Thread: Война

Завсегдатай

Война

Я сейчас смотрю этот филм "Война". В каком году филм сделал? Сергей бодров в фильме, так... очевидно это не слишком старый. Я думаю эта грустная тема, и теперь думаю по-другому на войне в чечне. но, я время от времени я слышу это слово, я думаю звучит такой "Korachiy"... не знаю... ну что такое то слово? oh yea, they also seemed to call everybody else "Мужик" alot, doesn't that mean peasent? is it like army jive?
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

JJ
    Властелин

Re: Война

Quote Originally Posted by Dogboy182
    Я сейчас смотрю этот филм "Война". В каком году филм сделал?
    Когда фильм сняли я не знаю, но на экраны он вышел в 2002 году.
    я думаю звучит такой "Korachiy"... не знаю... ну что такое то слово? oh yea, they also seemed to call everybody else "Мужик" alot, doesn't that mean peasent? is it like army jive?
    Может "короче"? Я этот фильм давно смотрел, уже не помню что там всё время говорили. "Короче" may sound like "кароче" - "shorterly" is used to stop useless talking, like "Ok" in some cases, or "I got it". Some guys use "короче" all the time such as "well". Мужик используется почти также как и man or guy in English. It's a rude and sometimes agressive but possible to call somebody in your social status or lower as a "мужик".
    Gib immer 100% bei der Arbeit: 12% am Montag, 23% am Dienstag, 40% am Mittwoch, 20% am Donnerstag, 5% am Freitag ...

Почтенный гражданин
    Dogboy, gde ty smotrish' vse eti fil'my? U tebya v gorode videotek? Mne hochetsya smotret' russkie fil'my, a v niderlandah negde ih kupit'...

Tak kak ya ne hochu nachat' novyj topik, u menya drugoj vopros, tozhe o 'figures of speech' (formy rechi?). Ya chitayu knigu Tolstogo, i on chasto ispol'zuet "hto zh" ili "hto zhe", kak "hto zhe, zhene-to ty zapretil davat' muzhiku vodki". Hto znachit?
    Army Anti-Strapjes
    Nay, mats jar tripes
    Jasper is my Tartan
    I am a trans-Jert spy
    Jerpty Samaritans
    Pijams are tyrants
    Jana Sperm Tit Arsy

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper May
    Dogboy, gde ty smotrish' vse eti fil'my? U tebya v gorode videotek? Mne hochetsya smotret' russkie fil'my, a v niderlandah negde ih kupit'...

Tak kak ya ne hochu nachat' novyj topik, u menya drugoj vopros, tozhe o 'figures of speech' (formy rechi?). Ya chitayu knigu Tolstogo, i on chasto ispol'zuet "hto zh" ili "hto zhe", kak "hto zhe, zhene-to ty zapretil davat' muzhiku vodki". Hto znachit?
    What do you mean by hto? Что or Кто? If your problem is "zhe" then it is very similar to the way the Germans use their "doch" or
    "aber" in the middle of something. That normally intensifies the phrase, or makes it more contrast.

Figure of speech = фигура речи

As for films, try www.ozon.ru. Or you can try a local library at your home city, they may have some old Russian/Soviet films.
    Jonesboro, Arkansas. Mean, stupid, violent fat people, no jobs, nothing to do, hotter than a dog with 2 d--cks.

Почтенный гражданин
    Silly me, I meant chto (что - I'm at home now). And I already learnt what particles are, Dutch is full of untranslateable little words, but I don't understand the construction "что ж". I mean, "What, you have forbidden you wife to give the man vodka" doesn't make sense in the context. (Брехунов is riding along in a sledge with Никита, they've got nothing to talk about, so he says this. There's no cause for indignation.)
    Army Anti-Strapjes
    Nay, mats jar tripes
    Jasper is my Tartan
    I am a trans-Jert spy
    Jerpty Samaritans
    Pijams are tyrants
    Jana Sperm Tit Arsy

Почтенный гражданин
    Silly me, I meant chto (что - I'm at home now). And I already learnt what particles are, Dutch is full of untranslateable little words, but I don't understand the construction "что ж". I mean, "What, you have forbidden you wife to give the man vodka" doesn't make sense in the context. (Брехунов is riding along in a sledge with Никита, they've got nothing to talk about, so he says this. There's no cause for indignation.)
    I could not find the exact phrase that you gave. Do you mean "Хозяин и работник"? The closest one I can there find is:

Они помолчали. Но Василию Андреичу хотелось говорить.
    - Что ж, хозяйке-то, я чай, наказывал бондаря не поить? - заговорил тем же громким голосом Василий Андреич...

There is no indignation, but there is some astonishment or even amusement. Василий Андреич was obviously aware of Nikita's family affairs. If we remove all the "unnecessary" words, the phrase will be: "Что, хозяйке наказывал бондаря не поить?" "What, you have forbidden the mistress to give vodka to the cooper?" That inquiry is more or less neutral. The original phrase is: "So what now, you I reckon have forbidden the mistress...", and there is a lot more sneering in it.
    Jonesboro, Arkansas. Mean, stupid, violent fat people, no jobs, nothing to do, hotter than a dog with 2 d--cks.

Почтенный гражданин
    Ah, see, in the original version it's far easier to understand. I'm reading a stupid 'Easy Readers' version, but I'm increasingly noticing that it's harder to understand than the original... They use a very odd starters vocabulary, as nearly all their words appear in the 2000-4000 section of my frequency dictionary.
    Army Anti-Strapjes
    Nay, mats jar tripes
    Jasper is my Tartan
    I am a trans-Jert spy
    Jerpty Samaritans
    Pijams are tyrants
    Jana Sperm Tit Arsy

Почтенный гражданин
    Ah, see, in the original version it's far easier to understand. I'm reading a stupid 'Easy Readers' version, but I'm increasingly noticing that it's harder to understand than the original... They use a very odd starters vocabulary, as nearly all their words appear in the 2000-4000 section of my frequency dictionary.
    Как говорится, "из песни слов не выкинешь".

Подающий надежды оратор

chto zh

Что ж is sometimes used in the beginning of an utterance by way of proceeding or keeping up a conversation. Or by way of agreeing and accepting an argument. Like 'well' or 'right'.

Завсегдатай
    @Jasper. A friend gave it to me Если ты хочешь Видеть "скачать" бесплатно.... PM me

About korochiy: I asked a friend at school. He said it was most likely "Горячий". but i can't be sure.

All in all... I think this film was pretty good, it was really good to see Sergey (bogrov) again, before he died (this must have been right before his death )
    It was extremely upseting when those chechens where killing those russians and that one guy was saying something like "Пожалуйста не убейте меня у меня мама..." it's even more sad, that i have seen real pcitures of executed russian soldiers on the ФСБ website, and that it really happens like that... A потом смерть ... I guess that's why they call it война.

BTW, how is my russian ?
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

Старший оракул
    Dogboy, I hope you don't mind me resurrecting this ancient thread of yours
    Only I've just bought (and watched) война on DVD, partly on the recommendation of one of my friends here.

About the word, I'm pretty sure you are talking about the word короче , if you mean the word that the main character uses all the time, especially in the narration scenes in the interrogation room or whatever it is. I guess it's best translated as 'In short' (semi-literal translation) or 'basically' (some people use that word all the time in English..).

It was a great one to buy because the DVD has English subtitles.. so I can watch it a couple of times with the subtitles, and then try without

It's funny that the English guy is such a horrible character, because now I know how Russians feel when they see Hollywood movies with Russians

как вы думаете, етот филмь реалистичеслий или нет? мне было интересно что я мог понимать чеченци (sp?) легче чем русскии, потому что они говорят очень плохо
    Море удачи и дачу у моря

Завсегдатай
    Ah, how i long for subtitles! mine doesn't have any, thus i don't understand very much of it. And yea, i watched the movie with a russian friend once, and asked him about the whole koroche thing, and he said it means like "Anyways..." or "basically", as you put it.

I havn't watched this movie in forever because it's on my old computer, and i got a new one about 2 months ago. I have been trying to find a decent file splitter, so i can burn the movie onto a disk, and then put it back together on this computer, but so far it's not working to well.

Oh well, i'm glad soembody else has seen it too ! because i don't think anybody else had. the only thing i didn't like about it was the begining, because as i stated before, gаy V, and i were looking at the FSB webpage ontime and stumbled across real pictures of soldiers being all knifed up... pretty sad.

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogboy182
    I have been trying to find a decent file splitter, so i can burn the movie onto a disk, and then put it back together on this computer, but so far it's not working to well.
    Connect both of your boxes with serial-to-serial or parallel-to-parallel cable (this is the simplest kind of network connection) and copy the file to your new box.

Or use a regular LAN cable if both of your computers have LAN cards.

Почтенный гражданин
    I know, I know. This is an old thread. But I just came past this post and thought I'd let you know there are some Russian shops in the Netherlands where, if I'm informed correctly, they not only sell Russian food, but also things like books and video tapes.

Here are some links (I hope it's OK to post these, if not, please delete):

http://www.rus.nl/rus/yellow/window.asp?ID=1841

http://www.rus.nl/rus/yellow/window.asp?ID=1881

You might want to call first, since not all these Russian shops seem to last very long.

There's also supposed to be a Russian shop in Amstelveen, where you live. But, as I understand, they only sell Russian food there.

Also, from a German post order company:

http://www.rus.nl/rus/yellow/window.asp?ID=1882
    "мужчина в самом рассвете сил"