Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Danke

Подающий надежды оратор

Danke

Danke pravit und ODdo auch! Pravit ich muss sagen, dass du Deutsch ganz ganz toll sprichst! Nein gleich lern ich Russisch nicht! ICh kann ein bisschen russisch sprechen aber nur, einfuehrungen usw ja?

Bitte schreib mir tschuess

Mit freundlichen gruessen!
    Владимир Герлокович

Почтенный гражданин
    Wenn du eine Antwort geben moechtest, dr
    Army Anti-Strapjes
    Nay, mats jar tripes
    Jasper is my Tartan
    I am a trans-Jert spy
    Jerpty Samaritans
    Pijams are tyrants
    Jana Sperm Tit Arsy

Подающий надежды оратор

sorry

Sorry,ich bin ein wenig doof! MAnchmal :P

So jasper may wer bist du? haha Wohnst du in Holland ja? ich denke dass Holland echt spitze ist besser als hier in kiel ja?

Naja

muss gehen tschuess
    Владимир Герлокович

Завсегдатай
    Kein Problem(gah, the gender of that word always throws me off. It's feminine in all other languages...). Ich bin froh, dass du denkst, dass ich Deutsch OK sprechen kann. Hoffentlich werde ich es besser lernen...

Почтенный гражданин
    Natuerlich ist es hier besser als in Kiel (ich weiss nicht einmal wo Kiel liegt)! Aber warum denkst du das? Wahrscheinlich weil es hier legal ist Wiet zu rauchen? Ich frage mich ob Deutsche auch andere Dingen ueber die Niederlanden wissen...

@Pravit: Interestingly enough, in Dutch it's also not feminine (het Probleem). Maybe it's a Germanic thing. Strong and solid. We're no pansy effeminate Romance language speakers.
    [edit:] seems that it's le probl
    Army Anti-Strapjes
    Nay, mats jar tripes
    Jasper is my Tartan
    I am a trans-Jert spy
    Jerpty Samaritans
    Pijams are tyrants
    Jana Sperm Tit Arsy

Завсегдатай
    Russian has the most influence over all of my foreign languages so it counts as "all other languages." And as I said earlier, my French is bad... I think I once said "aviabiljet" when I was speaking German and everyone looked at me weird...

Подающий надежды оратор
    auch auf Polnisch "problem" ist maennlich also es ist kein "Germanic
    thing". Das Wort ist eigentlich lateinisch also es ist wirklich unklar
    warum die Russen das Wort angenohmen haben und gleich von maennlich zur weiblich veraendert haben.

Почтенный гражданин
    Auf Italienisch und Spanisch ist 'Problema' auch weiblich... Sogar auf Lateinisch. O ja, und es ist ein Griechisches Wort.
    Army Anti-Strapjes
    Nay, mats jar tripes
    Jasper is my Tartan
    I am a trans-Jert spy
    Jerpty Samaritans
    Pijams are tyrants
    Jana Sperm Tit Arsy

Подающий надежды оратор
    ja, vielleicht. Doch ist es wahrscheinlicher dass das Wort kam ins Russisch
    von der deutschen Sprache

Почтенный гражданин
    πρόβλημα

Notice the "a" in the end. In general, Russian keeps its Greek borrowings closer to the original than many other languages.
    Jonesboro, Arkansas. Mean, stupid, violent fat people, no jobs, nothing to do, hotter than a dog with 2 d--cks.

Почтенный гражданин
    Yes, but English is the only language I know of that keeps its Greek "eu"s sounding Greek

Europe
    like Eutopia, though it should really be Europa...but things change over the years anyway..
    Эдмунд Ричардович Вудфилд

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Oddo
    Yes, but English is the only language I know of that keeps its Greek "eu"s sounding Greek

Europe
    like Eutopia, though it should really be Europa...but things change over the years anyway..
    Really? ευ should be pronounced as "ef" or "ev", not as "you". The Russian pronunciation of "Europe" (Европа) and "euphemism" (эвфемизм) is very similar to the original, the English is absolutely not. Classic Latin also treats classic Greek decently (not when pronounced by a half-educated student of Latin, though).
    Jonesboro, Arkansas. Mean, stupid, violent fat people, no jobs, nothing to do, hotter than a dog with 2 d--cks.

Новичок
    Auf Italienisch und Spanisch ist 'Problema' auch weiblich... Sogar auf Lateinisch
    Auf Franz

Почтенный гражданин
    We don't know how Greek was pronounced. Certainly, Modern Greeks pronounce 'eu' as 'ef', but in Holland we learn it's pronounced like the Dutch 'ui' (Scottish 'ow' as in 'now'), English say it's like 'you', French say it's like the eu in 'deux'. Germans say it like 'oy', but that's of course completely wrong. I thought that in Latin, 'deus' was pronounced as 'day-oos' and that this was the same as in Greek. (Dzay-oos for 'Zeus')
    Army Anti-Strapjes
    Nay, mats jar tripes
    Jasper is my Tartan
    I am a trans-Jert spy
    Jerpty Samaritans
    Pijams are tyrants
    Jana Sperm Tit Arsy

Почтенный гражданин
    In Latin, "eu", which originally was "ev" ('u' was a late addition to the alphabet), was pronounced as a short "e" and then a short "u"; this is so because "v" is either English "w" or "oo" (they added 'u' for the latter case). That is still coherent with the way "ευ" should be pronounced. German and Dutch are closer to the proper sound because it is still a diphthong, English apparently adopted the French pronunciation, and the French, well, will always be French when it comes to pronunciation. What other language can transform "aqua" into "eau"?

Почтенный гражданин
    Thou errst therein, my good Sir. Indeed, Romans didn't have the letter 'u', but they did have the sound, in the form of a 'vocalic' v. Just as they didn't have the letter j, only as a 'consonantal' i.
    Devs and bonvs, for example, were pronounced Day-oos and Bone-oos, but vox and divitiae as Vox and Dih-vits-ee-aye.
    It would be very hard to pronounce bonvs with a consonantal v, now would it?

[edit]I see that I overlooked the point you were trying to make. I apologise, but nevertheless this may be of interest.
    Army Anti-Strapjes
    Nay, mats jar tripes
    Jasper is my Tartan
    I am a trans-Jert spy
    Jerpty Samaritans
    Pijams are tyrants
    Jana Sperm Tit Arsy

Новичок
    It would be very hard to pronounce bonvs with a consonantal v, now would it?
    Why?

Почтенный гражданин
    Try it. Bonn-vv-zz.
    Army Anti-Strapjes
    Nay, mats jar tripes
    Jasper is my Tartan
    I am a trans-Jert spy
    Jerpty Samaritans
    Pijams are tyrants
    Jana Sperm Tit Arsy

Новичок
    Yeah, exactly, Bonnvvzz. It is just like 'aufs' instead of 'auf das', with the f being replaced by a 'v' and with an 'n' before ... maybe I have an advantage because clusters of consonants are very common in german :P

Почтенный гражданин
    And it's also just like 'apple', only with an n before the 'app', v between the p and l, s at the end, and without the a, p, p, l or e. Come on, that's no comparison. I know it's easy to pronounce 'fs' or 'vz', English has loads of examples, like poofs, loves etc. The n before it is what's tricky. Try saying bonn-vv-zz quickly, and not bonn-vus or bonne-vvzz. And then, please, agree that it's easier to say 'Bone-oos'. Which is what they did...
    Army Anti-Strapjes
    Nay, mats jar tripes
    Jasper is my Tartan
    I am a trans-Jert spy
    Jerpty Samaritans
    Pijams are tyrants
    Jana Sperm Tit Arsy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast