Thread: Russians in the USA (photos)

Russians in the USA (photos)

Here's a site worth looking at for better idea about younger generations of Russians (among other former USSR citizens) living in the USA.

http://www.netruss.net/site/html/4images/
    ~ Мастерадминов Мастерадмин Мастерадминович ~

Завсегдатай
    hehehehe, what a small world! I used to go on netruss chat all the time. About 90% of the people on that website are in the "seattle - tacoma" metropolitan area. the rest from california, and a few from the north east side "Vermont, main etc...". Kids at my school go on their all the time and say like "hey didn't vadim get a new integra" or "isn't that the anton that goes to kentridge?" Anyways, while your intentions are great master admin, i feel i must bring up 1 point.

To all the people who feel they might want to use netruss as a place to make new russian friends/ and or get help with russian language...Don't.

I Do know a fair amount of people from netruss, they are kids who have already been living here for 10, 12, 15 years. Or maybe even their whole lives in some cases. Most of these kids prefer to speak english all the time, and some of their parents don't even speak russian at home with them anymore. They have pretty much made the transfer to american life (though they seem to look down on americans. They stay in exlusive "russian" groups, but never really make american friends. Kinda hipocritical if you ask me). They also seem to be a little embarased about the fact they are russians. There is a guy in my 1st period class, and a guy in my 4th and 6th period class who are russian, but do not have any russian friends whatsoever and never speak russian and think it's nerdy they are russian and just want to be american. So anyways, Just a warning to people who might want to to contact people from that website for learnign russian. My advice, just don't. If you contact someone from that website, and ask for assistance learning russian, or tell them you like russian this/russian that. They probly will just call you a nerd and tell you to learn some more english.

Enough said... They have a great photo gallery of the ladies .
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

Quote Originally Posted by Dogboy182
    hehehehe, what a small world!
    You have correct observation but that accounts for about 2/3 of people on the site. There are some people worth making friends with there (I believe).

"What a small world" --> Мир тесен. Земля круглая, etc.
    ~ Мастерадминов Мастерадмин Мастерадминович ~