Thread: Looking to learn Russian

Новичок

Looking to learn Russian

Hello everyone, my name is Nicolas, and I am from Ontario, Canada. I've always had a facination with Russia, and the language. I tried to self learn 3 years ago, but I gave up, it was hard trying to learn from a simple tourbook, and I had to concentrate on school studies and other things. I'd like to give it a shot again and see how I can do.

If anyone is interested, let me know, you can email me at wildcard832[at]hotmail[dot]com.

Thank you,
    Nicolas

Увлечённый спикер
    hey
    im from ontario too. im just learning russian right now so i cant help you too much but maybe we can help each other

Властелин
    Feel free to ask here Multitude of heads are better than one
    -- Да? Коту Ваське, бл##?
    -- Нет, Я кот Васька :-/

Увлечённый спикер
    thanks
    where are you from.

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent Tailors
    Feel free to ask here Multitude of heads are better than one
    Multitudes of heads are better than one.
    or
    A multitude of heads is better than one.

Увлечённый спикер
    a multitude of heads are better than one

Властелин
    where are you from.
    I'm from Russia

Multitudes of heads are better than one.
    or
    A multitude of heads is better than one.
    Thank you, and I saw it without an article in some quotation... I'll dig it up in a day or two :P

Увлечённый спикер
    cool
    so what are you into. its the warmest time of the year in canada so ive been cycling and at the beach quite a bit. maybe you can help me out. ive been looking for some russian music. i really like the sound of russian metal and hiphop but i dont know any band names or really where to get any.

Властелин
    so ive been cycling
    MAN YOU'RE THE MAN!!! (c) Dogboy
    You ccycle!!! That's cool! I'm the biggest, the most devoted fan of bicycling!!! What discipline do you practice?! MTB or Racing? Or if MTB, XC, DH, NS, Freeride, Weekend rides?!

ive been looking for some russian music. i really like the sound of russian metal and hiphop but i dont know any band names or really where to get any.
    What bands do you already know?

Увлечённый спикер
    over the years i have tried most types of cycling. right now i am into trials riding (like ot pi or ryan leech), cross country, and track. i still do a bit of free ride. im not sure if you have heard of whistler or the "north shore" of canada but those are the biggest mountain bike areas in the country. i am not really close to them but i do a lot of riding in ontario and quebec. what kind of cycling are you into. i work at a bicycle store so i am familiar with most aspects of the sport.

Властелин
    Yes, I know what "North Shore" is . But I'm an XC fan. I don't generally like trials or BMX stunts. I like speed and off-road. A bit of dirt jumping and freeride. Well, I'm new to this sport (not long ago I bought my first serious bike), but I'm fond of it. My bike is a middle range all-mountain device with full Alivio, aluminum alloy frame and RockShox Judy XC fork, double rims Alexrims DH-19. It was my first season this year and during the winter I'm going to upgrade my fork (Judy XC is a beginner's freeride fork and it's too rigid for XC), wanna buy an XC one, then replace derailleurs to Deore XT, shifters, mount a front disc hydraulic brake (Hayes maybe) and that will be perfect!!! If you work at a shop maybe you would be so kind to clarify some aspects for me (in choosing bike parts and so on!) I'll help you with Russian in any way I can!

Увлечённый спикер
    that sounds like a pretty good set up. i would recommend changing the fork when you are able to. rockshox are pretty good. also xt components are really good, the're not as expensive as xtr but you get a lot of the technology. right now i am mostly into xc as well. i have a jamis dakota comp.
    is mountain biking very big in russia? i cant say i have heard of any riding spots there.

Властелин
    Thanks.
    What do you think of cheap RST Capa and Gila forks? I don't really know anything about their stability/reliability. They're pretty cheap, elastomer forks with travel about 75-80 mm (enough for xc, isn't it? ) Or what fork would you personally recommend for a better XC experience? Money doesn't matter, but of course I won't buy a fork for $800 and higher.

is mountain biking very big in russia? i cant say i have heard of any riding spots there.
    Well, it quite is. At least there're plenty of MTB amateur clubs there and almost every town with population above 200k has one. We in our small town have a bicycle touring club "Scheisseweg", they practice long tours around our "region" (which is equal to Germany in size) but I don't really mess with them. Also I see bunches of BMXers at our main square.

Увлечённый спикер
    they are ok for for starter forks but i would recommened (if you can) to get a fork like the manitou axel (about $400 canadian) its light, has travel adjustment and has lock out.