Thread: Природа и красота again :-)

Почтенный гражданин

Природа и красота again :-)

Ой... Как-то все по-новому стало. Типа, brandly new форум...

В общем, в русском можно сказать...
    1. Ветер шумит в верхушках деревьев
    2. Высоко над их головами перешёптывался ветер в кронах деревьев
    3. Ветер тихо шуршал листьями на ветвях
    и т.д.

Это понятие, "ветер в деревьях", на английском будет звучать как "wind in the trees"? Give me your thoughts!

Почтенный гражданин

Re: Природа и красота again :-)

The following quote contains some examples:
    On the way back, I noticed that the breeze in the trees were speaking to me with a much louder voice, and they eased my heart. So went out to talk to them for a while.

I spent the next 5 hours hiking through the woods. Every time the wind rustled through the leaves, I stopped to listen. I thought I was going out to "talk" to the wind in the trees. But it wasn't about talking. It was about
    listening.

The rustling of the leaves spoke in a language without words. There was nothing for my head to grasp. Instead, it spoke straight to my heart. High on a hilltop, with the wind rustling the grasses, I felt Vikki's presence, accompanied by a powerful healing force. It eased the pain, and made acceptance possible.

The next morning, I awoke with thoughts of the time we shared. I found myself focusing on her life, rather than being consumed by her death. Her last months were filled with hope, joy--and lots of ice cream. She had no regrets. She said that knowing she only had a few months to live gave her a whole new perspective on life, and she focused on what was important.

She taught me a lot about how to live. The wind in the trees made it possible for me to hear the lessons
    http://blogs.sun.com/coolstuff/entry/me ... he_wind_in

Here's a quote using "treetops":
    Midway through that first night, a distant, muffled sound awakened me. I strained to identify it above the sound of my dad's noisy snoring. I wondered whether I should tap Daddy's shoulder or tough it out myself? I decided to let the night run its course.

With trembling hands I lifted a window flap to peek outside. The full moon had coated our campsite in a soft, filmy glow--the perfect setting for wild critters on the prowl. I laid my hand over my neck artery to protect it from a toothy lunge. Much to my relief, I didn't spot a single bear out there. No pythons or gigantic ants, either. Just pure, peaceful solitude punctuated by a continuous whooooooosh-whoosh-whooooosh. The mysterious sound would pause momentarily, then return in a burst, only to reach a near-hush before starting all over again.

I tiptoed out of my sleeping bag and eased the door zipper up just enough to have a look out front. A clump of Ponderosa pine stood at attention--strong, silent soldiers guarding our home-away-from-home. One of the skinnier trees leaned slightly to the left, followed by another tree, then another. As the whooshing picked up speed, needly branches waves at me, like dignitaries in a parade.

Suddenly I understood. I had been hearing the wind--wind in the treetops! Half-relieved and totally awed, I crouched there in the doorway for several minutes, hugging my knees to ward off the chill. I pondered how God had stitched the world together, from deserts and forests to deep canyons and lush green valleys; and how he never wavered in his duties as God of the universe. He sent the sunshine and rain right on time. He held the stars and moon in their assigned place, and rustled the treetops while we slept. When I crawled back beneath the layers of my still-warm sleeping bag, I felt a deep sense of comfort and security.
    http://macromoments.blogspot.com/2005/0 ... etops.html

Почтенный гражданин

Re: Природа и красота again :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Watts
    The following quote contains some examples:
    On the way back, I noticed that the breeze in the trees were speaking to me with a much louder voice, and they eased my heart. So went out to talk to them for a while.
    Thank you, Ken!