Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By gRomoZeka
  • 1 Post By Lampada
  • 1 Post By Lampada
  • 1 Post By Dmitry Khomichuk

Thread: базовую подготовку военных в России/СШA- Basic training ("boot camp"),RUS/USA

Почтенный гражданин

базовую подготовку военных в России/СШA- Basic training ("boot camp"),RUS/USA

I'm curious about this topic - though, please forgive me if it seems strange or nerdy to anyone, and I won't disagree with your opinion.

I'm curious about the training our basic soldiers receive, both in Basic ("boot") and afterward. Most of at least the Basic US training is available online, usually in the form of free .PDF manuals... most prevalent are the 1992/1998 editions but I have found the recent 2010/2 edition of the Army's PFTM and I can post it if anybody is interested.

With Russia though I did not have such luck - it might be my own iniquity but I couldn't find any such documentation, about how soldiers are trained in Russian military. I did find one article, talking about Spetsnaz Special Forces training, but none of this was very detailed and was all the diatribe of one ex-Spetsnaz named Badnyuk. I'd be interested in reading more about this.

Of course it also would not surprise me to simply find that Russia does not want to publish these documents - tactically speaking. It often surprises me that US always does, and did - even back in the 70s one could order these manuals through a mail-order service, even without any military credentials. Of course now with the internet it's all gone blessedly pear-shaped.

2012 Army Fitness Standards <-- website about 2012 PF standards for the US Army
    http://www.apft-standards.com/files/...l_Training.pdf <-- 2012 APFT standards manual, for Training Organizers

If you know anything please fill me in! Or if there is nothing to know )))
    luck/life/kidkboom
    Грязные башмаки располагают к осмотрительности в выборе дороги. /*/ Muddy boots choose their roads with wisdom. ;

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that information would be considered classified. Even though, I think, all countries do the same f.... thing.
    I think the basic training of a Special Forces would be different only in some respects. The primary targets for the Special Forces are either the nuclear objects, the air-bases, the headquarters, the police and fire stations, or communication facilities. The nature of the close combat implies some special components in the training, e.g. the soldiers should be used to blood and death. Another special component is the explosives. Other than that, they would do the exact f.... training like everybody else, but more intense and more specialized. I'm pretty sure the Special Forces all around the world would do the same thing in this way or another. There's nothing interesting in it. Just a lot of dirty, tiresome, dangerous, and unhealthy labour.

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile View Post
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure that information would be considered classified. Even though, I think, all countries do the same f.... thing.
    I think the basic training of a Special Forces would be different only in some respects. The primary targets for the Special Forces are either the nuclear objects, the air-bases, the headquarters, the police and fire stations, or communication facilities. The nature of the close combat implies some special components in the training, e.g. the soldiers should be used to blood and death. Another special component is the explosives. Other than that, they would do the exact f.... training like everybody else, but more intense and more specialized. I'm pretty sure the Special Forces all around the world would do the same thing in this way or another. There's nothing interesting in it.
    Ha, well that's what I thought.. more or less. My personal interest in the topic is more a medical one than anything, but I'm not surprised to hear what you say about it. I appreciate you taking the time to respond to this, and I agree with what you say:

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile View Post
    Just a lot of dirty, tiresome, dangerous, and unhealthy labour.
    war. war never changes)
    luck/life/kidkboom
    Грязные башмаки располагают к осмотрительности в выборе дороги. /*/ Muddy boots choose their roads with wisdom. ;

Завсегдатай
    If you are interested in this topic try checking Russian-speaking resources.
    For example, here's a book "Подготовка разведчика: система спецназа ГРУ" (you can read it online)
    I doubt you'll read any top classified info there, but it gives you some idea of the process, with real life examples. I find qualifying/fitness standards for soldiers on various tasks particularly interesting.

You might also be interested in "Спецназ" magazine. I've seen online Russian versions from the late 90's published in Moscow: "Everything about everyday life, history and training of special units (милиция, КГБ, МЧС, ГРУ)", and more up to date Belorussian magazines (in Russian). Just one issue for starters: June 2010 (depositfiles link is valid, I've just checked it)

There are also various CDs available, such as "Энциклопедия "Спецназ России". Подготовка бойца Спецназа" collection, though it hardly bears much resemblance to real life, even if the tutors and consultants are specnaz officers, as advertised. Still, you can buy them or download them illegally, if you wish.
    kidkboom likes this.

Почтенный гражданин
    gRom you are very kind to post this!!! this is all very interesting. as we speak i'm printing a copy that I can translate and read on my two-hour commute home from work )) What you say is along what I thought about the ex-Spetsnaz Badyuk - among other things, he said that, part of his training was being required to kill a rat in a cage with his bare hands.. this sounded rather questionable, though of course very interesting in a jeanclaude-vandamme-movie sort of way ))) for the info thanks a million!!
    luck/life/kidkboom

Published on May 15, 2012 by tvZvezda

Телеканал «Звезда»
    Все о них слышали, но мало кто представляет на самом деле. Что скрывает маска бойца спецназа? Пот, кровь, боль, постоянное преодоление себя... Что стоит за эффектными кадрами молниеносных операций? Тысячи часов - полевых выходов, стрельб, прыжков, погружений в воду, восхождений в горы... В армейском спецназе нет случайных людей. А избитая фраза «лучшие из лучших», в отношении этих людей - документальный факт! Захватывающие сцены без трюков и без дублеров. О спецназе от первого лица. В кадре только действующие бойцы. За кадром - голоса только тех, чьи лица обычно нельзя показывать.

Официальные страницы телеканала в интернете:
    Телеканал «ЗВЕЗДА»
    Телеканал "ЗВЕЗДА" - TV Channel - Москва | Facebook
    Телеканал ЗВЕЗДА (@zvezdanews) on Twitter
    kidkboom likes this.

Uploaded by nikel050 on Feb 25, 2011
    kidkboom likes this.

Dmitry Khomichuk
    If you are interested in military in general, not only in soldiers training, you can read this magazine:
    Министерство обороны

You can read there veterans recall about Afghanistan for example
    kidkboom likes this.

Почтенный гражданин
    All these links! These are all wonderful, thank you for the info guys! I'll be looking at these all day)
    luck/life/kidkboom