Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: religion

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by kalinka_vinnie
    Pioner, A) Don't take everything DDT says literally, he is a master of sarcasm and has a black belt in irony. Take his post for the humoristic value they have. I thought his post was hilarious!
    Good, but I really know some guys here who says they are believers and they go to church to pick up chicks. Really. And they said that they are more moral then I am.

B) Please do not speak for the forum about what we believe we are, whether we go to church and whether we know how to pray. You have no insight to that information. Let us speak for ourselves.
    We discussed here major religion in Russia. There was a period of my life when I was about to join Russian Orthodox Church. I have a lot of friends who are Russian and religious, I do have inside view.
    DO NOT READ MY SIGNATURE!

Quote Originally Posted by Pioner
    We discussed here major religion in Russia. There was a period of my life when I was about to join Russian Orthodox Church. I have a lot of friends who are Russian and religious, I do have inside view.
    OK, so I misunderstood you, because you misundertsood the question. The question was who on this forum were Religious. And you say that "here" (i.e. forum) people pretend to be christian, whence you meant Russia.
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

Старший оракул
    I don't consider myself an atheist, but I sure hope there is someone up there. Otherwise we are hurtling through space at 66,000 miles per hour, and no one is in control. Makes you feel all warm inside, doesn't it?

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioner
    OK, so I misunderstood you, because you misundertsood the question. The question was who on this forum were Religious. And you say that "here" (i.e. forum) people pretend to be christian, whence you meant Russia.
    maybe my English is THAT bad

but I still do not see anything in original post:

what religion is more spread in russia?
    do people believe? in what?
    is there lots of people that believe in god? what age range the most?

what is faith to you?

Read your post again

[quote:6f64wl6y]petite fleur wrote:
    from all of you that replied, who believes in god?

Good question. There are some who does, for sure. Majority pretend. I mean they believe they are chrisians, etc....[/quote:6f64wl6y]

Quote Originally Posted by saibot
    I don't consider myself an atheist, but I sure hope there is someone up there. Otherwise we are hurtling through space at 66,000 miles per hour, and no one is in control. Makes you feel all warm inside, doesn't it?
    I believe that is called Agnostic. There is no proof either way, so how can you say for sure He is there? Agnostic.

Старший оракул
    I like that word. It sounds cool. Agnostic. Agnostic. Agnostic.

Подающий надежды оратор
    it's ok kalinka, pioner gave her opinion on how generaly looks like from her perspective

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by petite fleur
    it's ok kalinka, pioner gave her opinion on how generaly looks like from her perspective
    He is a boy. I think.

Завсегдатай
    VM: Your Norwegian shock is, to me, somewhat baffling. In Norway churches are closing down due to the lack of attendence.
    Well, you should know better but I saw what I saw - crowds of people.

Unless you were in Norway on a particular religious holiday (like Easter),
    No, no holiday.

where most school children are required to attend church ceremony (we have state religion)
    This is truly sad. (IMHO, of course)

you won't see the types of crowds compared to Russia
    In Russia you won't see any crowds at all, while in Norway the police even had to seal off a few streets and I saw them make arrests (they're bloody good at using their truncheons, I must say).

or at least of that I have seen of Russia, which is limited, I agree
    I don't think you've been to Russia at all, min kjaere ven, but I do think that you like to spin a lot .
    Show yourself - destroy our fears - release your mask

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by CTPEKO3A
    Quote Originally Posted by petite fleur
    He is a boy. I think.
    I am not a boy for many years already.

Quote Originally Posted by VendingMachine
    you won't see the types of crowds compared to Russia
    In Russia you won't see any crowds at all, while in Norway the police even had to seal off a few streets and I saw them make arrests (they're bloody good at using their truncheons, I must say).
    LOL! You are telling me that our police arrested church goers, and beat them up with truncheons? They had to seal off streets to let the church goers go outside? Man, which Norway did you go to? Can you tell me your specific whereabouts?

or at least of that I have seen of Russia, which is limited, I agree
    I don't think you've been to Russia at all, min kjaere ven, but I do think that you like to spin a lot .
    min kj

Подающий надежды оратор
    oh sorry, i thought you're a female...

Подающий надежды оратор
    oops

Завсегдатай
    LOL! You are telling me that our police arrested church goers, and beat them up with truncheons?
    Yes, but not for the "crime" of attending church, but because they had started a fight with some vietnamese fruit vendours.
    They had to seal off streets to let the church goers go outside?
    They did so to protect them from the motorists and the motorists from them. It was a huge, rampaging crowd of religious zealots.
    Man, which Norway did you go to? Can you tell me your specific whereabouts?
    The horribly cold and inhospitable one, smelling of herring and cheap sex. Narvik.

[quote]min kj

Man, which Norway did you go to? Can you tell me your specific whereabouts?
    The horribly cold and inhospitable one, smelling of herring and cheap sex. Narvik.
    I know that smell, I lived there for three years! Maybe it was me, can you tell me when you were there? If it was between 1996 and 1999, bingo! Also, do you remember the dates? Was it during Vinterfest Uka? A "beating" by Police in Narvik is a rare occurance, believe me, I can do a quick search in the newspaper archives to find out what the Taliban you are talking about!

LOL! You are telling me that our police arrested church goers, and beat them up with truncheons?
    Yes, but not for the "crime" of attending church, but because they had started a fight with some vietnamese fruit vendours.
    So which church was it? There are many churches in Narvik, was it the one on Frydenlund side, that is the biggest. One of my Russian friends lived on top of the Methodological one, but I can hardly see that one as a big angry crowd gatherer.

They had to seal off streets to let the church goers go outside?
    They did so to protect them from the motorists and the motorists from them. It was a huge, rampaging crowd of religious zealots.
    Which street? Gate 1, Gate 2? Those are the main streets.

[quote=VendingMachine][quote]min kj

Завсегдатай
    I know that smell, I lived there for three years! Maybe it was me, can you tell me when you were there? If it was between 1996 and 1999, bingo!
    No, actually, it was 2002 I think.
    Also, do you remember the dates? Was it during Vinterfest Uka?
    No, it was late october I think.
    A "beating" by Police in Narvik is a rare occurance, believe me,
    Well, I don't. OK, a mass beating probably indeed is a rare, almost freak occurance, but you can't deny that loads of people are mistreated on the motorways on a regular basis.

I can do a quick search in the newspaper archives to find out what the Taliban you are talking about!
    Sure, you could do a search, you could even talk to the chaps who run the paper there, but what's the point? In Norway no idiot trusts what they write in the papers - all of the papers in Norway are controlled by either by the gov't or some mob. Neither can be trusted. Cock and bull due to coverups is the only news the people get.

Have you ever heard the Danish speak?
    Not only have I heard them speak, I myself actually speak quite a bit of Danish. The most beautiful language in the world, Danish.

Do you know any foreigner become fluent within a year? I would like to meet that person!
    Yes, I actually do. A Hungarian lady who became fluent in Russian in under a year. Can you meet her? Well, what makes you sure she would like to meet you?

Well, I don't. OK, a mass beating probably indeed is a rare, almost freak occurance, but you can't deny that loads of people are mistreated on the motorways on a regular basis.
    Watch me: I DENY IT! This is getting pointless, you are obviously taking the truth, letting it marinate in lye for three days and then boil the hell out of it, so to make it somewhat edible. But you just get Lutefisk. Still don't remember which roads or church?

I can do a quick search in the newspaper archives to find out what the Taliban you are talking about!
    Sure, you could do a search, you could even talk to the chaps who run the paper there, but what's the point? In Norway no idiot trusts what they write in the papers - all of the papers in Norway are controlled by either by the gov't or some mob. Neither can be trusted. Cock and bull due to coverups is the only news the people get.
    It is actually fun to argue with you VM, because you are so eccentric. Next you will try to persuade me to think that whale-killing is actually something bad! I think you are mixing Norwegian press with Russian.

Have you ever heard the Danish speak?
    Not only have I heard them speak, I myself actually speak quite a bit of Danish. The most beautiful language in the world, Danish.
    Well, good on you! Why Danish? Were you attracted by its beauty or was it the Gammel Dansk which was more compelling?

Do you know any foreigner become fluent within a year? I would like to meet that person!
    Yes, I actually do. A Hungarian lady who became fluent in Russian in under a year. Can you meet her? Well, what makes you sure she would like to meet you?
    Nice! You know one (1) person! Now lets extrapolate that to all foreigners and make them meet that standard, is that so?

Завсегдатай
    Watch me: I DENY IT! This is getting pointless, you are obviously taking the truth, letting it marinate in lye for three days and then boil the hell out of it, so to make it somewhat edible.
    OK, have it your own way - I saw what I saw, you can't deny what I saw with my own eyes. Doesn't change things for me - you live in a brutal, barbarian police state and I feel sorry for you that you don't notice it.

Next you will try to persuade me to think that whale-killing is actually something bad!
    Actually, I don't think that whale hunting is bad while killing cows is OK. The whale is just an animal, it can be hunted. I see eye to eye on this one with the Norwegians.

I think you are mixing Norwegian press with Russian.
    I don't read Russian papers - they give me bad gas.

Well, good on you! Why Danish?
    I can't explain that rationally - I just love the sound of it. How can you explain why you like what you like?
    Were you attracted by its beauty or was it the Gammel Dansk which was more compelling?
    I was attracted by its beauty. I also find female Danish voices extremely erotic. So maybe I like it on that score. Whatever.

Nice! You know one (1) person! Now lets extrapolate that to all foreigners and make them meet that standard, is that so?
    I just gave you an example of one particular person, I know more people, 4 or 5, probably more - that Hungarian lady had a roommate from France (!) and she too was fluent in about a year, there was this Welsh guy taught by my next-door neigbour, a uni professor, there were others, I just don't see the point of listing them all here. Why don't you come out with it - you've never been to Russia for that long.\

P.S. Why did you change your avatar? I'm so disoriented now.

Старший оракул
    I was attracted by its beauty. I also find female Danish voices extremely erotic. So maybe I like it on that score. Whatever.
    That's a VERY extreme word. Voices really do that to you?

PS. Never do a google image search of this word.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast