Thread: My Russian name

Подающий надежды оратор

My Russian name

In my second year Russian class we have names. Mine is Loubov. That means love, right? I absolutly adore this name. Are there any other names with meanings?
    Pixie has come to light up your day!

Старший оракул
    Liubov' does mean love.

Vera means faith.
    Nadezhda means hope.
    Vrei să pleci dar nu ma, nu ma iei
    Nu ma, nu ma iei, nu ma, nu ma, nu ma iei
    Chipul tau si dragostea din tei
    Mi-amintesc de ochii tai

Thanks! :P

Почётный участник
    and Nikolai means awsome sexy guy

In my russian class they let us pick our names. Mine was Shokoladni Grom.

Подающий надежды оратор
    Shokoladni Grom, interesting.

Подающий надежды оратор
    Very.

Завсегдатай
    Wtf pixie girl? You guys have russian classes in spokane? I live just outside of seattle and NONE of our schools have russian classes. I are jelous of you.

I just have a few quick questions.

1)How well do average american idiots learn russian? I'd imagine not so well. Even in my german class, 3rd year students don't know why Die would ever change to Der. It changes? that's stupid!

2) How many kids are in it (as apposed to like spanish, latin) My school has like 3 spanish teachers cuz all the kids want to take it.

3) what kind of kids are there? Dorks? Russians? 1337s?
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

I know for a fact that University of Washington, Seattle, offers Russian classes. Not talking about the bachelor program, but evening classes that anyone can join, student or not. I took 'em!
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

Завсегдатай
    Well i was talking about highschool, but cool. How much? The community college 2 blocks from me has russian classes too (evening) but its like 100 dollars. I dont know if i want to spend 100 dollars on a beginner course where i might not learn anything.
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

I learned Russian at DLI it's a military course. You learn up to about Russian 4 in College in 1 year. It's intense though. And Shokoladni Grom is an awesome name. I'm not black but It sounds cool :P

Завсегдатай
    U WENT TO DLI FOR RUSSIAN???? I GOT ACCEPTED THERE!

OMFG WHATS IT LIKE? I might not go though because you dont get to pick your language and they might give me like chinese. but i really want to do russian there. If u could pLEASE PLEASE PM me or ... Give me some more info that would be soooo cooloool! THANX

Почётный участник
    yeah, id love to go to DLI and take russian. Major drawback of the military is that you dont get what you want. One of my teachers was in the Navy, he signed up for carriers, but got stuck on a crappy LST.

Почтенный гражданин
    I bet if you have a formal education, BA in a language, youll be given some preference and consideration for the language you already know rather than going in self taught, they probably wont take it as seriously and start you over with some other language that is in greater demand.

Завсегдатай
    If i had a BA in a language why would i wan't to join the military and learn it all over again.

Почтенный гражданин
    because a BA in a language doesnt get you far in terms of jobs, and going to military you could possibly build a career out of it.

Подающий надежды оратор
    Yeah my high school offers it. We've learned quite a bit. There is only one class with 12 kids and we are all very dedicated to learning Russian.

Завсегдатай
    1)True
    2)Cool

Подающий надежды оратор
    Heh, I love learning Russian. I love it more then I love singing which is saying alot since I've been singing for 14 years. - since I was 2-

Well your all partially right about DLI you don't get to pick your language. But there are ways to get around it. If you go as a civilian I believe you can choose but it's very expensive. If you go in the military you can tell them that you won't sign your contract to join unless they put whatever language you want in the contract first. Also once you have a language. Sometimes they will allow you to switch with someone if you both agree on it. DLI is definately one of the best language schools there is. But you have to work hard. Depending on your language your course can range from 6 months to a little over a year. But you go to class monday through friday from I believe 8 soemthing until 3 something it's been so long i don't remember. But you learn so much there.