Thread: Положение о служебных командировках

Положение о служебных командировках

How can one title that document in English? It's a usual inner corporate document that describes the standard paperwork procedures when sending someone to a business trip (all about compensations, train/plane tickets, hotel reservations, etc).

My literal attempt of translation doesn't look very nice IMO, is there a common name for that? 'Provisions on official/business travelling' Is it ok?

And another question, when C.E.O. or other high ranking official issues a written order to staff - do you still call it 'an order' or there is another word for that?

Edit:
    At least I need English equvalents for the following terms:
    Служебная командировка
    Командировочные расходы
    Командировочное удостоверение
    Служебное задание
    Авансовый отчет
    Суточные
    Send me a PM if you need me.

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia
    The only one I am fairly certain about is the last one. Суточные
    Per Diem. Which is from Latin, by the way.
    A Per Diem is a daily allowance of money given to the person to spend for such things as meals and small personal items.
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Почтенный гражданин
    I'd use "Business Travel Regulations" for your title.

I can't help you with the others. Google translations made a mess of them, so I don't really know what they mean.

Quote Originally Posted by paulb

I can't help you with the others. Google translations made a mess of them, so I don't really know what they mean.
    Business travel/trip
    Business travel expenses
    Business travel certificate
    Assignment form (it's a standard form a person uses to confirm his credentials at the destination - his name and position)
    Expense report/sheet (also a standard form he lists all his expenses upon coming back).
    Per diems/travel allowance (see DDT's answer).

The only question that worries me now is whether I'd picked the correct terms for Business travel certificate and Assignment form

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramil
    Quote Originally Posted by paulb

Business travel/trip
    Business travel expenses
    Business travel certificate
    Assignment form (it's a standard form a person uses to confirm his credentials at the destination - his name and position)
    Expense report/sheet (also a standard form he lists all his expenses upon coming back).
    Per diems/travel allowance (see DDT's answer).

The only question that worries me now is whether I'd picked the correct terms for Business travel certificate and Assignment form
    Hmmm. I think this might be a cultural problem rather than a language problem. I've never heard of an assignment form or a business travel certificate. I think maybe they are things not normally used by american businesses. I would use "travel credentials" instead of "assignment form". It's a little bit vague, but it's the closest term for what you are talking about.

Is the "business travel certificate" a form saying that the travel has been approved by someone? If so, I would use "travel authorization (form)".

Is the "business travel certificate" a form saying that the travel has been approved by someone? If so, I would use "travel authorization (form)".
    It's an A4 paper that has the name of the organization he works for, his name, his position in this organization, where he goes and why he goes. It is intended to confirm that the guy at the door is not just a guy but an official representative of the organisation that sent him.
    It has signatures of top-level officials and a seal imprint (every legal body in Russia must have a registered seal).

The text describes more or less standard paperwork that is common in Russia (the principles are set in the Labour Code and these documents are necessary as a confirmation before the tax inspectors). How would you call them if you wanted to describe them to a foreigner working in Russia.

Expense sheet is a form you have to fill to clear your accounts. When they send you somewhere they give you money in advance then they want you to tell them how much did you spend on what. Then they calculate how much to compensate. You have to attach your plane/train tickets, bills from the hotel you lived in, checks from restaurants, etc.

Почтенный гражданин
    Ramil wrote:
    It's an A4 paper that has the name of the organization he works for, his name, his position in this organization, where he goes and why he goes. It is intended to confirm that the guy at the door is not just a guy but an official representative of the organisation that sent him.
    It has signatures of top-level officials and a seal imprint
    Although not exactly the same you might consider one of these terms:
    Letter of Employment
    A document signed by the borrower's employer verifying his/her position and salary. Also called Job Letter; Verification of Employment.
    http://www.ttmf-mortgages.com/applicati ... les&id=751
    Employment verification letter
    http://www.hooyou.com/eb-1/et_documents.html
    Employment Verification Letter-- notarized and apostilled.
    http://library.adoption.com/records/com ... 416/1.html[/b]

Travel authorization

Isn't that last one "Travel Advance" when they give you some money before you travel (in advance), instead of giving it when you return?

I have never heard the term "travel certificate".