Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Арендатор

  1. #1
    Завсегдатай Ramil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Other Universe
    Posts
    8,501
    Rep Power
    26

    Арендатор

    Как называется лицо, арендующее торговые площади в крупном торговом центре?
    Tenant? Renter? Occupant? Lessee?
    Send me a PM if you need me.

  2. #2
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Serving Polonium-flavoured Sake at a London Japanese Restaurant
    Posts
    2,662
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Арендатор

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramil
    Как называется лицо, арендующее торговые площади в крупном торговом центре?
    Tenant? Renter? Occupant? Lessee?
    I think any of these is fine, you may change them depending on context though.
    In my opinion:
    "Tenant" just sounds like a more professional way of saying "renter."
    "Occupant" sounds a little vaguer and more neutral (it doesn't confer an immediate sense of actually paying for the property, even though they undoubtedly do).
    "Lessee" sounds VERY formal and VERY legalistic -- something you'd only find in a written contract or by having lunch with some high-powered lawyers!
    Again, these are only my opinions. All of these words, though, are roughly synonyms -- I think most people would understand using ANY of them, but as I said, the context sometimes just means some words sound a little better.
    Заранее благодарю всех за исправление ошибок в моём русском.

  3. #3
    Завсегдатай Ramil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Other Universe
    Posts
    8,501
    Rep Power
    26

    Re: Арендатор

    Quote Originally Posted by Бармалей
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramil
    Как называется лицо, арендующее торговые площади в крупном торговом центре?
    Tenant? Renter? Occupant? Lessee?
    I think any of these is fine, you may change them depending on context though.
    In my opinion:
    "Tenant" just sounds like a more professional way of saying "renter."
    "Occupant" sounds a little vaguer and more neutral (it doesn't confer an immediate sense of actually paying for the property, even though they undoubtedly do).
    "Lessee" sounds VERY formal and VERY legalistic -- something you'd only find in a written contract or by having lunch with some high-powered lawyers!
    Again, these are only my opinions. All of these words, though, are roughly synonyms -- I think most people would understand using ANY of them, but as I said, the context sometimes just means some words sound a little better.
    I'm composing some "Rules" for the mm... "Renters" in English so would it be ok to use Lessee? It IS the appendix to a contract after all?
    Send me a PM if you need me.

  4. #4
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    My Time & Space
    Posts
    6,559
    Rep Power
    16
    "Lessee" is something appropriate only for the court in my opinion. General rules are good to go with "renter" or "tenant".
    «И всё, что сейчас происходит внутре — тоже является частью вселенной».

  5. #5
    Завсегдатай Ramil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Other Universe
    Posts
    8,501
    Rep Power
    26
    А как именовать Арендодателя? Proprietor? Building owner? Leaseholder?
    Send me a PM if you need me.

  6. #6
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    My Time & Space
    Posts
    6,559
    Rep Power
    16
    It could be landlord.
    «И всё, что сейчас происходит внутре — тоже является частью вселенной».

  7. #7
    Завсегдатай Ramil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Other Universe
    Posts
    8,501
    Rep Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Rtyom
    It could be landlord.
    Это аренда помещений, а не земли.
    Или в этом случае тоже landlord?
    Как-то нелогично. Я думал, что landlord можно использовать только в отношении аренды земли.
    Send me a PM if you need me.

  8. #8
    Старший оракул
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Almaty (former Alma-Ata), Kazakhstan
    Posts
    920
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramil
    Quote Originally Posted by Rtyom
    It could be landlord.
    Это аренда помещений, а не земли.
    Или в этом случае тоже landlord?
    Как-то нелогично. Я думал, что landlord можно использовать только в отношении аренды земли.
    Мой словарь утверждает, что landlord можно использовать и в отношении аренды помещений (в частности для работы).

    renter, кстати, может означать и арендатора и арендодателя.

    А вот leaseholder как раз таки только арендатор.
    Please correct my mistakes if you can, especially article usage.
    My avatar shall be the author I'm currently reading.

  9. #9
    Завсегдатай Ramil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Other Universe
    Posts
    8,501
    Rep Power
    26
    Блин, как у них всё сложно
    Send me a PM if you need me.

  10. #10
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Serving Polonium-flavoured Sake at a London Japanese Restaurant
    Posts
    2,662
    Rep Power
    12
    Here's how my apartment lease starts, Ramil:

    "1. I, referred to herein as the tenant, agree to rent from XXXXX, Inc., referred to herein as the landlord, the apt. located at XXXXX St., XXXXXX, beginning on the XXst day of XXX, 2006, and ending on the XXst day of XXXX, 2007, at an annual rent of $XXXX payable in equal monthly installments of $XXXX on the first day of each month.

    Landlord is commonly understood to be just the owner of the property -- not necessarily a full house/building located on land (I think you were asking if you could use it for a single apartment/store, etc. -- that is, just part of the building?). I think that it's fine to use it in any case, but if it really bothers you, you can just change it to "property owner".
    Заранее благодарю всех за исправление ошибок в моём русском.

  11. #11
    JJ
    JJ is offline
    Властелин
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Ural, Russia
    Posts
    1,390
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Бармалей
    at an annual rent of $XXXX payable in equal monthly installments of $XXXX on the first day of each month.
    OFF: I cant help saying... if annual rent is $XXXX so I guess monthly paying is $XXXX/12=$XXX or even $XX
    Gib immer 100% bei der Arbeit: 12% am Montag, 23% am Dienstag, 40% am Mittwoch, 20% am Donnerstag, 5% am Freitag ...

  12. #12
    Завсегдатай kalinka_vinnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Sunnyvale, Cali
    Posts
    5,771
    Rep Power
    15
    Yeah it is difficult to pay $XXXX a month and after year have paid $XXXX...
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

  13. #13
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Serving Polonium-flavoured Sake at a London Japanese Restaurant
    Posts
    2,662
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Бармалей
    at an annual rent of $XXXX payable in equal monthly installments of $XXXX on the first day of each month.
    OFF: I cant help saying... if annual rent is $XXXX so I guess monthly paying is $XXXX/12=$XXX or even $XX
    Хехе.
    Заранее благодарю всех за исправление ошибок в моём русском.

  14. #14
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,216
    Rep Power
    13
    I'd use "tenant" over "renter". The latter sounds uneducated.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Russian Lessons                           

Russian Tests and Quizzes            

Russian Vocabulary