Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Grandmother Was Polish...

Почтенный гражданин
    Gollandski Yozh, since you asked who I was adopted by I will tell you. I was adopted by my adoptive parents that lived in Maine when they adopted us. Three and a half years later they got a nasty divorce and my adoptive father left for good, and our adoptive mother sent us to live with her brother(who has one son and his wife.) who lives in New York. We don't see her usually, but sometimes on holidays. And we never got to know her real real well, because we only lived with her for 3 years and a half and we lived with her brother for 7 years, so hes really more like a parent than they were. I spent more time in the orphanage than I did with my adoptive parents. When we were with them, they were good to us, but we like it better with our uncle. He's going to take us to visit our first mother back in Ukraine. It is sort of complicated story... If I made it seem sort of confusing you can ask me anything. lol
    *Женя*

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Евгения(Женя)
    Gollandski Yozh, since you asked who I was adopted by I will tell you. I was adopted by my adoptive parents that lived in Maine when they adopted us. Three and a half years later they got a nasty divorce and my adoptive father left for good, and our adoptive mother sent us to live with her brother(who has one son and his wife.) who lives in New York. We don't see her usually, but sometimes on holidays. And we never got to know her real real well, because we only lived with her for 3 years and a half and we lived with her brother for 7 years, so hes really more like a parent than they were. I spent more time in the orphanage than I did with my adoptive parents. When we were with them, they were good to us, but we like it better with our uncle. He's going to take us to visit our first mother back in Ukraine. It is sort of complicated story... If I made it seem sort of confusing you can ask me anything. lol
    Complicated story? Girl, complicated doesn't even begin to describe it!
    "мужчина в самом рассвете сил"

Почтенный гражданин
    Yes it is complicated and long and there are lots of little parts to it . Our mom in Maine is going to come visit for a few days to see us during our school vacation(My uncle told me today). I think thats in two weeks or something, maybe three. But her father died in November of a heart attack, so she hasn't been visiting us as often because she's been with her mother(who lives in Main too.) But we've always written letters. SO COMPLICATED! I never really understood why she made us live with our uncle.....
    *Женя*

Почётный участник
    my mom's parents are polish, they speak it just fine, they moved here ages ago, and dont use it much.
    her:"yah hachoo.."
    Me:....."BLESS YOU"

Почтенный гражданин
    do you speak Polish too?
    *Женя*

Почётный участник
    Quote Originally Posted by Евгения(Женя)
    do you speak Polish too?
    well if you were asking me...no i speak it a little bit, but hardly at all. i know very little polish
    her:"yah hachoo.."
    Me:....."BLESS YOU"

Почётный участник
    Lost in a Roman wilderness of pain...

Father..... Yes son-> I want to KILL you..........

Mother......... I want..to...... MRHGHRRGGHHHH COME ON YEAHHHHH........
    I do not understand very well the best way of understanding ..

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by carperdiem
    No offense to those who like Texas, just not my cup o' pilsner. Hey, you can't complain about the food. Good food an' all @ Blue Bonnet Cafe. One time I was there and Bush's daughter took a hit of amphetamine at the table RIGHT IN THE SAME ROOM! Oh yeah.... well, not really about the drugs an' all, but she WAS there.
    Well, Texas is the schizz...you know it I know it...lets embrace the universal love for the Lone Star State. Which daughter? Ha, I wouldn't put it past either of 'em. They were always really rude to me, I personally don't like them much. The best food is always the backyard BBQ eats...mmmmm

Увлечённый спикер
    Father..... Yes son-> I want to KILL you..........

Mother......... I want..to...... MRHGHRRGGHHHH COME ON YEAHHHHH........
    Lol. Gross man ! Those Romans!

Geez Evgeniya, I feel like I know you personally now!

Подающий надежды оратор
    i think i might be part polish. but i know i'm part german. funny how that is. they're so similar...no? eh, no, not really, but they're practically identical to me, most every germ and pol i know is blonde. but i'm not. ...funny how that is, 'cause i'm part german and possibly part polish. (ah, by the by...my first post. exciting) why am i posting here? i'm supposed to be learning russian...oh, it would be great to learn polish, too...if time and life allowed. it's a much nicer, prettier language than german, and much different than english(in no way undermining germs). i should prolly stick to russian for now, then i'll learn polish and ukrainian...hey, and then i'll already know byelorussian! ok. enough..i wonder if my great grandmother was polish??
    letet na lunu

Почётный участник
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova
    funny how that is. they're so similar...no? eh, no, not really, but they're practically identical to me, most every germ and pol i know is blonde.

uh...lots of russians are blonde too...hair color is nothing. (germans/poles) they are not similar at all. I think your drunk.

Подающий надежды оратор
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel_of_Death-NZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova
    funny how that is. they're so similar...no? eh, no, not really, but they're practically identical to me, most every germ and pol i know is blonde.

uh...lots of russians are blonde too...hair color is nothing. (germans/poles) they are not similar at all. I think your drunk.

no. not drunk. like i said...i'm not blonde and i'm 1/4 german. and i said, " they're so similar...no? eh, no, not really,..."why? are you blonde? or german? both? i love pollocks. and germans. so, anyway, yeah...i do know one brunette pole, though. surprising. i know one blonde byelorussian and one blonde latvian, but the rest from east europe/russia are brunette, while those i know from poland and germany are blonde, besides one. that's all. but no, i'm not drunk. actually, i don't drink. i must get back to work. paka
    letet na lunu

Nova...your weird...there is no relation between germany and poland. There is not a blonde hair majority in poland. There are many blonde russians and dark haired poles.

polish president and his wife

ooohhhh...look at all the dark haired poles

shiney boots and dark haird poles.

some blonde haired russians

see Nova...[/i]

Подающий надежды оратор
    o boy. such extensive work to prove me wrong. congratulations! you win. that's ok, i'm not proud.
    there. you win. i believe you. i'm wrong. but good job. they were nice, clear pictures. great evidence. well done.

by the way, guest, you spell "your" (you are) the same way as angel. sometimes i'm observant.
    TAK...

does anyone know how to say "of course" in polish? is it the same as it is in russian, "konyeshno"?
    also, how would you say "thank you very much"?

spasibo
    letet na lunu

"of cource" in Polish...

"of cource" in Polish is "oczywiście"
    "thank you very much" would be "dziękuję bardzo"

With regards,

Michal [/code]

Почтенный гражданин
    Dzien dobry, wszelki. Jak sie pan miewa?

I don't really know how some families develop a 'really' blonde gene, as opposed to blonde/brown, in Eastern European countries. Hungary seems to have a larger percentage of white-haired's compared with other Eastern European countries. Though I'm sure a photo-gallery could be provided on their dark-haired populous , there is a linguistic link to back this one up. Hungarian is linguistically linked with Finnish (way back), and Finns most certainly have more blondes than Poland.

Though the court trial is over in relation to 'most' Poles being blonde, there is a minority who seem to have strikingly light coloured hair. Norwegian like. I'm guessing that the Norse conquests made their way into certain parts of Poland.
    My question; Is there any minority group in Poland which acknowledges any Norse ancestry?

Side note- I do like your photo evidence, Guest . But to play lawyer for a second- I'll pick you up on the fact that those Russian soldiers' hair ...is bleached. (though maybe you knew that).

Почётный участник
    They were soldiers, no bleaching allowed!!!

Старший оракул
    Mychal Duba: How are these pronounced: oczywiście"
    "dziękuję bardzo" If it's possible can you write with Cryllic letters? If not it's no problem.
    Vrei să pleci dar nu ma, nu ma iei
    Nu ma, nu ma iei, nu ma, nu ma, nu ma iei
    Chipul tau si dragostea din tei
    Mi-amintesc de ochii tai

Подающий надежды оратор
    One of my great grandmothers came from Krakow, Poland, and one of my grandmothers was born in eastern Poland, what is now part of Belarus.

Почётный участник
    Thats lovley This thread is about 2 months old.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast