Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Passport and Driver's License in USA

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Rep Power

    Passport and Driver's License in USA

    I've recently discovered that in the USA 'passport' is required if an American citizen travels abroad.

    At the same time 'Driver's license' serves as identity card.

    Now, my question is: What if a person doesn't have 'Driver's license' (disabled, never drives, etc.). Assuming such person doesn't travel abroad and doesn't have a passport, what would serve as ID in this case?

  2. #2
    Завсегдатай rockzmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    East Coast, United States
    Rep Power
    yes, minors, people who don't drive or non longer drive... They can all get a state ID Card. You still have to provide all of the documents that you would normally, to prove who you are and are legal.
    I only speak two languages, English and bad English.
    Check out the MasterRussian Music Playlist
    Click here for list of Russian films with English subtitles and links to watch them.

Similar Threads

  1. Without a passport, one can't ...??... in a hotel
    By Оля in forum Learn English - Грамматика, переводы, словарный запас
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: June 20th, 2008, 12:44 AM
  2. A driving license exam in the UK
    By kamka in forum English
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: July 2nd, 2007, 09:33 AM
  3. Suggestions for a personalized license plate
    By Matroskin Kot in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: June 25th, 2007, 05:15 PM
  4. USSR License plates
    By HEKTO in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: June 9th, 2006, 08:05 PM
  5. Taxi Driver, Part Deux
    By sheltown in forum Translate This!
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: April 1st, 2004, 08:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Russian Lessons                           

Russian Tests and Quizzes            

Russian Vocabulary