

I’m a funny guy, always trying (not so hard) to be serious but rarely capable to. I studied in business sciences at university and right now I wear brown socks each morning and try to look (I do not try so hard no more) like the accountant I am. I’m interested by every subjects from science to fashion, from history to computers and movies to literature. I doubt you can bug me with no topic at all. I love technology, music (a lot), nightlife, cinema, computer game, body-building, and most of all, a damn good coffee! But be aware that I pour not less than 5 sugar bags in my coffee cups. (Sometimes up to 7 if I face a big cup) I’m good looking and single… If it’s a concern you’ll already know.

I speak / write in English and French and want to learn Russian. (I know the basics of the alphabet, I can read but don’t understand what that means…) I want you to help me learn your language.

I’m 26 yo, I live in Canada, province of Qu
    Magic KC
    at your service

mike
    Alex, for the love of God get the pen pals section back up so these losers will stop cyberdating in here

Maybe I should start a dating service... and charge money for this :P
    ~ Мастерадминов Мастерадмин Мастерадминович ~

z80
    Почтенный гражданин
    Theres a guy at the new place where I got transfered to that sounded Russian. So I emailed him. I said "Are you Russian?".

He said "So what if I am"

I said "Cause I want to black mail you in to helping me with my Russian"

He said "so why did you become interested in Russian, a love affair I assume"

I said "Nope. Ladas"

Suddenly he wasn't so cold and then we started talking about brat and stuff.

I understand why Russians get pissed off so much about this because I get pissed off with western men treating Russia like a dam sex supermarket.

Cant the Russian government introduce compulsory sterilization for these perverts?

At the very least can't you just set the datting section so that all posts go to /dev/null ????

Besides if your a loser in the west, you'll probably be a bigger loser in the east.
    I hate Signatures

mike
    Well, I think it's more about looking for a long-term relationship than just sex. Even I will admit their accents are very attractive. But I doubt people who learn a foreign language just to meet women/men have a high success rate or stay with it very long.

Новичок
    I remember I was taking a class and this Russian girl was in it, so this guy kept hitting on her with lame jokes about the communist era.
    Most great men were considered insane before they changed the world, and some never changed it...they were just insane.

mike
    I want to hear some of them. They can't be any worse than Yakov Smirnov. Man, that guy really annoys the hell out of me. He sounds like a muppet and his cameo appearances ruined both Moscow on the Hudson and Night Court.

Завсегдатай
    Last time i cracked a joke about russians i ended up getting my ass kicked... now they love me. i guess it was like my initiation or some crap.
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

Старший оракул
    Of course they don't want to be critisized. They actually like (or even LOVE) to critisize their own country and culture in a very derogatory way, but when a foreigner does so, many of them (even the most dissidents in Soviet times) become ultrapatriots.

mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Propp
    Of course they don't want to be critisized. They actually like (or even LOVE) to critisize their own country and culture in a very derogatory way, but when a foreigner does so, many of them (even the most dissidents in Soviet times) become ultrapatriots.
    I think this is true of most countries/groups/religions. Even I am less reluctant to laugh at something someone says about the US if they don't have to actually live here. What do they know about it? It's like if you own a 1972 rust-covered Dodge Aspen with a torn up interior and no muffler. Of course it's a total piece of shit, and it's funny to joke with your friends that you have to start the ignition with a screwdriver, but you'd still be offended if some guy on the street made fun of it.

Новичок
    Here's a funny way of dealing with someone who is ripping on you; you'll only get this joke if you live in America or familiar with the U.S. Bill of Rights.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    O.P.: *Some sort of negative comment*
    You:"Well, I don't agree with what you just said but I'll defend to the
    death your right to say it."
    O.P.: "You're so stupid."
    You: "What! don't you ever say that again!" *punch the guy out*
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What, nothing...come on, that was atleast a little funny.
    Most great men were considered insane before they changed the world, and some never changed it...they were just insane.

Почтенный гражданин
    The Russian girl got me (cos she is a pimp) only after then did I get sorta interested in the language.

I AM THE MOON MONSTER!!!
    Call to a hardware store: "I'm sure you know more about the caulk than I do...tell me...is there a taste to the caulk?".

Завсегдатай
    to whoever wanted deh penfriend:
    http://www.penpalnet.com
    go to Search By Country, Russia, etc. then you can be as specific and choosy as you want

I did look at the "Penpals" section in masterrussian once, but the majority of people there are non-russians looking to communicate with russians. you had to go about 5 pages in before you found one, and i'm sure they're flooded with mails now. [/url]

Новичок
    The Russian girl got me (cos she is a pimp) only after then did I get sorta interested in the language.

I AM THE MOON MONSTER!!!

What are you talking about?

Завсегдатай
    I don't think anyone knows. He's pretty incoherent most of the time