Thread: Disco Dancer

Почтенный гражданин

Disco Dancer

I saw "Disco Dancer" this January on Russian TV. They had a great Bollywood-theme going on TNT; every evening an Indian classic. As I understand it, these films were quite popular in Soviet days. Now, overall these movies, of course, suck, but when you look at them as comedies (like TNT presented them and the way I chose to see them), they're actually quite cool, in an Abba kinda way...

So, I liked some of the songs in that film. I even recognised them from a Ruki Vverh-song called "Jimmie". Never understood that song, now I do. It's from the film! Could someone tell me where I could dl these songs? I've got "Jimmie, Jimmie" dancing around my brain all day!
    "мужчина в самом рассвете сил"

Завсегдатай
    DUDE! That movie kicks ass! I loved that part where all the guys attack him and he gets beat up, but then they break his guitar and he gets magical disco dancing powers and flings them all into conveniently placed piles of bricks!!!

A while back I found the songs with a bunch of other ones on some Hindi music website but I can't seem to find it anymore.

Aha! Here it is! Just search for the songs in the list...
    http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Acad ... 6/mp3.html

I was able to find a high-quality MP3 of Disco Dancer on a file-sharing network after much searching. But it's mine!

"Hello beautiful! What's your name?"
    "Nisha!"

"D...se hota har Dance! I...se hota har Item! S...se hota har Singerrrr! C...se hota har Chorus! O...the orchestra!"

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Pravit
    Aha! Here it is! Just search for the songs in the list...
    http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Acad ... 6/mp3.html
    Temporarily unavailable...

Завсегдатай
    Hmm. I can host the songs on my site if you want. But actually you should be able to find them in some Hindi music site. You know, the ones with hundreds and hundreds of entries on one really long page. Because I don't actually have the song files anymore, I think.

Почтенный гражданин
    Tried that. But all the sites I googled seemed to be old and not functioning anymore.