Thread: Опять что-то очень красивое и неосязаемое для перевода

Почтенный гражданин

Опять что-то очень красивое и неосязаемое для перевода

Привет!

Как передать на английском фразу/понятие "ночной дождь в лесу", "ночной дождь в осеннем лесу"?

Вот прямо тот самый ночной дождь, капли которого сначала поодиночке падают на листься и скатываются вниз... Который начинается незаметно, постепенно набирает свою силу и в конце концов окружает тебя гулом шумящей и шелестящей воды. Под осенним лесом понимается самое начало осени, когда деревья еще не все пожелтели и листьев enough пока.

Я могу, конечно, сказать, что это будет sounds in English like "nightly rain in the forest", but I suspect native speakers know the right answer, do they?

Re: Опять что-то очень красивое и неосязаемое для перевода

Quote Originally Posted by astronomer

Я могу, конечно, сказать, что это будет sounds in English like "nightly rain in the forest", but I suspect native speakers know the right answer, do they?
    nightly means every night, so I think you're looking for something like "night rain in the forest," "rain in the forest at night" (not very poetic!) or "night rain in an autumn forest."
    Кому - нары, кому - Канары.

Почтенный гражданин

Considering the way you posed, the question, I suspect we don't have an English equivalent that captures the emotional tone of the Russian phrase. I'm a bit surprised, actually. Can you tell me what feelings, emotions, or mental images are associated with ночной дождь?

Почтенный гражданин

Quote Originally Posted by doninphxaz
    Considering the way you posed, the question, I suspect we don't have an English equivalent that captures the emotional tone of the Russian phrase. I'm a bit surprised, actually. Can you tell me what feelings, emotions, or mental images are associated with ночной дождь?
    Ой, я, кажется, чуточку перегнул палку. We don't have any special (emotional) equivalents related to the night rain. Night rain means night rain. Nothing much. The description in Russian above is my (personal) association with the night rain in the forest. There are only my feelings.

Почтенный гражданин

Ah, in that case “an overnight rain” or “a nighttime rain” should probably work.