Thread: Language exchange (right now, right here!!!)

Language exchange (right now, right here!!!)

In this forum (Penpals and Language Exchange) all threads have 2-3 posts and all have approximately such contents: "I am looking for penpal, my e-mail/icq/skype is..." and then these peoples will disappears. No, I'm don't meaning what is it bad - to find pal, at once a pen, in other country it is great, of course. The task of this theme is little bit another, namely: language exchange. It is similar to penpal, except personal part since all of this to show off everybody. Just get anything text on the native language and trying to translate into that, wich you is studying (English, Russian, German... any, all in all). Then host of the language makes corrections and posts own translation... etc.

Well, a couple of recommendation about design to easier to understand. Lets giving two variants: on the native language (by magenta color) and own translation (by blue color). Mistakes will mark by a red color and more preferable translation will mark by dark green. So it will be easier for all. Okay, lets start. I will not start, because I'm tired of translate this post into English.

В этом форуме (Penpals and Language Exchange) во всех темах 2-3 поста и все имеют примерно такое содержание: "Ищу друга по переписке, мой мэйл/аська/скайп такой-то...", а потом эти люди пропадают. Нет, я не говорю, что это плохо - завести друга, хоть и по переписке, в другой стране это, конечно, здорово. Задача этой темы немного другая, а именно: совместное изучение языков. Похожа на друзей по переписке, только ничего личного т.к. это всё выставлено на всеобщее обозрение. Просто берем любой текст на родном языке и переводим на тот, который изучаем (английский, русский, немецкий... любой, в общем). Потом носитель этого языка вносит исправления и постит свой перевод... и т.д.

Ну и парочка рекомендаций по оформлению, чтобы потом было легче разобраться. Давайте предоставлять два варианта: на родном языке (сиреневым цветом) и свой перевод (синим цветом). Ошибки выделять красным, а более предпочтительный перевод темно-зеленым. Так будет проще для всех. Ну что ж, начнём. Я начинать не буду, т.к. уже замучился переводить свой пост на английский.
    English as a Second Language by Jeff McQuillan and Lucy Tse.

Re: Language exchange (right now, right here!!!)

Does anybody here study foreign language? Seems no. Well, then it will be my diary in which I will write in English. I’ll be glad, if somebody will join in the sequel. We will be correct each other. I can correct only Russian, but you can write in any language, sooner or later here will appear a host of language which you are studying.

Ok, let’s start. Not long ago I have visited some Russian forum and there someone had offered a children’s riddle for sake of joke.

Three turtles are creeping on the plane.
    One speaks: two turtles are creeping behind of me.
    Another speaks: in front of me one turtle and behind of me one turtle.
    Third speaks: two turtles are creeping in front of me and one behind.
    Question: In which case it is possible?

Here are most interesting answers:

1. If the plane is not Euclidean.

2. It is possible if you are heavy smoker, because speaking turtles are not exists.

3. It can be if all three turtles can speak and third turtle speak a lie.

4. Answer: there four turtles.

5. The grass was good. (grass as drug, I don’t know how translate this)

6. Third turtle is overtaking other.

7. Fourth turtle is not creeping, but standing behind third and from one side of others two.

8. Last turtle has dual personality...

9. Maybe there are mirror there?

10. Don’t listen to third turtle, it is a lying.

11. It is elementary! Three turtles are CREEPING and one is STANDING on the plane behind others. Well, you are cannot guess a children’s riddle. Though I will not deny doubtful value of words third turtle.

12. They are creeping to the rails and fourth turtle is overtaking train.

13. It seems to me that last turtle try to avoid from army by poor eyesight.
    English as a Second Language by Jeff McQuillan and Lucy Tse.