Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: преdложение

  1. #1
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    1,786
    Rep Power
    11

    преdложение

    Все трое признаны виновными в нападениях на иностранных граждан по мотивам национальной ненависти и публичных призывах к разжиганию межнациональной розни

    Еще одного подсудимого суд приговорил к штрафу, но освободил его от наказания в связи с истечением срока давности привлечения к уголовной ответственности .

    Четверо молодых людей обвинялись в избиении на улицах Бердска двух таджиков, а также в участии в массовом погроме на предприятии по изготовлению тротуарной плитки, в котором работали выходцы из Узбекистана.


    кто может перевести - тому спасибо :)

  2. #2
    Завсегдатай Ramil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Other Universe
    Posts
    8,501
    Rep Power
    27

    Re: преdложение

    Я старался:

    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri
    Все трое признаны виновными в нападениях на иностранных граждан по мотивам национальной ненависти и публичных призывах к разжиганию межнациональной розни
    All three were found guilty in attacking the foreign citizens by reason of national hatred and public formentation of ethnic dissents.

    Еще одного подсудимого суд приговорил к штрафу, но освободил его от наказания в связи с истечением срока давности привлечения к уголовной ответственности.
    Another accused was penaltied by the court but freed from the punishment due to expired statute of limitation for criminalt proceedings.

    Четверо молодых людей обвинялись в избиении на улицах Бердска двух таджиков, а также в участии в массовом погроме на предприятии по изготовлению тротуарной плитки, в котором работали выходцы из Узбекистана.
    Four young men were charged with assaults of two Tajiks on the streets of Berdsk and also with participating in mass basing at the walkway stabs factory which employed immigrants from Uzbekistan.
    Send me a PM if you need me.

  3. #3
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    420
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: преdложение

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramil
    Я старался:

    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri
    Все трое признаны виновными в нападениях на иностранных граждан по мотивам национальной ненависти и публичных призывах к разжиганию межнациональной розни
    All three were found guilty in attacking the foreign citizens by reason of national hatred and public formentation of ethnic dissents.
    "All three were found guilty of attacking the foreign citizens from. . ." If you say "by reason of" it isn't clear whether that was the cause of the attack, or the finding guilty. No "r" in fomentation.

    [quote:1oy4libt]Еще одного подсудимого суд приговорил к штрафу, но освободил его от наказания в связи с истечением срока давности привлечения к уголовной ответственности.
    Another accused was penaltied by the court but freed from the punishment due to expired statute of limitation for criminalt proceedings.[/quote:1oy4libt]

    "Another of the accused" is all I can correct without more knowledge of legal terminology, but I think there are a couple more mistakes.

    [quote:1oy4libt]Четверо молодых людей обвинялись в избиении на улицах Бердска двух таджиков, а также в участии в массовом погроме на предприятии по изготовлению тротуарной плитки, в котором работали выходцы из Узбекистана.
    Four young men were charged with assaults of two Tajiks on the streets of Berdsk and also with participating in mass basing at the walkway stabs factory which employed immigrants from Uzbekistan.[/quote:1oy4libt]

    "charged with the assault," or "charged with assaulting." Mass basing? Walkway stabs factory?

  4. #4
    Завсегдатай Ramil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Other Universe
    Posts
    8,501
    Rep Power
    27
    mass bashing - a missed letter. I did in in a hurry :LOL: I know my translation is not perfect at all.
    Send me a PM if you need me.

  5. #5
    DDT
    DDT is offline
    Завсегдатай DDT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm back now! ....nope Im gone again!
    Posts
    3,364
    Rep Power
    14
    Another accused was penalized by the court but freed from the punishment due to expired statute of limitation for criminal proceedings.


    "Another of the accused" is all I can correct without more knowledge of legal terminology, but I think there are a couple more mistakes.
    I think the rest sounds OK.
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

  6. #6
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Seventh
    Posts
    4,113
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by DDT
    Another accused was penalized by the court but freed from the punishment due to expired statute of limitation for criminal proceedings.


    "Another of the accused" is all I can correct without more knowledge of legal terminology, but I think there are a couple more mistakes.
    I think the rest sounds OK.
    Yes, it's perfect.
    Ingenting kan stoppa mig
    In Post-Soviet Russia internet porn downloads YOU!

  7. #7
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    332
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: преdложение

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramil
    Another accused was penaltied by the court but freed from the punishment due to expired statute of limitation for criminalt proceedings.
    I would say "penalized".

    Here is my guess.

    Another of the accused was penalized by the court but released from the punishment because the statute of limitaitions for the criminal proceedings expired.
    Я взял палку и нож, мелки и бумагу и направился к холмам.

  8. #8
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Serving Polonium-flavoured Sake at a London Japanese Restaurant
    Posts
    2,662
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: преdложение

    Quote Originally Posted by shadow1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramil
    Another accused was penaltied by the court but freed from the punishment due to expired statute of limitation for criminalt proceedings.
    I would say "penalized".

    Here is my guess.

    Another of the accused was penalized by the court but released from the punishment because the statute of limitaitions for the criminal proceedings expired.
    Yeah, I would say that the "freed from punishment" part may be grammatically correct, but it's a bit unwieldy. I would suggest that it's better to say "avoided punishment."
    Заранее благодарю всех за исправление ошибок в моём русском.

  9. #9
    DDT
    DDT is offline
    Завсегдатай DDT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm back now! ....nope Im gone again!
    Posts
    3,364
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: преdложение

    Quote Originally Posted by Бармалей
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramil
    Another accused was penaltied by the court but freed from the punishment due to expired statute of limitation for criminalt proceedings.
    I would say "penalized".

    Here is my guess.

    Another of the accused was penalized by the court but released from the punishment because the statute of limitaitions for the criminal proceedings expired.
    Yeah, I would say that the "freed from punishment" part may be grammatically correct, but it's a bit unwieldy. I would suggest that it's better to say "avoided punishment."
    Yeah? Well, I would say, "But one of the accused went unpunished because she showed up in court wearing a tight and sexy dress and slept with the entire jury, women included."
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

  10. #10
    Завсегдатай chaika's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Чапелхилловка, NC USA
    Posts
    1,987
    Rep Power
    16
    A fourth defendant was fined but was not given a prison sentence because the statute of limitations for the crime had run.

  11. #11
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,216
    Rep Power
    13
    Acquited?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Russian Lessons                           

Russian Tests and Quizzes            

Russian Vocabulary