Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Norwegians

Почтенный гражданин
    VendingMachine

How on Earth do you manage to blacklist usernames in this forum?

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by Tu-160
    VendingMachine

How on Earth do you manage to blacklist usernames in this forum?
    I access the forum through a series of php scripts on my local Apache server - they act as some sort of filter, in other words I added an extra level of indirection. I can pick out the articles I want to read and block those I don't using a set of rather hairy regular expressions. In fact, I do a similar thing for a variety of popular search engines and a bunch of other forums. Like to keep things well organised, myself. I did this because I wanted to learn some web programming and simply running examples from a book didn't look like a good way to go about it so I thought I'd do something *useful* while I was at it.
    Show yourself - destroy our fears - release your mask

mihkkal

mihkkal (or mikkel, which is his real name) is actually norwegian and sami, believe it or not. (I should know, since I am a friend of his)

about his trying to transscribe norwegian with english spelling, one could say that the attempt didn't quite succeed.
    Therefore it is understandable that people question his command of the Norwegian language. :P

Завсегдатай

Re: mihkkal

Quote Originally Posted by guest called Jon
    mihkkal (or mikkel, which is his real name) is actually norwegian and sami, believe it or not. (I should know, since I am a friend of his)

about his trying to transscribe norwegian with english spelling, one could say that the attempt didn't quite succeed.
    Therefore it is understandable that people question his command of the Norwegian language. :P
    So, Mihkkal is now paying people to go to forums to testify about his Norwegianness/Saaminness. How cute. Then he really must be Norwegian. Who would dare doubt the opinion of someone whose nick begins with "guest something"... This is getting scarier and scarier by the minute, I might even have to eat my own words... That'll be the day, huh.

Mihkkal
    Eto, ja ne ponimaiu The grammars were perfect...

Or maybe the Russian Bachelor is slowly taking away even my mother tongue... The habit of thinking Russian is allready eating the Saami language out of my brain: Everytime I try to speak in a third language (Norwegian=1 and English=2) Russian keeps popping into my head no matter what I'm trying to think of.

Good thing you've finally made it to this site, JS, now you just have to get yourself a password.

Почтенный гражданин

The greatest Norwegian

The greatest Norwegian must still be the composer Edvard Grieg...
    that is my opinion anyway, which is correct...
    Листьев не обожгло, Веток не обломало
    День промыт как стекло, только этого мало

Jeg vil laere russisk. Men det maate jo vaere saa himla vanskelig.
    Med alfabetet. Jeg vil saa gjerne. Men gir opp snart. Er 17, har andre ting aa finne paa, men russisk lokker meg for mye.
    Noen som har noen tips? Paa hvordan man kan lettere laere alfabetet, og saant. Jeg setter pris paa det !

Почтенный гражданин
    Jeg vil laere russisk. Men det maate jo vaere saa himla vanskelig.
    Med alfabetet. Jeg vil saa gjerne. Men gir opp snart. Er 17, har andre ting aa finne paa, men russisk lokker meg for mye.
    Noen som har noen tips? Paa hvordan man kan lettere laere alfabetet, og saant. Jeg setter pris paa det !
    Varf
    blame Canada

Подающий надежды оратор

ALSO

As many of you haven't yet added, norway sweden, iceland and denamrk and finland are all some of the most gorgeous countries in the world, and like where i study in scotland have the most beutiful mountains, the cleanest water etc!

THEY ARE THE BEST FEUTURES. Agrree?

Volodya
    Владимир Герлокович

Завсегдатай

Re: ALSO

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir
    As many of you haven't yet added, norway sweden, iceland and denamrk and finland are all some of the most gorgeous countries in the world
    THEY ARE THE BEST FEUTURES. Agrree?
    Now that's a highly subjective opinion and can be easily challanged.

Подающий надежды оратор
    I guess I'm a few months too late to take part in this debate, but what the hell!

Stop it both of you! The lyrics are written in Norwegian, there's no doubt about it, but it's not "proper" Norwegian when considering the word order and a little of the spelling.

And just a final note, you guys should learn the SAMPA alphabet of pronounciation. It's a simplification of the IPA, all in regular/latin letters. http://www.brainyencyclopedia.com/encyc ... sampa.html

Почётный участник
    There was an extremely lovely female, Norwegian exchange student in my german class at high school a few years ago...and i mean she was hhhooooottttttt....

--plastic

Почтенный гражданин
    I hope nobody will reward that with a response
    blame Canada

Почтенный гражданин
    I'm wondering just how different Norwegian is from Swedish and Danish.Could someone give me an idea of how well I'd communicate in Norway if I had semi-fluency in Swedish AND Danish?

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by Plastic-Saint
    There was an extremely lovely female, Norwegian exchange student in my german class at high school a few years ago...and i mean she was hhhooooottttttt....

--plastic
    d00d....do u hav pics?????

Почтенный гражданин
    Kamion, I think Pravit's credibility on this forum is slipping.

Being Norwegian (now now, settle down, no need to go crazy), I can tell you that if you know either Swedish or Norwegian you will be able to make yourself understood in all of scandinavia.

Norwegians understand Swedes, Swedes Norwegians, Danes understand Norwegians and Swedes, but nobody understands the Danes. I have an inkling that they do not even understand themselves! In written form Norwegian and Danish is 85% indentical. The problem lies in that the Danish don't pronounce consonants... sounds like they swallowed a potatoe...

Regarding anybody dissing Norway and our lack of impact in world history!
    A) We DID colonize Iceland (woohoo), Greenland (woohoo) and America (ok, doesn't count)
    B) We saved the world in WWII by sabotaging the German heavywater factory in Rjukan, whose heavywater was used in the German nuclear program
    C) We are the mediators on Sri Lanka between the LTTE and the government
    D) UN Development Report: Best country to live in -> Norway 4th year running
    E) 3rd most Oil-exporting country in the world (was 2nd, but Russia surpassed us recently. Saudi Arabia no. 1)
    F) Leading experts in shipbuilding and oilplatforms
    G) Paperclip, Cheesegrater, Hand Grenade, Telemark Skiing, Lutefisk, Exploding Harpoons (um... maybe I should stop)
    H) 98% of our energy we get from renewable water energy, minimal pollution.
    I) Longest tunnel in the world, most northern city in the world, most northern railway station in the world, first person on the South Pole, Last people to invade England (1066)
    J) Until recently Norwegian leader of WHO
    K) Nobel peace prize
    J) Edvard Grief, Edvard Much, Henrik Ibsen, Henrik Abel, Roald Amundsen, Knut Hamsun, Vidkun Quisling (speaking of x-nazis), Rurik (they say), A-HA, Aqua (lead singer was Norwegian)

Not bad for a country of 4 million people... I think
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

We DID colonize Iceland (woohoo), Greenland (woohoo) and America (ok, doesn't count)
    hehe
    Of course Norway is a fantastic and uniqu country, just as every other

Except Sweden...
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by kalinka_vinnie
    Except Sweden...
    And yet we, the might Swedes, owned Norway for quite some time....

And Brett, even though mr kalinka has some weird ideas about the greatness of Norway he
    blame Canada

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast